Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by candyass View Post
    every tree for a rogue is based around dps. every tree for a mage is based around dps. even War's more or less have tanking/damage trees only. you might have a point about Priests/Shamans but i didn't bring them up in the pure examples i made, especially since blizzard gave all healers damage a while back.

thing is resto druids can shift to bear and soak damage, don't tell me they have to spec for tanking to do that. ferals can lay hots on themselves, they don't have to spec resto to do that. they might not be able to do it as efficiently as if they are specc'd for it, but they can still be a jack of all trades in WAY more areas than most other pure specialized classes can, which is why they should never be able to out dps the pure's. it just doesn't make sense to give a class that can do a little bit of everything top dps over classes that are supposed to be specialized in dps, and thats basically what all of their trees are centered around.

blizzard does a lot of stuff that isn't really even(look at racials) so common sense doesn't really apply to their game design so much, but looking at it from a reasonable and fair/balanced standpoint, ferals should never be outdamaging pure dps classes, ever.

just to add free movement in WoW PvP is probably the most important factor to it.
    People who make posts like this always gloss over the fact that pure dps classes have defensive abilities or self-heals as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bblubbs View Post
    People who make posts like this always gloss over the fact that pure dps classes have defensive abilities or self-heals as well.
    you mean limited defensive outs on cd's, and what self heals other than bandages or procs?

like blizzard has constantly stated, its difficult to balance druids from getting op'd because of their base class design that are givens. which is why they constantly have been with at least one of their specs...

15+ Year Old Account
    you mean limited defensive outs on cd's, and what self heals other than bandages or procs?

like blizzard has constantly stated, its difficult to balance druids from getting op'd because of their base class design that are givens. which is why they constantly have been with at least one of their specs...
    I completely agree with candyass on all of his points in this thread. Druid has been and probably always will be the most effective and overpowered class in PVP in WoW. There really just isn't anything we can do about it as like Blizzard said the base design concept for the class is flawed to begin with.
    For the Worgen! Furries of WoW unite!

Quote Originally Posted by Tayfow View Post
    What's the point of playing an easy game? When did this huge subset of people come to video games, wanting not a challenge, but some kind of interactive facebook type thing with spells?

I don't understand the constant debate and QQ about how much damage any Druid deals and why it should be less than another class. How well you perform is universally up to you, the player. How good are you? Who would make a Druid in the first place if they couldn't ever do a Warrior/Rogue's DPS or heal as well as a Priest or Paladin? Your numbers are solely based on yourself, stop complaining about how "Durids shud nevr be as gud as wareeor or rogzz cause dey can tank heal and dps as melee or ranged"

---------- Post added 2010-12-17 at 10:14 PM ----------

A side note, most pure classes are those dealing the most fluid and substantial amounts of damage in all regards. World of Logs Feral cats, how often are the among the highest DPS/Damage? Very rarely. When do we see Mages/Rogues/Warlocks/etc? Almost, well, all the time!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    I'm very happy with the feral right now. However I'm very, very confused about the fact that when I was 80, I managed to scratch 10k to heroic dummy. But now, when I'm topped on with the cata greenies/blues I made around 7k last night to the basic lvl 85 boss.

I'm fine with my damage tho, not a problem. This is just very confusing to me for some reason... "Level up, get tons of more stats but less dps", it doesn't make sense to me at all
    welcome to world of combat ratings. Feral dps relies really heavy on crit and haste - we get double ammount of combo points and we use more combo points abilities. With 70%+ crit you will do much more damage than with 25%.

Feral is terrible healer - hots tick for like 2k, so most of the time instead of trying to heal you will be better just finishing your target faster.
    Last edited by mmoc3df59a8bcc; 2010-12-18 at 12:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, Feral is ultra balance and awesome right now. Also can someone link a legit Feral DPS talent tree?
    Fûrbs - Troll Druid - Area 52
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%aee/advanced
    Starcaller

most of teams where ferals are is feral + rouge well none can survive that , 1 target sap if comes out blind meanwhile dru stuns inerupts nuke with rouge other target . in wotlik ferals were useless in arenas but now its just crazy

I'm really trying to understand this thread. They fix ONE ability from getting a double bonus and go from OP to fine-tuned? And yea, they need to fix this issue with batform.

i love my feral druid! i give highest praise to the balance of this spec

Deleted
    No, trust me, without the double dipping from mastery I still struggle to keep a feral:

1) Away from me
    2) In a freeze long enough for them to even be affected from my ice lance crit, by the time icelance leaves my hands, they're already running towards me.
    3)Both of the above

I know you're probably going to be thinking, OMG FORST MAEG MOANIN LOL, but out of 11 matches in 2's with ferals in, we won 1.

you say your class is in a good position, when you can walk around Bg's and destroy everything in site. Target sum1 smack it, dot it up with ur bleeds, move to next target as ur first one dies in the background, u get focused by people u pop bear form, all cd's and jump away whilst regenning all ur health and taking half damage.

if you reckon ur class is in a good place, wen there isnt a class in game who can get close to killing you, your obviously not in the right place and wil be nerfed sumtime soon, even feral druids in my guild say this.
    Your bleeds do ridiculous damage, you hav the interupts, stuns, cyclones, massive healing, ability to get out of every snare thrown your way, the list goes on. be ready for a nerf, coz its just insane at the moment, fun playing my alt Cat IDD, but its way overboard.

not sure if serious.

maybe if in the right place = utterly destroying other classes
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

Quote Originally Posted by Shanur View Post
    which wastes warlocks limited resource: mana. And not every lock is Affliction, not every lock has UA
    Are you joking? Warlocks with mana problems?

Energy is the resource. For example You need 4 more energy to do a Skull Bash to a warlock who's casting a Chaos Bolt on You which will kill you.
    A Warlock or any other mana-user won't have the problem unless he's too stupid and gets oom too fast.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    I'm really trying to understand this thread. They fix ONE ability from getting a double bonus and go from OP to fine-tuned? And yea, they need to fix this issue with batform.
    In general, with the arrival and changes being made in Cataclysm. Feral has come out of the gorund to actually being good. Being good referring to it's balance and how Feral players play their toon to succeed.

---------- Post added 2010-12-18 at 10:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DotDotDot View Post
    you say your class is in a good position, when you can walk around Bg's and destroy everything in site. Target sum1 smack it, dot it up with ur bleeds, move to next target as ur first one dies in the background, u get focused by people u pop bear form, all cd's and jump away whilst regenning all ur health and taking half damage.

if you reckon ur class is in a good place, wen there isnt a class in game who can get close to killing you, your obviously not in the right place and wil be nerfed sumtime soon, even feral druids in my guild say this.
    Your bleeds do ridiculous damage, you hav the interupts, stuns, cyclones, massive healing, ability to get out of every snare thrown your way, the list goes on. be ready for a nerf, coz its just insane at the moment, fun playing my alt Cat IDD, but its way overboard.
    As if any feral literally waltz's around any BG killing everything in sight. You speak as if we don't take damage, don't get feared, slowed, or well, nothing happens to us at all! We're just walking around picking targets to kill with no consequence or even engaging in real combat.

Is my class in a good place? Yeah, finally. Bleeds are ridiculous, are they? When 5cp + Rake we can dish out equal instant cast or 1-2 sec cast DOTs any Lock or Spriest can apply, but hey, we have to catch our target somehow and stay within range to make this work. You say there's no class in game that can get close to killing us? Ever see a Mage? ever see those 20k Ice Lances wrecking the fields? Oh, well. If you haven't your loss. In your eyes you see Feral as untouchable in all aspects. Everything we do has no cost, it's instant, we attak it's a free kill, we can't be touched by anything, we can heal to full whenever we want, and just win 24/7? Nahh, this definitely hasn't been the case.

Do I think we'll be nerfed? Yes. Why? So, so, so, so much QQ over: Aw, Bleeds to damage, undispellable? Aw, stunned? Aw, can heal? Aw, has a CC? Aw, now has an interrupt? No waiii! Aw, can shapeshift out of snares? Aw, now made optimal for PvP?

---------- Post added 2010-12-18 at 10:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Linitund View Post
    No, trust me, without the double dipping from mastery I still struggle to keep a feral:

1) Away from me
    2) In a freeze long enough for them to even be affected from my ice lance crit, by the time icelance leaves my hands, they're already running towards me.
    3)Both of the above

I know you're probably going to be thinking, OMG FORST MAEG MOANIN LOL, but out of 11 matches in 2's with ferals in, we won 1.
    Oh, really? Regularly, I've found it hard keeping tail on Frost Mages; with as much maneuverability as us I can't always make certain that I can avoid maximum damage and hope to kill my target. 7:3 the time, I'll lose to a Frost Mage or give up and switch targets.

I think they're still a little bit on the powerful side, but at it's they're not OP, OP.
    1. Search feature never works for me 2. No, there isn't a thread answering exactly what I'm asking for

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRising View Post
    I think they're still a little bit on the powerful side, but at it's they're not OP, OP.
    A point I've been trying to make is that balance (not the spec) is power. The better balanced a class is, the better it can be played, as is Feral. However, a lot of the current classes are still seeking fixes and buffs to their torn down abilities. When said class can reach a level of balance as feral has and another class feels overwhelmed by it, they will again cry "OP" and this will never end. Well, it never ends anyways! There is always room for QQ! Basically, just keep in mind and ponder over this to anyone aiming to shoot this down; balance is power, not the spec, no one likes chickies! =P

(Keep in mind, right now, Cat's, imo, have the widest door to ascertaining a higher Critical %, with so much Agility and not to mention Leader of the Pack and Master Shapeshifter at their disposal we'll generally be seeing more crits. Until later on in the expansion it is more difficult for other classes when not reforging to Crit)
    Last edited by Monmonmon; 2010-12-18 at 11:22 AM.

I heavily disagree. I mean, it could be that I'm an Enhancement Shaman, but once I get them to half health they go bear form and I can't dink them worthy anything.

Edit: Also, they're bleeds still do more damage than they should and hit for way too hard. One took me down from 50% to dead in 3ish seconds.

Edit: Not to mention when I get one below 30% I get rooted and even if I get a FrS or a FB slow proc on him he'll just form change to get out of the effect then use his sprint ability and stealth away. This happens too much.
    Last edited by BlueRising; 2010-12-18 at 03:13 PM.
    1. Search feature never works for me 2. No, there isn't a thread answering exactly what I'm asking for

10+ Year Old Account
    No longer OP but still destroying every player I touch. mmmmmmmmmm
    [R] [80:Lingzhichen:2]: why is never peeple who are smart of the fighting
    [R] [80:Lingzhichen:2]: every time raiding
    [R] [80:Lingzhichen:2]: people are wheels on chair

(( Manapaws ))