Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypro View Post
    I love this thread... ive been duel wield tanking for a bit now and the dps can go as hard as they like.... they are NOT pulling threat of me... the only time a non tank as pulled threat was when our pali was been a fuck and taunted off me..... threat is plain and simple
    The problem is not lower tps (because even with dw you should be far higher than any dd) the problem is the huge loss in dps at no gain in survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by Herpie View Post
    You make a wall of text of 5 paragraphs to write what you could have said in one sentence: "RNG has a bigger impact on dmg taken / mitigated over 12 minutes than the stats on this one gearpiece do".
    That would be what I said in my previous post, to which you specifically asked me to give you my reasoning on "why [the stats] are not significant on 12m duration fights," which prompted my longer post. I don't see any reason for your hostility when I gave you specifically what you asked me to give you. You just didn't like what I told you, and, for some reason, instead of investigating what I actually did, you just decided to attack me instead in hopes that you could somehow make me seem less credible while providing nothing on your own.

Inb4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUqp_rLjRfM
    Before people jump on the idea, dual fallen crusader is used here and is probably half the reason it ends up giving more survivability. In raids, self-healing is of course minor compared to incoming heals, and without swordshattering/gargoyle will probably end up actually reducing your effectiveness. Not to mention DPS loss (which is pretty important in almost all DS encounters).

I was tanking a twilight heroic and forgot to change my DW to my 2H. Didn't even notice anything in threat or survival wise. Didn't find out till I was already out of the heroic. I dont think its as big a deal as people claim it or want it to be.

Well, it has nothing to do with survival (parry haste is long gone), and its impossible to lose threat unless you get a bad miss streak on pull, or if gear difference is like 346 vs 400. So the only thing you can lose is dps, which should be a pretty noticeable loss.

MOD Edit: No more cataclysm discussion, MoP discussion goes here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1169016
    Last edited by Nyanmaru; 2012-07-30 at 11:52 AM.