Thread: high tier arena

high tier arena

background on myself:
    BC / wrath i have been 2300ish teams as holy. in wrath if you had a ridiculous warrior and played super fine point you could do okay in 2s. except when you met a priest/mage team then you would just take it in the butt like any respective arena player. in 3s all we had was beast cleave(which was slightly nerfed eventually). seemed all of the other healers could dominate. however in 5s holy paladins were a big deal.

but seeing how priest and druids just shit on pallys in 2s and 3s i decent i'd just go prot/ret for cata. looking at the cata changes i saw priest get the leap of faith move... confirmed that i should either ditch this class or just not play holy.

So i try playing ret in arena... pretty much... donkey shit fuck ass stupid. the only way we can sorta keep up on people is freedom, which is stupid unreliable versus good players who just spell steal/purge. We have that mini sprint but if we're being kited than that sprint does nothing. I haven't spent a huge time on ret yet but i am pretty sure we dont have a snare so we just have to rely on 1 min repentance or 40sec HoJ. And when we finally reach the player we can do 5-20k hit/crits on them. (as my mage buddy takes 50k dumps on people from ranged)

so to not be kited... warriors have their own HoJ -- throwdown. they have charge, intercept, heroic leap, and hamstring. DK's have grip / stuns/ silences/ snares. Pallys have -- bend over and grab ankles? am i forgetting abilities or something? we cant cleanse snares off of us anymore.

My last question would be in previous expansions holy pally has always been great at the start because we have a lot of damage reduction cooldowns when there is no resil it's a big deal... and then other healers always become far superior when everyone starts getting gear. Before i spend a lot of time gearing holy up... Any pro holy pallys feel this will just happen again? once resil is in the game priest/druids/shamans will just stomp pally healers because not only can they heal but they all have amazing offensive moves as well. Mana burn / cyclone / lust windshear being at the top of their list.

not trying to be elitist but...if you didn't understand haste and sacred cleansing were probably the best thing a pally had in wrath then don't bother answering the last question. that's how you won any 2k+ rated game in wrath, your global was lowered so you could spam cooldowns between your heals and cleanse which would put that amazing buff on people.
    Last edited by citn; 2010-12-17 at 04:47 PM.

I honestly believe that Blizzard has given PVP a backseat in this Xpac. Everything they have done has been done to balance PVE and make it more challenging.

Seems like everyone has some sort of self heal now, the HP pools are out of control, stuns and various forms of CC are out of control but all of this is balanced and essential in some form or another in PVE.

PVP in WoW, imo, has always been lackluster and based more on class imbalances, and gear more than anything. I think this xpac really shows this.

i think you're on to something. my prot spec is 345 iLvl and i feel like i can soak damage like non-other. PVE Prot i have no complaints and i could say we are the best of the 4 tanks at taking damage. maybe not the highest damage/threat output but still decent.

in fact you could almost say i am having fun on my paladin...

Mage/ret is supposed to be pretty good actually, if you can get a team going. From my understanding you basically just zerg while the mage sheeps one target, then babysit him with freedom/heals if he's pressured.

As for holy, it's seems to do well with feral druids/dk's. I think there's a 3k rated 3's with a HP in it right now.

3k hmm? now you're giving me hope good sir. So what you're saying is i should coat tails it!

Quote Originally Posted by citn View Post
    3k hmm? now you're giving me hope good sir. So what you're saying is i should coat tails it!
    I think it's also due to feral druids being just flat out retarded OP though, but I'd give it a go if you have the partners.

As far as I knew the highest teams are sitting around 2400-2500. Holy pally's are still beast healers btw, and beast cleave is not the only comp we had / have.

"we cant cleanse snares off of us anymore."

Huh? Please direct yourself to Acts of Sacrifice

Note I just clicked random talents so i could put two points in the talent that is quite important to pvp. Take a look at it, I think you will like it.

For being 2300, it sure seems like you don't know much about your class.