Stupid gnome winter's veil achievment as a feral

So basically i'm going to dedicate this little section of the forum to how blizzard often don't think things through. This is the first year i've bothered playing through november/december in 5 years, so have been blissfully unaware of this achievment since it's introduction. It is however a ridiculous inclusion into the game for a feral, or even a boomkin. Blizzard have basically made it so if you have any form of mandatory shapeshifting, you become utterly useless in a battleground until you reach 50 HKs, which, unless AV pops is pretty difficult to achiev, since a little green gnome standing around spamming utterly shite heals and entangle roots is an easy target, and you have no way of reapplying the buff while in the bg you become a useless tool for your team. I wish blizzard would allow shapeshifting mechanics to overide the default forms, like the DBW trinket, so i can actually do this quest without leeching from a bg, effectively being afk, or actually use my faded wizard's hat i worked so hard for :<

Deleted
    Dual spec? 50 Hk's is not much +

15+ Year Old Account
    4th year I will say this (as a druid) go with the large grp in AV, stay whatever spec you want, toss some rejuvs around BUT STAY TO THE BACK, and you will get the 50k in no time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wintergrasp cannons worked just fine. Tol Barad might - haven't been there yet.

This is nothing compared to the Children's week School of hard knocks.

So quit your whining.

Cannons in Strand are good.

Join Tol Barad, i just went around using nourish on people and mesed around with Wild Mushrooms, i got the 50 kills in no time

Quote Originally Posted by Ely View Post
    Exactly, DS is like 100g now or something silly like that? Not a huge price to pay for the sake of your 50HKs

Off Topic: Ely, you dont play on trollbane do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiglo View Post
    How did you manage to tame a Troll as a Seagull?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGuardian View Post
    Exactly, DS is like 100g now or something silly like that? Not a huge price to pay for the sake of your 50HKs
    10g actually, and available from level 30 on
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud View Post
    10g actually, and available from level 30 on
    So much nerf =[
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiglo View Post
    How did you manage to tame a Troll as a Seagull?

Quote Originally Posted by Ely View Post
    i'm dual specced feral/feral, my point is we shouldnt have to respec just to be useful in a bg to do an achievment

Quote Originally Posted by KungenTCG View Post
    This is nothing compared to the Children's week School of hard knocks.

So quit your whining.
    School of Hard Knocks doesn't shut down a whole spec.

When my DK friend and I were doing this, we went world pvp'ing for like 15 minutes, got 5 kills, so we decided to do an AV, see how that went.

Basically, the achievement pops in about 5 minutes if you just hang around with the group zerging everything in sight. You don't need to do the kills, just sort of be near, throw a long range spell/attack here and there, contribute a little bit.

Shapeshifting isn't mandatory... if it was mandatory, you wouldn't be able to shift out after you specced. Just throw some laserbeams for a few minutes in av as a gnome and quit whining, it's really not that big of a deal. Or like someone else, said, get in a cannon... or do you not wanna do that because you can't be a cat in a cannon too?

Quote Originally Posted by Damrak View Post
    Shapeshifting isn't mandatory... if it was mandatory, you wouldn't be able to shift out after you specced. Just throw some laserbeams for a few minutes in av as a gnome and quit whining, it's really not that big of a deal. Or like someone else, said, get in a cannon... or do you not wanna do that because you can't be a cat in a cannon too?
    Shapeshifting is mandatory to
    A) Survive (preadator instincts procs/SD procs/more healing while in catform)
    B) Kill
    C) Movement speed
    D) Functionality (stealth, charge, interrupts, stuns)
    E) Wintergrasp never has more than 1-2 people in and i never get the invite
    Also:
    F) Throwing lazorbeams every so often does nothing except drain your mana, 100 initial hit and tick for 70, good stuff
    G) No other spec has to become either useless, substanderd or require a respec in the game to complete this trivial achievment, why should feral have to do it when the technology exists to allow it?
    H) I'm fairly sure you're just being a hostile ass cause you haven't actually experienced anything i highlighted

10+ Year Old Account
    They could fix this by just not taking away the buff when in form. Sure, we wouldn't be a gnome, but we would still get the credit for being one. What I did was just sit back and let other people do the work. Should we have to do this? No. Is this the easiest way to get the achievement? Yes.