15+ Year Old Account

All help appreicated in healing as Holy

I have been a healer since BC and have done a good job. I have been leveling of course as shadow which I really suck at and now have run a few dungeons as a healer and I have not had many issues to mana thanks to others asking and posting advice.

From my reading I see that the stats should be considered like this Int./Spirit/Mastery/Haste/Crit with haste being at 12.5% (516 haste rating).

I am close to doing heroics and have some gear ready for once I hit level 85 so what do I need to think about gemming and enchanting once I hit lvl 85 and do heroics and start raiding.

Am I to low on spirit? Am I on target and need to run more dungeons and then heroics?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../zift/advanced

I am asking please don't bash or trol. Any help you can give me is appreciated
    Zift

You will likely need to run quite a few dungeons at 85 before you can do heroics. You can cheat the requirements for heroics, but you'll still want to be close or you simply won't have the regen for it. Looking at your current stats, you'll probably be okay in dungeons, especially if you have some new gear ready at 85, but you'll definitely need more regen before taking a stab at heroics.

The stat priorities that you listed are what I go with as well. Int is definitely top dog. Spirit is also definitely the best secondary stat and you should give careful thought to taking a piece that doesn't have it unless it also gains a significant amount of Intellect to make up for the regen loss. If you do have a piece without Spirit, you definitely want to reforge for it. I prefer Mastery over Haste, but they are a lot close IMO than the other stats in the priority and you need some amount of both to really perform effectively. And Crit is easily the worst stat, and should be avoided whenever possible. When you do use a piece with Crit, always reforge it. Your gems and enchants should follow these priorities. For example, take Int and Spirit enchants whenever possible, and gem with straight Int in reds, Int/Haste or Int/Mastery in yellow slots, and Int/Spirit in blues.

I also recommend strongly working toward Hyjal and Therazane rep ASAP. If you have done the quests in Hyjal and Deepholme, you should be Revered or close to it. Those reps will serve you well with the head and shoulder enchants, and Hyjal especially with the nice epic belt at exalted.

Heya!

I suggest that you start doing heroics as soon as you hit level cap just to get the feel for it. No need to wait around in normal dungeons if you were ready for heroics all along. Just start with the easiest heroics, and don't bash around in Grim Batol if you're with randoms. Of all the heroics, Grim Batol is the one where you have to make up every mistake a DPS or a tank does to a brutal degree.

All I can say is that your spirit seems a tad low as of now. But don't worry, it'll get high sooner or later. Right now I'm sporting 2700 spirit with everything reforged to spirit and I often end bossfights with 50% mana. I suggest you do the same if you feel your manaregen isn't coping with heroics.

My statweights are approx. the same as yours. I'd rather stick with Int/Spi/Haste/Mastery/Crit until I hit 12.5% haste though. You shouldn't take my word it as this is my napkin math.

Also, your spec is a tad odd. I suggest going for www (DOT) wowhead.com/talent#b0hZfhrrRorkcdohb:aoVM0 or something along those lines. The main difference is shorter Heal and GHeal casts which are essential, and Veiled Shadows that reduces your CD on sfiend by 60s which have been a lifesafer.

Other than that, you're set. Just pull all the tricks up from the sleeve when healing. Like sfiend combined with hymn of hope is really helpful when you're able to.

Lastly, my word of advice from me to you; if someone dies, it doesn't necessarily have to be your fault.
    Last edited by seipa; 2010-12-17 at 06:11 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thank you I have completed Hyjal and am in Twilight Highlands. I will have the belt from tailoring once I hit level 85. So should I reforge Crit to Spirit if I can?
    Zift

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Seipa

Noted and ready to heal
    Zift

Why would you suggest a spec that passes on Twin Disciplines? It's strictly superior to any other talent outside of the Holy tree, not just because it increases your throughput by 6%, but because that also equates to a 6% increase in HPM. Similarly, Rapid Renewal isn't particularly useful for Heroics since Renew is poor HPM, and how ofter are you really spamming Renew enough to make use of it?

Veiled Shadows isn't as useful as you might think, particularly not for Heroics. Assuming you use it relatively early such that you still make full use of it but get it on CD as soon as possible, so around 1 minute in, you're still not going to see it off cooldown until about 5 minutes into the fight. Very few of the Heroic encounters can conceivably last that long. As such, you're unlikely to see any benefit of a second use. It is potentially useful in a raid encounter where an encounter may last long enough to get 2 or even 3 uses with that talent where you'd otherwise get less without it, but that's outside of the scope here.

As such, I think you'll generally see better results by dropping those points in VS and RR and picking up TD.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ouch no Twin Disciplines?

---------- Post added 2010-12-17 at 06:31 PM ----------

Is there a Mastery Cap? If no what should I aim for
    Zift

Woops! My bad, Twin Disc were supposed to be implemented but somehow my level 80 build snook in there. I guess I was too eager to throw in Divine Fury.

And yes, I agree on RR. Good point.

However, I'm a bit on the fence regarding VS as I'm currently in the starting phase of raiding. Although you're absolutely right about fights seeming to last a lot longer than it actually is. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by lkonig View Post
    Is there a Mastery Cap? If no what should I aim for
    No, but don't stack it at the exclusion of other stats. Consider that, with more Int, your spells hit harder, so it makes your Mastery tick for more. Similar, with more Haste, you get off more spells, which means you get more Mastery ticks, etc. I haven't gotten around to doing any complex mathematical modeling to see how these stats interact and probably won't for a while. Instead, I'd recommend just considering how they affect your performance and then judging which you might need more of based on that.

For instance, if you're running into major mana problems and already either have spirit or reforged spirit on every item you can, you need to consider some stats that increase your HPM or regen. Intellect and Spirit are the obvious choices, but Mastery will help with this because it increases your HPM where Haste will not. If, on the other hand, you're running into problems with HPS, particularly not getting off spells fast enough, Haste helps a lot. Mastery helps with HPS as well, but its more for a sustained HPS; it won't help you a whole lot in crunch time.

@ seipa

I've been starting raids myself, but I haven't really felt like VS would be particularly helpful. At first, I did have a bit of a gear issue, but we had just as much of a problem with people learning mechanics and taking excessive damage. Now that I've had a bit more time to get some rep and gear up, I still have some mana problems, but they're the type that can (and, IMO, should) be addressed through other methods. For instance, I ran into some problems because people weren't moving out of AOE... we deserve to wipe to that. I was also making some mistakes regarding damage patterns and was using inefficient heals when I didn't need to or when anticipating them would let me prepare such that I could get by with greater efficiency. With a little more attention to that, and some better Chakra decisions, I was able to go from being completely OOM at 15-20% and the raid slowly dying, to being able to last to the end.

That said, VS isn't necessarily bad, I just think it's a lot more situational than it intuitively seems. If you do want to pick it up, I would suggest going 1/3 Darkness, or dropping Holy down to 31 points and going 2/3 Darkness.

I'm still gearing up, only sitting at a 334 item level and healing heroics as holy. I've been doing what I can to prioritize the stats in the same manner, however I was focused on adding as much spirit as possible early on to deal with mana issues. Now I'm sitting at about 2430 spirit and it's getting easier. Being that it's still extremely early in this expansion, I'd say focus on where you feel weakest with healing and fix that, then continue through the list. If you have an opportunity to add stats with the weights you listed definitely do so, but focus on what helps you get through the dungeons now and continue working on it as you go.