Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    ROTH UI is the best one i've found, give it a try its amazing
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Deleted
    If you are fine with the setup you currently have with XPerl, you usually can stick with it.

The reason most users switch to PB4 (or similar) sooner or later is the advanced configuration. You can, for example, exactly setup what each text shows, how large each bar is, what color, what texture, how transparent, you can make it change transparency based on various things (target health, etc), the exact control over which buffs are shown and how, as well as the ability to toggle off certain displays that are unneeded to avoid information overload.

Quote Originally Posted by frejborg View Post
    Thanks for the reply, but can you give specific reasons that give the listed addons improvement for visual configuration options over XPerl? They also have to function similarly. XPerl just shows so much data, I couldn't live without it.
    If you're looking for replacement unitframes-

Pitbull4 is rediculous with the amount of configuration you can do, with Pitbull4 and kgPanels, you can create almost any unitframe look you please.
    ShadowedUF is similar to X-Perl in its configuration options in my experience.
    oUF isn't actually a unitframe addon, it is actually a framework and core you can use to create layouts using lua configurations giving it by far the most configuration options, but it requires decent knowledge of lua or the willingness to learn.

IceHUD is still being updated.

Bartender is an actionbars addon like Dominos, I'm not sure of their differences, but I've used Bartender for ages and love it's simple yet powerful configuration options.

Recount is still popular, but if you're looking for something a bit lighter on memory or cpu usage, look at Skada or TinyDPS.

OmniCC still works and I don't know of many addons that mimic its function outside of lua-only ones made for personal use.

For Scrolling Combat Text, I use laFont (which simply changes the font) and the combat text script from !FreeUI, though Mik's Scrolling Battle Text is still working and I believe can be configured even moreso now.
    Last edited by Arborus; 2010-12-17 at 08:56 PM.

shadowed unitframes <33 was a real relief when i switched to that from x-perl

XPerl is not showing anything that most others cannot show with time spent configuring them.
    It just comes down to preferance and willingness to fiddle with the addons.
    And in addition to the suggestions by Treeston, Stuf as a unitframe replacement.
    Shadowed Unitframes is likely one of the more userfriendly choices, perhaps being a stepping stone to something more advanced should you then require it.
    Though Dominos/Bartender are similar enough that you should have little need to replace it unless you have very specific needs.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Dominos and Bartender are, for all intents and purposes, identical addons. They do largely the same thing in largely similar manners. The only real difference between the two is in configuration and setup.

Deleted
    Shadowed uf and dominos is what i use.

I use SUF and Bartender. SUF is way more easier to use and customize than Pitbull 4 IMO. I've tried pitbull multiple times in the past and there are just way too many options and things you have to go through to setup your UI. I found it too overwhelming and time consuming. In the past I used AG unit frames but they became to buggy after updates were stopped.

Deleted
    I am back to xperl after usinf suf, stuf, pitbull, aquf after an long time. It is very easy to configure and gives me one option that I probably could setup with others but not in the way I like it, the frame with the players assisting/healing me atm. couldnt really flame the dps without it^^ if they are not on my target.

I prefer customization over ease, as I actually enjoy setting up my UI to tell me exactly what I want to know the way that I want it to be told.

UnitFrames: I've only tried X-Perl, PitBull, and (for raid frames) Grid. X-Perl was decent, but felt clunky. My favorite feature was the display of how many units were targeting another unit. PitBull is great with the use of DogTags and I love the Layouts + Frames separation. I wish it was designed in a more hierarchical style so that I could keep common texts between different layouts without changing them all. Grid is.. meh. I don't feel like it tells me enough info. I like to know things like race and gender at a glance, and grid also doesn't have the user roles in it.

I am interested in trying out StUF though. Is it really as customizable as PitBull?

Action Bars: I've tried Bartender, Dominos, and Macaroon. Bartender is easy to set up and is very stable. I don't think it had the ability to have hidden bars, though, but I liked it's possess/vehicle set up. Dominos is basically Bartender with the ability to snap bars together in a layout. Macaroon is my favorite. It is the most customizable, allows a seemingly infinite amount of macros, and has the ability to be as simple as Bartender or much more complex. It's built-in states are buggy, but if you can write macros, you don't need to use the state aside from possess/vehicle bar handling (which is also a bit buggy, but only after making a lot of changes).

With macaroon, I have hidden bars, gridded bars, a bar with only one button, a bar with only 2 buttons, non-clickable bars to avoid mistakes, and a replacement menu bar. I even have a mini gridded version of my pet bar next to my pet's PitBull unit frame.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koviko View Post
    Bartender is easy to set up and is very stable. I don't think it had the ability to have hidden bars, though, but I liked it's possess/vehicle set up.
    Not sure what version you used, but Bartender4 does hidden and disabled bars, bars with only 1 or 2 buttons, click-through buttons, buttons that fade in combat, bars that had different alpha, bar snapping and all sorts of wonderful stuff!

Maybe because it felt simplistic, I deemed it simplistic and didn't look any deeper. Either way, as a programmer, I love the ability to build macros without using any of Blizzard's macro space with Macaroon.

Quote Originally Posted by koviko View Post
    UnitFrames: I wish it was designed in a more hierarchical style so that I could keep common texts between different layouts without changing them all.
    You can. Go to layout Editor then type in a new layout, "Player" for example. Then go to units, choose Player, then under layout choose "Player". Now, any changes you make will apply to your unit frame only, or, whichever frame you associate with the "Player" layout. You can customize each layout, and associate it with whichever unit frame you want. Just look for the layout identifier in every customization pane (after you create a new layout of course.)
    Last edited by duoh; 2011-01-11 at 01:12 AM.

As a long time Xperl user, I can vouch for its simplicity. For someone new to designing interfaces, its a solid choice. Recently though, I decided it was just too bulky for my tastes and decided to switch to Shadowed Unit Frames. Absolutely amazing! Took me an entire day to fit it just the way I wanted it, but that's party because I can get OCD about the smallest pixel variation. SuF has all the same features as Xperl, and then some. I've even configured it to mimic xperl's layout (minus the rounded corners and large fonts).

As per bar mods, I recommend Bartender all the way.

Deleted
    Yeah, Xperl!

If you want purely the most customizable unit frames you should grab ouf, you are limited only by your knowledge of lua and the wowapi pretty much. If you want the most customizability though a built in menu id go with stuf because you can still use lua in your tags...i think you can in pitbull too, but I've been using ouf for so long I can't really remember.

I tried Xperl around the time of the 3.1 Ulduar Patch, I hated it and went back to standard unit frames. I started using Shadowed Unit Frames in Patch 3.3 and haven't stopped using it since. I use Bartender 4 for my bars and Satrina Buff Frames for buffs/debuffs.
    May the raging winds destroy my foes, and let its soothing breeze ease the pain of my friends!

My Main: Ranko US-Garithos[A]