346 with agi> 333 with str??

Ok I think I already know the answer but I got the weapon late last night and cant install the DKsim on my work comp. I was in H DM last night and a 346 agi weapon dropped now i already have a 346 str main hand but my offhand was still 333. No rogues or shammies so I took it. So is it worth giving up i think something like 120 str to gain the dps increase of the 346 weapon on my offhand??

PS I tried to look on the forums as well as EJ for this answer and couldnt find it so while it seems a cut and dry more weapon dps > stats just want some advise.

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    put it back.
    the "dps increase" vs the str loss is not worth the change. if you need the ilevel then keep it in your bag but put the str weapon back on
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

I think i know the one you're talking about, can't remember the name though. Anyway, the fact that its 2.7 speed should outweigh the 333 str if its 2.6

Right it is 2.7 speed and as such the top end is higher then my main hand which is a 346 2.6 speed. Again I will do some sims later but I figured I would poke around for info while work is slow.

What are the secondary stats on each of the weps?

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    secondary stats are meaningless in the cast of deciding if agility is >< str. the weapon has agility which means it doesn't have strength. the only benefit from agility is melee crit and even that is very minimal. str effects your parry (which in itself may seem meaningless but sometimes it can be beneficial in a pinch) AND your attack power which is the damage portion of every single offensive ability. if the weapon did an extra 300 more damage then it might be considered but i wouldn't use it even then.
    2.6 to 2.7 rule means nothing. the reason the weapon does more damage is because primary because it is slower and therefore to balance the damage it hits slightly harder.
    you can do the tests but don't count the weapon damage or any individual ability count the total dps as str affects this in whole where as agility will only affect melee critical strikes.
    if it comes up higher let us know so we can grab agility weapons instead.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE