Castrandom/Userandom

This shit is broken eh? I've tried both commands for a random mount macro and it seems to get "stuck" and cast the same thing over and over.

Any fix or another way to make a random mount macro?
    Last edited by lawomous; 2010-12-17 at 07:20 AM.

They removed cast random I'm pretty sure. You could try a cast sequence for a few of your favorite mounts?

are you doing it like /castrandom *insert mount here*, *insert mount here* cuz im pretty sure that how i had mine set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooya View Post
    They removed cast random I'm pretty sure. You could try a cast sequence for a few of your favorite mounts?
    Castrandom works for a little while then it will start casting the same mount over and over. Userandom does the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapoor View Post
    are you doing it like /castrandom *insert mount here*, *insert mount here* cuz im pretty sure that how i had mine set up.
    Yes

try this
    /castrandom [nomounted]Swift Zulian Tiger,Raven Lord
    /dismount
    /script VehicleExit()

but put the mounts you want in. i just tried it and it worked for me

Deleted
    Tried Gogomount?

When installed, you just bind a key. Hit they key and you will use a random mount. Not the 60% ofc. And it uses flyingmount whenever. And the AQ mounts in AQ I think. Also support for shamans and Druid (like, if you are running and hit your Gogomount keybind you will cast travelform).

Not sure if it's working anymoore, I haven't updated it since my Mac don't like curse

Deleted
    Castrandom only re-selects the spell to cast when the previous one casts successfully.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    Not the 60% ofc.
    just a quick note:
    if u have learned 100% mount speed, every mount (ground) have 100%.

Deleted
    just a quick note:
    if u have learned 100% mount speed, every mount (ground) have 100%.
    Thanks for pointing that out, didn't notice

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Castrandom only re-selects the spell to cast when the previous one casts successfully.
    It seems to be broken because I have sat there for quite awhile hitting my macro over and over, letting it finish casting, and it picks the same mount over and fucking over.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Did you ever think that maybe, just maybe, the random number generator keeps tossing out the same number? If you only have 4-5 mounts in a macro, then there's a fair chance that it'll pick the same mount that you just used.

The chances do go down of getting the same mount repeatedly with each successive cast - but there's always a 20% (assuming 5 mounts) chance that you'll end up with the mount you just had.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd also like to bump GupPet here. It works the same way as GoGoMount but allows you to select which specific mounts you want to use. Also includes a companion feature.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...56-GupPet.html
    Ghostcrawler - "Dear OP, Bye. Hugs, GC."
    Hunter S. Thompson - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
    Lore - "There's a time and place for serious face. There's a time and place for ... other face."
    Scrapbot - "Dear frogi, You have received an infraction at MMO-Champion." Banned on Christmas Day 2010.

Try using the macro say 20 times and then tell us if it really is using the same mount each and every time, or just occasionally the same mount twice in a row.
    If it is the same one every time then the macro is likely to blame.
    If it is the latter then that is intended, being random each time and random meaning the same can happen occasionally two or more times in a row.