Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Cata dungeons starting to feel like WotLK

After some friends of mine and I were farming Glory of the Cataclysm Hero dungeon achievements, we came to the conclusion that although some encounters are tough, the overall difficulty of the instances are not too challenging. In fact, we were chain pulling with no CC boss to boss in most dungeons we did on heroic. Albeit we are ilvl 345+, I feel it is too early for instance difficulty is severely declining to what it was in WotLK.

Anyone else feel this way?

15+ Year Old Account
    No, and unless you're doing Vortex Pinnacle on heroic constantly, I doubt you're chain pulling without CC.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    No, and unless you're doing Vortex Pinnacle on heroic constantly, I doubt you're chain pulling without CC.
    Blackrock Caverns is becoming very easy. Halls of Origination, LCoT is also somewhat easy for us. Maybe its the group composition but from what we've done, there aren't too many challenging pulls anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of endless polar bear mounts, Iceland
    Well, of course the dungeons aren't suppost to be difficult once your avarage item level is 345+.

But no, they are still no where close to being as much faceroll as the WotlK dungeons. You still can't ignore the boss mechanics and brute force win all fights like in WotlK.
    PvP or GTFO.

why do i have alot of trouble clearing heroics while others just faesroll through it again :X

and no, for me cata is alot harder than WotLK was.

Deleted
    Thread fails on every level, can I smell something?

Deleted
    wtf did you expect?

ITS A HEROIC 5 MAN. you can chain run them for gear, if you could do that with raids you'd outgear a raid in a few days too.

FFS, I really dont know what some people expect.

And I dont believe you are chain pulling with no CC. Yes you may be running them smoother, but you know, maybe people are learning pulls, know who to cc, know which packs to pull first, know boss tactics.......maybe all that is making runs smoother... just you know, a thought.

why would you even say this...this feels NOTHING like WOTLK, especially as healer

Actually, we already are just AoEing (or rather multidoting/cleaving) everything down. I have that freaking pala tank who just won't let anything CC'd for more then 2 sec. But as long as it workes...

Yeah, it's probably a bit harder then Wrath, but the difference between questblues and 5man heroic gear already is enormous. Give it another tier and everyone will start facerolling the content again
    Last edited by lancore89; 2010-12-17 at 12:19 PM.
    This was what I thought about Locktanking before Scumbag Greg took it away

Envý - Kult der Schattenflamme

It's called progression. If you're all in 345+ gear you've already "beaten" the Heroic dungeon content, it's not supposed to be challenging any more. Now go raiding and I bet you'll find some more challenges!

i can believe ur ilvl but i know ur full of sh1t when it comes to mass pulling*unless u mean normal dungeons...* to much dmg is going on where the tank is getting hit hard, or AOE dmg is to much, or both. not to mention "hah, there goes one of the adds that heal...o well keep going. o look! another healer! and another and another. cool 4 healers with lots of others adds.*clicks 1 button* POOF! they dead" yeaaa u are soo full of it, why u trying to make urself look cool dude lol, i heard better stories from my sister =/

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Once you have the gear (i.e., play for a week or two), then yeah, heroics aren't superbly challenging anymore. Sometimes CC helps, sometimes it's a waste of time. I can tell you that you'll be wanting to do a bit of CC on some of the trash in BoT, though, so you'll still have more to look forward to.
    Narfwak - Elemental Shaman
    <FH>
    Black Dragonflight-US

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rfwak/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by abpapollo View Post
    i can believe ur ilvl but i know ur full of sh1t when it comes to mass pulling*unless u mean normal dungeons...* to much dmg is going on where the tank is getting hit hard, or AOE dmg is to much, or both. not to mention "hah, there goes one of the adds that heal...o well keep going. o look! another healer! and another and another. cool 4 healers with lots of others adds.*clicks 1 button* POOF! they dead" yeaaa u are soo full of it, why u trying to make urself look cool dude lol, i heard better stories from my sister =/
    Actually, no. The only exception are trashgroups with healers, there we are just focusing them and then cleaving the rest. Can't say anything about pug's though, guess they have a harder time.
    This was what I thought about Locktanking before Scumbag Greg took it away

Envý - Kult der Schattenflamme

Quote Originally Posted by Narfwak View Post
    Once you have the gear (i.e., play for a week or two), then yeah, heroics aren't superbly challenging anymore. Sometimes CC helps, sometimes it's a waste of time. I can tell you that you'll be wanting to do a bit of CC on some of the trash in BoT, though, so you'll still have more to look forward to.
    On that note, I have seen better grammar from the special kids at my school.

However, I think it is totally plausible that they found the heroics getting easier. He mentioned it was him and a group of friends, likely they have some sort of VOIP program running and communication is key. I know personally when ever I random it is just total agony, but when I grab some friends everything works out much better. I mean, this could be based largely on skill but I like to think the rando's aren't too bad.

Haha, these threads are popping up in numbers now.
    Can't help but laugh with (With or at? Is anyone else laughing?) them. Maybe only because of the huge wave of people with zero foresight preaching that in Cata there would be absolutely no more aoe, heroics would be totally different, and "bads" couldn't faceroll the 5man content anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by denominator View Post
    On that note, I have seen better grammar from the special kids at my school.
    Did you accidentally quote the wrong person? Nothing majorly wrong in there...
    Plus, it's a forum, not a newspaper article.
    Last edited by Elathi; 2010-12-17 at 12:34 PM.

Sadly i still wipe on heroics then again i got no guild to go with and pugs are useless xD

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, stop QQ already. No matter how hard they make them, people will always check their tactics or know the mechanics with the time, and they will become easy. Even if it's the second time you enter there.... IT IS A GAME... what means it can NOT be dificult, is just a matter of time and dedication for fuck sake.

Right now they are in a very good difulty(as you mostly have a wipefest if you do them with brainless random people), just spend 10 hours less per day and you might find them fun.

If it's too hard you whinne because you can not do it, and if it's too easy you also moan, and i understand that, but now it's in a medium dificulty, wich you can consider HARD if you are playing with a greenie alt, as you might not have enough mana pool, mp5 and power to heal a tank, or you just will get 1 shotted as a tank. So now start using your brain dude.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elathi View Post
    Haha, these threads are popping up in numbers now.
    Can't help but laugh with (With or at? Is anyone else laughing?) them. Maybe only because of the huge wave of people with zero foresight preaching that in Cata there would be absolutely no more aoe, heroics would be totally different, and "bads" couldn't faceroll the 5man content anymore.
    And it isnt, so your point is? if your in the proper gear for it,you cannot just "aoe" your way through, with ilvl 345+ go to the raids and try to aoe your way through, it wont work, its called progression, always has happened, and always will

Deleted
    wtf is up with all these ppl whining about dificulty level being to easy in 5mans, after they've done the fights over and over, learned each encounter to its core and outgear it ?

What did u expect??? doing 5mans forever??

People have to complain about something.. it never ends.