Thread: Regen trinkets

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    You're comparing a blue trinket with two 359 intellect trinkets. Shame on you. Nah, the Tear of Blood is probably the best trinket you can get from 5 man content, very solid regen from it. But, being that it's from 5 man content, it's highly replacable.

I personally wouldn't grab Core of Ripeness as Discipline, the Alchemy trinket is really good when you're popping potions (hint, on the hard encounters, you should be). As Holy, I'd actually drop Tyrande's Favorite Doll for Core of Ripeness, as the Spirit is worth more than the flat value is.

But not as Discipline.
    Thanks for the heads up...I didn't want to get into the Gear Score > ALL mindset that a lot players get into and throw a piece of gear out just because it is blue and not purple. I am going to stay with what I have for right now and feel pretty good about my choices. Thanks for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrzer View Post
    Thanks for the heads up...I didn't want to get into the Gear Score > ALL mindset that a lot players get into and throw a piece of gear out just because it is blue and not purple. I am going to stay with what I have for right now and feel pretty good about my choices. Thanks for the advice!
    Well with the exception of the Jar of I Can't Manage My Mana, higher item level trinkets also have higher yielding intellect gains, which is something not to be taken lightly.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Holy Priest Trinkets

Hello,

I am a Holy Priest working on the last few hardmodes. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some input into which trinkets I should be using out of the ones I have. The three I have are: Jar of Ancient Remedies (Heroic), Darkmoon Card: Tsunami, and Fall of Mortality (Normal). Currently for Holy I have been running Jar and Darkmoon Card. What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance!

Drop the Jar.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've heard that Jar provides so good MP5 that it is better than the other trinkets (was calculated by someone at EJ). The more mana you have, the more expensive healing spells you can cast and the more healing you can do.

Yes, but the problem I have with Jar is you lose out on throughput due to no Int.

Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    Yes, but the problem I have with Jar is you lose out on throughput due to no Int.
    Intellect is also a viable source of regen, so realistically, you're giving up 337 intellect (Kings, even more when you're Discipline) for a bit more Spirit.

If you want more spirit you can reforge. Drop the Jar.

Deleted
    Id keep the jar as holy, the heroic version gives almost 350 more mp5 compared to a 359 int trinket (doll/fom/core), then it's down to 350sp or 350mp5, which do u prefer? As for disc jar sucks and should be replaced.

Remember that mana acts as buffer, so when things don't go perfect you can play less conservative with mana. Also it depends on what you're raiding, 25m seems to be less mana intensive(?) and more heal intensive.

Also why do u have suboptimal enchants on bis gear?
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-03-31 at 10:14 PM.

Because my guild only gives maelstroms for weapons as of right now, and I don't feel like dropping 2k for 50int...

Deleted
    Kele, please stop hating on the Jar!

The Jar and Shard of woe are my wishlist trinkets and I don't see that changing. I do switch the Jar for my normal FOM on certain fights where mana is less of an issue and ofc whenever I'm disc but that's a given I guess :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    Kele, please stop hating on the Jar!
    I will, when it stop being a piece of trash.

And when heroic jar stops being bugged, I can see that jumping down off people's wishlists as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    Not saying you're doing it wrong, but my understanding is that stacking regen indirectly increases your throughput by allowing you to use your more expensive spells. For this reason, I'll probably be using double regen trinkets, and picking up regen wherever possible
    This is the case for normal raiding sure, but for heroics i've actually found mana to be a non-issue. Basically you have to think of it like: if you survive a healing intensive fight with mana in your bars, then you weren't healing to 100% of your capacity. Usually the shamans and druids in my raid are very good with mana cooldowns so really when i started raiding with them i found most of the time that my mana wasn't below 60% but my heals were behind. I have actually ended up using double int trinkets for more consistent throughput. I also reforged spirit on some of my gear to mastery. The next raid the difference was very noticeable and most fights I went below 30% mana quite a few tmes. On Chogall hc I actually bottomed out once 10 seconds before the kill came, but that's a brutal healing encounter, some mental ramp up for sure.

In heroic raiding you need the throughput. Normals are just easy, like you don't even have to heal that much just so long as you have mana. Heroic raiding is a completely different ballpark. If you don't have the throughput to sustain people > the damage incoming (especially on chogall) then you lose from the start of the fight. Mana isn't much of an issue, I mean, if you have enough throughput then indirectly it's taking less mana to heal because you heal for more.

If you find you aren't going oom often then go for more throughput, and see how it goes for you.

EDIT: Jar of ancient remedies is horrid, completely agree.
    Last edited by mmocf0269cb9af; 2011-04-01 at 12:05 AM.

Deleted
    I'm using alchemist stone and Doll as disc, seems to work for me. Over 800 intellect from 2 trinkets is pretty hard to pass up.

Trinkets

Currently sitting with the intellect vibrant alchemist stone with some haste reforged to mastery, and heroic tear of blood.

My question is, I'm looking frequently to upgrade both of these pieces. Which two trinkets that I could upgrade these two with.

I'm looking at darkmoon card tsunami, and the valor intellect trinket first. Is this a good goal?

Thanks again for your help mmo priest forum =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazarann View Post
    Currently sitting with the intellect vibrant alchemist stone with some haste reforged to mastery, and heroic tear of blood.

My question is, I'm looking frequently to upgrade both of these pieces. Which two trinkets that I could upgrade these two with.

I'm looking at darkmoon card tsunami, and the valor intellect trinket first. Is this a good goal?

Thanks again for your help mmo priest forum =)
    Tsunami is actually BiS for normal modes. It's regen is awesome and super reliable. Your goal is the right one completely, I personally would change the Heroic tear of blood first as its "on crit" isn't very reliable. As for the alchemists trinket... it's amazing for throughput, so rather than just replacing it, keep it in reserve for the easier fights where you know mana isn't going to be an issue just to make it flow more.

Core of Ripeness + Tsunami is pretty sweet, from what I hear the alch trinket is only better (for regen) if you use mana potions a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Alchemist Stone + Tsunami (or Tyrande's Doll if you can get it).

If you find you need more regen for a particular fight, then throw something else on over the Alchemist Stone, otherwise it's pretty OP with a 40int gem in it. Might want to keep the full Haste of it also for Holy (if Disc keep the reforge).

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/