Thread: Shadow priest

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    So using Dispersion and doing 0 dps for 6 seconds giving you 36% mana is smaller DPS loss than say... using Shadow Word Death, getting 4 globals worth of damage out for 40% mana. Got it, right.
    I said as a LAST resort, I didn't say Never use SWD for mana pre 25% its a dps loss either way to use either. Now there are parts in fights where you DO have downtime, such as Conclave of Wind where you have to use the wind jump to cross platforms to kill adds and lose stacks, then jump back, this time is around 4-6 secs of downtime each jump, a PERFECT time to use Dispersion, rather than use 4 globals for SWD.

I mean using SWD while moving or running, like in Atramedes, where you have to move from the sound waves he produces with his wings, now this is a perfect example of when to use SWD, you're moving, and why not use something to both give you mana, and produce some dmg on the go.

Both have their Ups and Downs. Its how you use them.. I am just saying, using SWD pre 25% as a source of mana in your rotation is not a smart idea, rather than using Shadowfiend as a mana cooldown.

It's all about smart use of your mechanics. If you can do that, then you are a good wow player.
    Whenever i see a target almost dead, that's the time i use Death. And dispersion is very nice aswell in a lot of situation where you are either moving or getting grabbed by a boss or whatever, all good moments to use it to reduce damage and get mana. Not using it in your rotation would be stupid. There aren't many patchwerk fights left where dispersion would hurt your dps a lot.