Deleted

Reforging DK Tank

Hello, I was woundering if someone can help me out.

I currently have the following stats: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...chudz/advanced

Expertise: 19
    Level 88 Boss Parry Chance 9.25%
    Level 88 Boss Dodge Chance 1.75%

Hit: +3.31%
    Level 88 Boss Normal Attacks Miss Chance 23.69%
    Level 88 Boss Special Attacks Miss Chance 4.69%

My Dodge: 12.11%
    My Parry: 14.85%

I want to know with the above stats will I be able to hold threat on a raid boss? Also these are my stats without reforging anything should I reforge my Expertise to Mastery? Also I hear that your dodge and parry should be equal why is this? I have also got Expertise gems in my red sockets but I was going to change them to Parry which would reduce my Expertise even more.

Thanks
    Last edited by mmoc281c52b070; 2010-12-17 at 04:46 AM.

Deleted
    Did you check the Tanking Sticky?

Threat is faceroll. The only stats that can increase your Threat Generation are Hit and Expertise, so I'm not sure why you'd want to Reforge away from Expertise if you're having Threat Issues (Lol?).

The reason we keep equal amounts of Dodge and Parry is because they now have equal diminishing return. Skipping the theorycrafting mumbo jumbo, post-reforging you want to have equal amounts of Dodge and Parry, it helps you gain more Avoidance when you get your next Gear Upgrade.

You want to Reforge Avoidance to Mastery in your case, and excess Hit and/or Expertise (8% Hit Cap 26 Expertise Soft-Cap).

Oh and yeah like the guy below said. Stop Dual-Wielding. No, seriously. Stop.
    Last edited by mmoc34c31092a9; 2010-12-17 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcotraz View Post
    The Tanking Sticky would be an excellent place to start getting your questions answered. Hint hint.
    what he said.

Though i'd like to point out that your Normal attack miss chance is for Dual wielding, and of course you aren't DW Blood tanking, so it's not quite that much chance to miss. equip your 2H and recheck your miss.

Quit dual wielding if you're concerned with threat.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerabret View Post
    what he said.
    Too late ;(

---------- Post added 2010-12-17 at 07:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    Quit dual wielding if you're concerned with threat.
    Gotta give him credit for having slow weapons at least. Although that was probably not intentional. Damn, he doesn't even have Nerves of Cold Steel
    Last edited by mmoc34c31092a9; 2010-12-17 at 05:03 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah im not Dual weilding on purpose, also im not having issues with threat as ive not been in a raid to test but im going on sunday and woundered if anyone knows if I will have issues with threat with them stats. I am farming HC deadmines and grim batol every day for the dam 2h lol but DPS win or doesnt drop im also saving for the 2h Crafted Mace will have one of them before sunday atleast.

I equiped my 2h quest crap lol and my hit is currently:

5.17% miss chance which isnt bad suppose! I missed the dam sticky whoops ill go read now
    Last edited by mmoc281c52b070; 2010-12-17 at 05:30 AM.

Deleted
    There's plenty of weapons to choose from. Throne of Tides Heroic has a great Axe for example. There's also a Questline in Twilight Highlands called Crucible of Carnage, it awards you a 333 Blue Weapon. 10 mins of work for a great weapon.

There's few good slow 2 handers from Tol Barad's rep if your revered with your respective faction.

Also about the reforging, go all out on mastery with any dodge or parry rating. Bloodshield is just so much better than avoidance.

Deleted
    Heroic Deadmines, Foe Reaper 5000 drops Foe Reaper, which has hit and expertise...
    Best Blood DK weapon for pre-raid and has 30% chance to drop, because Foe Reaper 5000 only has 3 loots.

Deleted
    There is no "best" anything, unless you can get a full set of Gear together everyone's stats will always be different so there's no "best, better, worse" for just one piece. BiS Sets have something for every slot for a reason.

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dual wielding as a tank is and always had been a TERRIBLE idea. there are many reasons to not do this but if you were just running tests then whatever...
    Holding threat is never an issue so long as you just watch your rotation and actually pick up gear. Vengence is the new "leveling threat" modifier. the stronger you get the more it helps. single target threat is pretty easy to hold but if threat seems to be an issue try using BCB and using diseases. this shouldnt honestly be needed but if your just not completely geared for what you need this is the answer. else skip this talent as it really isnt even useful until later which in that case if your still having threat issues late in the fight use RS more.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avatar Killer View Post
    Dual wielding as a tank is and always had been a TERRIBLE idea. there are many reasons to not do this but if you were just running tests then whatever...
    Holding threat is never an issue so long as you just watch your rotation and actually pick up gear. Vengence is the new "leveling threat" modifier. the stronger you get the more it helps. single target threat is pretty easy to hold but if threat seems to be an issue try using BCB and using diseases. this shouldnt honestly be needed but if your just not completely geared for what you need this is the answer. else skip this talent as it really isnt even useful until later which in that case if your still having threat issues late in the fight use RS more.
    So would it be a good idea to reforge my hit and expertise to mastery or my dodge and parry xD if threat is never an issue i think it would be best to reforge all my hit and expertise into mastery?

Deleted
    I personally think you should start reforging either when you've got stats to spare (too much hit or expertise), or when you réálly need more of a certain stat, and you can afford to gimp some others.

It the moment, I'm guessing you have neither.
    Don't reforge just for the hell of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chudz View Post
    So would it be a good idea to reforge my hit and expertise to mastery or my dodge and parry
    No, that would be a bad idea unless you're over the hit cap and the expertise soft cap.

Keep in mind that your mastery is contingent upon your Death Strike HITTING the target. Therefore hit and expertise are mitigation stats as well as threat stats.

Hit > Expertise > Mastery .. Reforge, Gem, Enchant

Get hit Capped, move to expertise.. get cap, move to mastery.. GOGO

Deleted
    Don't gem Hit.