Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Run HCs with your guild.

Oh look, simple solutions ftw.
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"Build a statue of your king."

I have blacksmithing along with half my guild wanting stuff, I'm glad they are bop as there are enough idiots in pugs who already do not realise this and need on them becuase they think they can AH them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Willelm View Post
    Run HCs with your guild.

Oh look, simple solutions ftw.
    Not everyone has a guild. Not everyone has a guild that can run heroics. Not everyone cares to be in a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    I have blacksmithing along with half my guild wanting stuff, I'm glad they are bop as there are enough idiots in pugs who already do not realise this and need on them becuase they think they can AH them.
    Make a macro stating that orbs are bop, and ask everyone not to need on them, unless they can actually craft with it. Press the macro at the start of the insta, and before the pull of the last boss, and cross your fingers...

Thank god they're BoP.

---------- Post added 2010-12-17 at 04:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zox View Post
    Make a macro stating that orbs are bop, and ask everyone not to need on them, unless they can actually craft with it. Press the macro at the start of the insta, and before the pull of the last boss, and cross your fingers...
    fwiw, i would totally ignore that. everyone has a right to roll on them. i may not be able to craft with them today, but i will be soon. i don't think i'd appreciate one person out of the five trying to dictate/decide who's "worthy" of taking the orb.

and honestly, i would be a little annoyed reading that right off the bat in a pug. to me, that doesn't really set a good tone. in my opinion. everyone's different.

---------- Post added 2010-12-17 at 04:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    Not everyone has a guild. Not everyone has a guild that can run heroics. Not everyone cares to be in a guild.
    Truth, but it's an advantage of being in a guild in an MMO. Just like JC/mining makes JC easier than, say, JC/Ench, if you play guildless, you're gonna have a tougher time of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kragragh View Post
    Truth, but it's an advantage of being in a guild in an MMO. Just like JC/mining makes JC easier than, say, JC/Ench, if you play guildless, you're gonna have a tougher time of it.
    Which I totally agree with. And that is someone's choice. But, to JUST give an answer of "Play with a guild", does not suffice. It's a standard cop-out answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kragragh View Post
    fwiw, i would totally ignore that. everyone has a right to roll on them. i may not be able to craft with them today, but i will be soon. i don't think i'd appreciate one person out of the five trying to dictate/decide who's "worthy" of taking the orb.

and honestly, i would be a little annoyed reading that right off the bat in a pug. to me, that doesn't really set a good tone. in my opinion. everyone's different.
    Why would you roll on it, if you can't even craft with it? You can roll on it when and if you have 525 skill in the crafting prof.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zox View Post
    Why would you roll on it, if you can't even craft with it? You can roll on it when and if you have 525 skill in the crafting prof.
    So, just because some one can't use it immediately that means that they can't roll on it? Example: My "crafting profession" is at 455. I plan on starting to work on it this weekend. I know that I will need orbs, I plan to roll on them so it helps me in near future. I can say the samething about people at max mining. Don't mine my node because you don't need the skill level! Fair is fair.
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2010-12-17 at 05:01 PM.

Weren't Frozen orbs BoP in the beginning?

I think they will make Chaos orbs BoE when it won't matter anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why would the Tailor get them all doesn't the Blacksmith need them also?
    Zift

There have been serveral "stop needing chaos orbs" threads lately. Just keep in mind that numerous people stated that the frozen orbs they had in the bank that were BoP DID NOT change over and were still bound after patch. Only those obtained after the patch were not soulbound. So if your using 2 gathering professions the only reason to "need" one is so you can vendor it, unless you plan on powerleveling a crafting prof in the very near future.

The only way they could improve the situation would be to remove the ability to need on the orbs if you don't have a profession that can make use of them.

better question, why are people without professions to use them NEEDING on them

Quote Originally Posted by d3sign8t3dDruNk View Post
    This system is broken.
    Did anyone else laugh at this as hard as I did?

Although I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that need on the orbs even when they can't use them, I'm sure at the same time you're underestimating just how many people CAN use them as well. If you want a guaranteed Chaos Orb go with friends/farm with your guild etc. Just because you can't buy them off the AH does not mean the system is a broken one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dooditsprinny View Post
    better question, why are people without professions to use them NEEDING on them
    In the hypothetical situation that they were not BoP, I would need them so I could pass them on to our guilds blacksmith/engineer/whoever needs them.

People who want to power grind them in guilds can still do so and it won't prevent them from getting "ez lootz". It needlessly punishes those that want to help their guildies even when they're not online. Another pointless, pointless restriction by Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by d3sign8t3dDruNk View Post
    This is rediculous. Not only do you get screwed over by RNG with 4 other people rolling need on these items in heroics who probably cant even use them anyway, you can't buy them off the AH like you could frozen orbs. This system is broken. Some of us with blacksmithing and other crafting professions would like to be able to make our epic 359 patterns. The mats are already expensive enough, which is fine...but they shoudlnt be RNG based....give me a break
    If you played in BC and Vanilla you knew it was hard to gear and Frozen orbs being BoP was a good idea in wrath but they changed it. It makes the profession like Tailoring worth it. QQ more get a guild run and just have decided people.

Edit:

please refrain from flaming and calling people "bads"
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2010-12-17 at 06:41 PM.

Chaos Orbs

Quote Originally Posted by beingmused View Post
    The only way they could improve the situation would be to remove the ability to need on the orbs if you don't have a profession that can make use of them.
    what would be even better is to make it so that only the ones with high enough crafting can need on them

10+ Year Old Account
    I've gotten a couple off of greed lol. I will eventually need them for engineering helm, but I haven't been dumping the gold into it yet, 495 I think.

I was a little sad when I had to spend 2.5k on my epic shield to pay for the craft+orb. But hey, to the person who spent tons of gold getting up to 520 BS quick goes the spoiles.

People needing on em while they can't use them screw themselves over.
    Since people will go with guild groups and not pug's anymore, and their que will only get bigger.

So next time some1 steals one just laugh at them for adding an extra minute to their que.