Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Tips/Guide To Archeology: Not sure how many steps to take? Click Here!

After picking up archeology last night
    i may have developed that works 95% of the time

How to Archeology Survey:
    1. Use Survey Ability
    2. If Red: Jump(towards the direction of your scope) 10x
    3. Survey Again
    4. It will be yellow. Now jump 7x(towards direction of your scope)
    (If it is red Jump 5x and next survey will be yellow)
    5. Survey again
    6. It will be green now. Jump 3x again(sometimes 4)
    Survey Again
    Yaaaaaay you have gotten your artifact!

Tips on this:
    -If you over jump(meaning your green light is point in the direction you jump came from. Jump 1x Backwards)
    -Obstacles: They get in the way do your best to keep the jump count as close as you can.
    -After getting your artifact survey the spot where you picked it up. I noticed that sometimes you get yellow right away meaning you just have to jump 7x

Theory:
    Still have to test this but if we get red and jump 20x we should get to the artifact no?
    but sometimes the directions change so we will see
    let me know how this works for you

cheers

this is crap - every other digsite is miles long and even flighing 10s is still red
    Quote Originally Posted by SurePlay
    Most Loved : [...] Germans (yea German people are actually awesome, fuck the World War sterotype bullshit)

Quote Originally Posted by Schippi View Post
    this is crap - every other digsite is miles long and even flighing 10s is still red

your response makes no sense. please try before you actually talk. I have 3 success stories so far

15+ Year Old Account
    Red could be anywhere from (for example) 100 feet till infinity.
    Besides, red is far from accurate, so your theory is very flawed.

go actually try it?

Yea, you obviously haven't dug many sites. Some are very long, and you could potentially survey at one end while the artifact is at the opposite end. Jumping a set number of times won't always get you to the right spot. Just some advice, take it or leave it.

Just tried it, it doesnt work. The distance that it can be from a red on can be really, really far.

like i said it works 95%
    read b4 flame

I tried it at 3 different dig sites, it worked at 0% of them.

0% =/= 95%

Just so you know, it does not work 95% of the time. Since you've only done it 3 times, you can't say that.

Thanks for the advice though.

Deleted
    I tried this 100 times. It worked about 10 times. Therefore it works about 10% of the time.

FAIL

What others have said is true. While for smaller sites, your recommendation may work, for larger sites, such as the one around Sunken Temple, you could easily be several hundred feet from the artifact. For larger sites, it is more about getting good at guessing the angle, since at red the angle is rarely precise, and figuring out where artifacts like to hide, so if you need to mount up and fly, you are more likely to get a yellow/green on your next attempt.

Easy way to do this is as soon as you survey mount your mount, fly in the direction until survey is off cooldown and do again. I leveled 0-525 archaeology in 6 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by redsunrising15 View Post
    Easy way to do this is as soon as you survey mount your mount, fly in the direction until survey is off cooldown and do again. I leveled 0-525 archaeology in 6 hours.
    6 hours?? So 0-100 collecting, then 100-525 solving artifacts? How did you manage to collect enough fragments in that time?

What I do is lay down my tripod and if it's red I run in the direction it's facing until the cooldown on my survey is done, then do another survey. If it's red again, I hop on my flyer and fly until the cooldown is done to do another survey. If it's yellow, I do the same as red. I just run forward until the cooldown is up. If it's green, I run forward until either my tripod is off my screen or the cooldown has 2 seconds remaining. Works for me and I'm at 428 archaeology.

In larger areas, I tend to start on one side of the area. If the tripod reads red, I hop on my flyer and go to the middle to do my second survey. Red again, I go to the opposite side from where I started. I've found most of my artifacts are along the edges of sites so I tend to start on the edge now.

It's a lot of trial and error to find out what works for people. What works for one won't for another.

525 here.

red, yellow, green think of it as a direction and degree.

red is >100y (within the zone obv) on a 180o
    yellow is >20y <100y in a 90o
    green is <20y in a 45o.

So on a 310% mount, red, mount up fast, follow the direction until you can dig again, redo. Same for yellow.

For green run in the direction for half the CD left before being able to dig again.

After a while you'll get a sense where the nodes are within the area... they are not that random.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do a lot of people feel like they need a 'tips and tricks' guide for Archaeology? I'm just curious.

I call complete BS. Even realm firsts took longer than this.

With red distance being so inaccurate, what you can do is survey once, then survey again in the exact same spot and go off in the direction between where each survey points.

Yawn troll.