Deleted

Reforging / Gemming for Feral Tanks

I'm at the moment finishingto gear up at ~246+ ilvl and I might start reforging and gemming just for tanking with my guildies (I have already tanked the easy Argaloth and no probs).

So my main question is (after looking for the answer in so many places and still having the doubt):

Which "avoidance" is better to stack up? I mean... Mastery vs Dodge, what to do with it?

(a silly point I though about is that now that we share almost all the gear qith kitty, I could have cat offspec just switching trinkets, but if I reforge/gem with Dodge, it will become non-cat gear, whereas if I use Mastery It will be viable).

Thx

15+ Year Old Account
    well EJ says dodge is better, and well they are the pro's :P
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    Yes, but on the Bear Guide on these forums it says Mastery so... :/

Deleted
    Check the top druid profiles on Armory, see for yourself. Dodge is better, because mastery stacks so slow when reforged.

Dodge, supposedly. Many people will say stack stamina, also, but I'm not so sure the WOTLK mentality applies here. It certainly doesn't in 5-man heroics. Not sure about raids as I have not tanked any.

Deleted
    From 330 to 350 you can be certain that reforging Dodge is very solid. Hit / Expertise should not be ignored, so reforge Haste whenever you can, then mastery and crit.

Bear in mind (hihi) that Mastery partial points do not count. In other words, 14.87% is the same as 14.01%.

Bear in mind (hihi) that Mastery partial points do not count. In other words, 14.87% is the same as 14.01%.
    That's a lie, you can clearly read in the tooltip that it changes based on tenths and hundredths of a point. Even for classes like Survival hunter where the tooltip doesn't change, they are still getting the benefit from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    well EJ says dodge is better, and well they are the pro's :P
    I lol at this statement ^ EJ is good since when lol boomkins gem spirit in Wrath yaaa EJ is pro

---------- Post added 2010-12-17 at 03:57 PM ----------

What I have been doing as far as reforging is:
    If there is haste on the gear make it into Mastery If there is mastery on the gear and haste make haste into crit
    Mastery>Crit>Dodge>Hit>Exp>Haste

---------- Post added 2010-12-17 at 03:57 PM ----------

And why I put crit/dodge/mastery above them is beacuse bear threat is not a problem if your playing it right only person to get close to me is a 14-15k dps mage (which is you tell me lol thats low) You got problems due to Conclave top dps in the world was like 16-17k

Deleted
    Thanks to everybody for the answers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawtrocity View Post
    That's a lie, you can clearly read in the tooltip that it changes based on tenths and hundredths of a point. Even for classes like Survival hunter where the tooltip doesn't change, they are still getting the benefit from it.
    My bad if it is. I can point to the source of my error, though: Naive's feral guide for 4.0. If this has changed, I wasn't aware of it. In which case thanks for pointing it out.

Quote Originally Posted by edanna View Post
    What I have been doing as far as reforging is:
    If there is haste on the gear make it into Mastery If there is mastery on the gear and haste make haste into crit
    Mastery>Crit>Dodge>Hit>Exp>Haste
    Using only the stats in your post, your prioritised list should actually look like this:

Dodge>Mastery>Crit>Expertise>Hit>Haste

And as per the OP's question, dodge is valued twice as highly as mastery at both heroic dungeon level and raid. Weaker stats, as per the above, should be reforged to dodge!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edanna View Post
    I lol at this statement ^ EJ is good since when lol boomkins gem spirit in Wrath yaaa EJ is pro
    if this is after the changes to talents, i dont see anything wrong with boomys gemming spirit if they're not hit capped.

Quote Originally Posted by trollaltdel View Post
    if this is after the changes to talents, i dont see anything wrong with boomys gemming spirit if they're not hit capped.
    No during like 3.3 during Ulduar and ICC I looked on them for a few things and told Druid boomkins to gem spirit and tanks to gem agi/dodge and feral kitties to gem agi even when not armor P caped

---------- Post added 2010-12-17 at 06:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mauroa View Post
    Using only the stats in your post, your prioritised list should actually look like this:

Dodge>Mastery>Crit>Expertise>Hit>Haste

And as per the OP's question, dodge is valued twice as highly as mastery at both heroic dungeon level and raid. Weaker stats, as per the above, should be reforged to dodge!
    Dodge is not better than Mastery but in the same sense it depends on how much dodge it is. Mastery=Bigger Absorbs On a boss fight with a HOLLY PALLY I am doing around 28% of the healing as a tank. The absorbs are amazing and Mastery=more absorbs crit=more absorbs exp/hit=more threat which you shouldnt need unless you dont know your rotation Haste=Just a terrible Feral tank stat Dodge is good but should not be reforged for.