Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Heroics NEEDS to be this "hard".

I've seen a few "nerf heroics plx" threads lately on these forums, and one of the main arguments of nerfing them, is that the main player base, popularily called casuals, would eventually quit in frustration.

I disagree. Most of the "casuals" raided in Wrath, and honestly, if you want to raid in Cataclysm, you need the practice of heroics. Me and 8 of my irl friends plus 1 random rogue went to Blackrock Descent last night, and HOLY CRAP, it was hard.

We pretty much steamroll heroics, and we spent about 3 hours wiping on the first boss. Granted, we weren't fully enchanted and gemmed because gemming enchanting blue gear feels a bit "meh", but we bit the sour apple and did it anyway, just because we had to.

So we finally downed him, but all I can say it's that it has very little room for failure. If you take uncessary damage that you should have avoided, your healers will go oom pretty fast. We went with 3 healers, our ret pala threw in heals as often as he could as well.

We haven't tried any of the other raids yet, but it most likely won't be any easier.

Honestly though, it was super challenging and super hard, way harder then most of the ICC heroics, and it feels great.

Just think about this before whining over heroics. Yeah, they are a massive pain with PUG's atm, but they all have to learn to improve some how IF they want to raid in Cataclysm.

While a few bosses may need some retuning, I'm loving the difficulty of heroics. Honestly, they're not THAT hard if you're not...you know...bad...

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroics aren't bad at all, give or take the odd encounter here and there. People complaining they're hard are usually the ones who scream at the healer for not healing them standing in a fire.

With the greater prevalence of such threads I fear Blizzard will nerf Heroics. I just have to say to those complaining about Heroics: gear up and learn to play. Don't put yourself into the mindset that all PUGs are retarded, cause in reality it might be you who is wiping the dungeon (People who complain about Heroics being too hard are usually retarded). Seriously the QQ'ers either need to find a guild or just suck it up and contribute to PUGs by A. Doing their respective roles, B. Explaining fights with detail (will take more time wiping over and over again anyhoo) and C. Just shut the fuck up and play the game instead of flooding the forums with your fucking retarded tears

The grammar in 60% of the threads on here make it hard for me to want to take you seriously. :3 Heroics NEEDS to be this hard? Needs? Sounds like one of those foreigner's scam whisper that you get in game.. XD

User was warned for this post. Under the Forum Guidelines, Section 13.8, posts attacking other users spelling and grammar is specifically prohibited. We have a lot of users whose first language is not English, so they're trying their best and do not need to be harassed for it. - Simca
    Last edited by Simca; 2010-12-17 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    The grammar in 60% of the threads on here make it hard for me to want to take you seriously. :3 Heroics NEEDS to be this hard? Needs? Sounds like one of those foreigner's scam whisper that you get in game.. XD
    These forums are for discussing "Raids and Dungeons" idiot.

User was warned for this post. Don't call people idiots. Instead, report their posts, and I'll take care of them. - Simca
    Last edited by Simca; 2010-12-17 at 09:14 AM.

The thing that makes heroics "hard" in pugs is that 95% of the dpsers you get in lfg are underperforming by far.. Talking about people at 85 doing 5-6k dps on bosses while I run it with guildies we're all around 14-18k. So if the total dps with underperformers is 15-18k and with people who know what they're doing is 42-54k it's no wonder fights last forever and people dying cause of healer going oom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Värgen View Post
    I've seen a OMG WTF TON of "nerf heroics plx" threads

Fixed. ^^

/agree

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Yes, very amusing. I get very little practice writing english anymore due to the fact I'm not in school. I pretty much only use it in Wow these days, and the level of communication there is not advanced. So it's rusty, but better then most norwegians.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kliffharry View Post
    The thing that makes heroics "hard" in pugs is that 95% of the dpsers you get in lfg are underperforming by far.. Talking about people at 85 doing 5-6k dps on bosses while I run it with guildies we're all around 14-18k. So if the total dps with underperformers is 15-18k and with people who know what they're doing is 42-54k it's no wonder fights last forever and people dying cause of healer going oom.
    So true.
    I'm not sure if it's because they dont know how to play yet, or just are to ego and cheats their way into Heroics.

They're fine as they are. Retune a few leave the rest. Gogo guy, one button healer, and ZOMFG! I'll pul the whole room tank are bad and the heroics are showing as much.

I'm really really getting tired of everyone miscompeting casual with terribles. I am a casual player have been since I got out of the service because my job and family keep me from being hardcore like i was in vanilla wow. I have light of dawn as well as the rest of my casual guild. Yeah we didn't get it down pre 30% but who cares we did and before 4.0 was released. We are not a hardcore guild and are a casual guild because we don't want to put 5 day a week plus raiding schedule when we have other priorities in life that keep us from that.

We love the hard game we love a challenge we love high difficulty and raid really freaking well.

Please mmo public stop equaling casual gamers to the terribles. It is really getting old.

Thanks.

the heroics are only hard the first time before you know the strat of the fight, and you're gear is even worse

do a few of them and you start to get the hang of how heroics work now

Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    I'm really really getting tired of everyone miscompeting casual with terribles. I am a casual player have been since I got out of the service because my job and family keep me from being hardcore like i was in vanilla wow. I have light of dawn as well as the rest of my casual guild. Yeah we didn't get it down pre 30% but who cares we did and before 4.0 was released. We are not a hardcore guild and are a casual guild because we don't want to put 5 day a week plus raiding schedule when we have other priorities in life that keep us from that.

We love the hard game we love a challenge we love high difficulty and raid really freaking well.

Please mmo public stop equaling casual gamers to the terribles. It is really getting old.

Thanks.
    Ditto to this. My raid group raids once a week but we were still one of the few guilds on our server to kill Yogg-Saron and Lich King. Just because we play less doesn't mean we're bad

It sucks as a DPS having to wait 50mins to get into one.. If they weren't so difficult to heal an d tank we would have more casual tanks and healers queuing. That's the big downside. I like the challenge, but don't like the "pug" challenge.. Maybe nerf it a bit if you are in a pug or somethign and get a tad bit worse loot?

Quote Originally Posted by Elrin View Post
    Just because we play less means we're bad

fixed for the lulz

Quote Originally Posted by pyropete View Post
    It sucks as a DPS having to wait 50mins to get into one.. If they weren't so difficult to heal an d tank we would have more casual tanks and healers queuing. That's the big downside. I like the challenge, but don't like the "pug" challenge.. Maybe nerf it a bit if you are in a pug or somethign and get a tad bit worse loot?
    They are not difficult!

The first time through is a little unnerving because nobody knows what is going on, after that the mechanics are not difficult and nothing special is necessary, save for maybe needing a slow on some encounters. Deal with it, some need to learn, some should not be playing because they can't handle using more than 2 abilities, everyone else is doing fine and apparently you are unable to group with them because you can't /2 lfg heroics.

The term "casual" doesn't have anything to do with how many hours you put into the game. In this sense it refers more to the effort you put into playing.
    "Everyone generalizes from one example, I know I do" Steven Brust

Quote Originally Posted by junioroverlord View Post
    The term "casual" doesn't have anything to do with how many hours you put into the game. In this sense it refers more to the effort you put into playing.
    NO the term casual was derived from the one that doesnt put 50+ hours a week into the game. Which in turn made people think that us non 50 plus hours a week gamers are terrible.

Get your facts straight.

Quote Originally Posted by etsumii View Post
    Heroics aren't bad at all, give or take the odd encounter here and there. People complaining they're hard are usually the ones who scream at the healer for not healing them standing in a fire.
    Im lvling my pala as holy, and Im really looking forward to these people :P So far healing cata normals have been far to easy (might be cos I tend to get a lot of lvl 85 tanks -_-, Gief Challange!). Going with 1 or 2 bads can actually make runs more interesting and fun sometimes!

Ofc, I might get proven wrong when I finally reach cata hcs but that will be my prob by then xD Hopefully guild will help me gear up a bit too.
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab