Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaxis View Post
    There are only two legitimate uses for Mind Control:
    1. Mind controlling somebody off the cliff at LM
    2. Mind controlling somebody off the world in EotS

There is no other use for Mind Control, ever.
    So not only are you not bothering to use it to it's full potential in PVP, but you have never cast it in PVE?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Temple Adepts are the biggest ones to MC in game probably. Most people misuse them though. If you're healing you obviously haste yourself and then spam their GH. If you're Shadow you DPS with them while hasted. They do 15-20k DPS. The heal isn't 50k by the way. It only looks like 50k because it's over-healing by 75%. It heals for like 180-220k. Adepts are completely OP. I ran a group a while back that just kept MC/CC chaining them so we could use the 2 Adepts for the rest of the run.

Quote Originally Posted by Xexer View Post
    This.

There's some really good MC targets sprinkled in the zones.
    Skinners in Tol'Vir have fan of knives
    Elementalists in BRC have frost patches/chain lightning/flame shock
    The non healing caster mobs in Throne of tides has a chain lightning and another AE damage ability
    The healing caster mobs in Throne of tides has wrath, an awesome heal, and hex (two CC for the price of one)
    Aqua caster guys in Throne of tides has Tsunami...crazy AE damage
    Temple Adepts in Vortex Pinnacle has been mentioned already....Holy nuke + ~100k heals

There's a ton.
    This is pretty spot on. I personally love to MC the Plaguebringers in Lost City. Love the diseases.

Not to mention that MC is probably the easiest way to complete the achievement [Old Faithful]. First achievement in H Throne of the Tides.

Quote Originally Posted by manofmagic View Post
    Absolutely...nothing!
    Say it again
    Thank you for getting the pun in the title!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    The only instance I have noticed humanoids being immune is Grim Batol, honestly. It works for me everywhere else I have tried it.
    Ah, well ironically that is the only Heroic I have done so far. Hence why I was like wtf how do we not get to use the most powerful cc in the game.

Deleted
    I mostly use it in bg's

throne of the tides, spiritmenders

free healing

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    The only instance I have noticed humanoids being immune is Grim Batol, honestly. It works for me everywhere else I have tried it.
    The little weird munchkin lookin guys on the way towards the alligator boss in Lost City.. They're immune to MC. Depressing.

the problem with MC as opposed to other available CC is that while you're mind controlling a mob you're not dpsing or healing. whereas other CCs you can set it and forget it, if you know what i mean.

---------- Post added 2010-12-17 at 07:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Keenkee View Post
    The little weird munchkin lookin guys on the way towards the alligator boss in Lost City.. They're immune to MC. Depressing.
    pygmys... probably because their retards and have no mind to control.

MCing the envokers(maybe) in Hc DM is <3 I think I was at like 610k health on my dk with their buff... can't remember exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by serif View Post
    the problem with MC as opposed to other available CC is that while you're mind controlling a mob you're not dpsing or healing. whereas other CCs you can set it and forget it, if you know what i mean.
    So when you MC a mob, you just stand there and do nothing, even though have have a new action bar full of abilities, like 200k heals or spammable chain lightning? You are a horrible priest.

You need to mind control everything in HCs at least once, so you know what mob is the best to MC (and which are immune), be it for offensive spells, helping the group with heals, or buffing your group with an OP buff.
    Last edited by blahssat; 2010-12-17 at 07:39 PM.

Not sure if this has been changed seeing as how my priest is sitting at 70 but when you mind control someone of the opposite faction you can speak with them. It doesn't show up as gibberish.

Has been working in heroic Blackrock Caverns, MC a random dude in trash packs, let the others mobs kill it, then take down less of them.

MC is wonderful. Stop trying to CC the bosses and you won't be so angsty.

Quote Originally Posted by Xexer View Post
    This is so bad, but I bet it's a troll!
    BS, how can you tell what race he is?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcsecant View Post
    Not sure if this has been changed seeing as how my priest is sitting at 70 but when you mind control someone of the opposite faction you can speak with them. It doesn't show up as gibberish.
    hey changed that during WOLK, was indeed fun though.

I MC'd a mob that had a Hax ability so I could CC an other mob That was awsome

Just did an Blackroc HC. MC'd an caster with chainlighitng and aoe slow. Pulled out 15k dps with that mob. And was able to tank the whole pack and get my MC'd target killed

Now don't come here and say MC is not usefull. I LOVE IT

@Dharmabhum .

I would suggest you make a totally new threat clean of anything, and make a list of what can be MC'd and what they do Would be one helpfull list.
    Last edited by ZtriDer; 2010-12-17 at 08:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dharmabhum View Post
    Thanks to Xexer for putting out a bit of a list. I went and got names from Wowhead because I was looking for some specifics. For those interested, here's a list but its up to you and your group to decide which are worthwhile to CC and abuse their abilities or just to kill them off. Feel free to add more if you see some that are useful, but I tried to keep it slim since no priest wants to just MC all day :-/

Lost City of the Tol'vir:
    Oathsworn Skinner (Fan of Knives, melee)
    Neferset Plaguebringer (Diseases, Disease of CD)

Halls of Origination:
    Temple Runecaster (Cleave, Curse on CD)

Blackrock Caverns:
    Twilight Elemental Warden (Chain Lightning, Fire Blast, Frostbomb)

Throne of the Tides:
    Gilgoblin Aquamage (Tsunami, Waterbolt)
    Gilgoblin Hunter (Backstab, Poison Spear)
    Naz'jir Invader (Lacerate, debuff given when taking damage)
    Naz'jir Tempest Witch (Chain Lightning, Lightning Surge)
    Naz'jir Spiritmender (Hex, Wrath, Healing Wave)

Vortex Pinnacle
    Flame Ascendant (Hellfire, Flame Blast aoe)
    Minister of Air (Lightning Nova, Lightning Lash)
    Servant of Asaad (Crusader Strike, Divine Storm, Hand of Protection)
    Temple Adept (Haste, Heal, Smite)
    Actually a Mind Control/Crowd Control sticky would be highly useful. Strategies for PVE, PVP. Mobs it can be used on and where (not just in 80+).

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    Temple Adapt in Vortex Pinnacle: their heal goes for 50k. I guess most mobs will have useful skills.
    This
    That was very helpful during it when there are more than one adept and we didn't have a lot of cc

Your avatar made me smile.
    OP: I was about to make this SAME thread. I tried MCing in Throne of Tides, Grim Batol, and Tol'Vir. Immune immune immune. Almost got kicked for it, but I was top dps so I got to stay.
    Damn you bliz!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have not found a Mind Controllable mob in Grim Batol yet. Still looking though.

+1 start a Mind Control Sticky thread.

Also the Plague guys in Lost city are a must to MC, pull 25k dps with them. And the Adepts is Vortex pop out huge heals and 15k smites.