View Poll Results: Which of the following instances do you think is the hardest?

Voters
648. This poll is closed
  • Blackrock Caverns

35 5.40%
  • Deadmines

73 11.27%
  • Grim Batol

216 33.33%
  • Halls of Origination

39 6.02%
  • Lost City of the Tol'vir

17 2.62%
  • Shadowfang Keep

66 10.19%
  • The Stonecore

170 26.23%
  • The Vortex Pinnacle

6 0.93%
  • Throne of the Tides

26 4.01%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    None of our group had any problem with grim batol, so this is odd

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to be like everybody else and say.. Grim Batol. The first heroic run I had was composed of mostly guildies (whom, at the time, had just enough gear to queue for heroics.. we were unlucky to get Grim Batol early on). We had a pug healer.. actually, we had three pug healers before we brought in a holy paladin from my guild.
    The entire run took four hours. The last boss puts Lich King to shame..

grim batol.

however, that one dragon boss in vortex pinnacle with the upward/downward winds and the tornados everywhere isn't 'HARD' but hilariously epic watching people get tossed around and having to run from one side to another.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamiel View Post
    Grim batol is pretty simple unless your dps is melee heavy then the last boss can be a fucking nightmare id have to vote for deadmines because Ripsnarl is a beast of a boss to deal with on top of having to switch off him top kill adds.
    Even then, just run for the doorway when gale ends

---------- Post added 2010-12-17 at 11:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sasslefrassed View Post
    The entire run took four hours. The last boss puts Lich King to shame..
    lold. We had problems too til we figured out you could snare

Grim Batol is the only one I havne't gotten a random queue for and hence the only one I haven't completed but I'd probably vote for that based on what others have said. That aside, I'd undoubtedly say that Stonecore was the most difficult of the ones I've done, mostly because of the PITA third boss, but maybe it was just my group.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhade View Post
    Grim Batol. It seems to be the ultimate PUG killer.
    It's funny you say that. It was the first instance I tanked on heroic- and one of my favourite. I've only ran with a guild group and all the heroics have been so much more fun to complete.

I understand its disappointing for pugs to not clear content, but the new heroics are by no means overly difficult, groups just need to come together better than some pugs ever had.
    Last edited by grug; 2010-12-18 at 07:04 AM. Reason: clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhade View Post
    Grim Batol. It seems to be the ultimate PUG killer.
    All will kill pugs that havent run things on normal..

Grim batol has pretty easy bosses with very predictable abilities.. Stonecore however.. timing, rng and just luck come into play.

Maybe its the obsession with all things needing tanking even adds in boss fights that messes you up in grim batol..

Drake boss in Vortex Pinnacle is incredibly frustrating to fight. You can get ganked by tornadoes from all over you can they can block you out from ever going back in.

It's a toss up between Grim Batol and BRC. Going into Beauty with no form of CC whatsoever is crazy as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by grug View Post
    It's funny you say that. It was the first instance i tanked on heroic- and one of my favourite. I've only ran with a guild group and all the heroics have been so much more fun to complete.

I understand its disappointing for pugs to clear content, but the new heroics are by no means overly difficult, groups just need to come together better than pugs ever had.
    Wait a cotton picking minute are you THAT elitist and insular with horrendous social issues, that it is your opinion that 5 ppl who dont know each other cannot complete any of the material in the game?

Pugs are there for ANYONE be it hardcore raider lookign for a few cheap points while he has a few mins adn his guildies arent online, or a happy slapper noob who has 3 buttons on his action bar, to group up and achieve something that will give returns to those involved..And you dont do anything at all unless the people you know are doing it.. I call that a major social issue mate..

the worst thing is, others agree.. (or think they do) This is what Blizzard cant allow to happen.. for the COMMUNITY to get so insualr only 5% of the players are completeing the high level content due to them NEVER spending the time to write the guides, make the videos or even pug with those of less ability.. as it would apidly die a death as those 5% of people will not be able to support the game as it is for very long. It is a very good thing to help those who want to improve in the game and it may even make you some more and good friends with whom you wont pug with.. but tbh theres those who dont want to learn and improe and just want shiny epics.

You sad sad people.. I am disappoint

Quote Originally Posted by ProBubble View Post
    Wait a cotton picking minute are you THAT elitist and insular with horrendous social issues, that it is your opinion that 5 ppl who dont know each other cannot complete any of the material in the game?

Pugs are there for ANYONE be it hardcore raider lookign for a few cheap points while he has a few mins adn his guildies arent online, or a happy slapper noob who has 3 buttons on his action bar, to group up and achieve something that will give returns to those involved..And you dont do anything at all unless the people you know are doing it.. I call that a major social issue mate..

the worst thing is, others agree.. (or think they do) This is what Blizzard cant allow to happen.. for the COMMUNITY to get so insualr only 5% of the players are completeing the high level content due to them NEVER spending the time to write the guides, make the videos or even pug with those of less ability.. as it would apidly die a death as those 5% of people will not be able to support the game as it is for very long. It is a very good thing to help those who want to improve in the game and it may even make you some more and good friends with whom you wont pug with.. but tbh theres those who dont want to learn and improe and just want shiny epics.

You sad sad people.. I am disappoint
    Wow, way to over react and start throwing insults on a non issue...My opinion is simply that if people feel that Grim batol is too difficult it may be that the people in the group are not playing as a group, but rather as individuals in it for themselves. It's not some sweeping generalisation that ALL pugs must suck, but simply that the same individuals who may be having issues could approach the same problem from a different perspective and possibly achieve the goals they set out to.

I think your knee jerk reaction to my post is more a social issue than my grouping with friends. I simply have no need to pug, as I generally play with the same group of friends when I am online. Having social issues or not has nothing to do with my preference of grouping with friends.

I'll edit my post for clarity- as It has a few mistakes that may by making things unclear.

What disappoints me most is that reactions like this are more and more typical of the MMO-champ boards, if an opinion of one person is separate to that of another, rather than share and discuss opinions, one party generally get upset at the other and visa-versa.

So I enjoy the new contents difficulty, and I play with friends rather than pugs, therefore I am an elitist with social issues.
    Last edited by grug; 2010-12-18 at 07:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    halls of fagination hands down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mainly most of these instances come down to group makeup making them easy or hard. I'll list some of the harder bosses and some things that my guild and even PuG's have done.

::Stonecore:: Warrior Tank
    Corburus - Thunderclap + Shockwave kills all the crystals.
    Ozruk- Shield Slam removing reflect shield plus charge keeps the boss mostly stationary.
    Azil- Thunderclap mobs then Heroic Leap behind a void zone

::Shadowfang Keep:: Retpally + Hunter
    Commander Springvale - Kill the first set of adds. Hunter drops a trap at the door, pally repents the other add, burn, burn win!

::Grim Batol:: Priest + Mage (arcane or frost) + Warrior
    All Fights - Lifegrip! Amazing, for DPS that get stuck or just happen to be moving a little slow.
    Erudax - Split the mage and warrior up on the adds. Both will be able to blink/heroic leap and meet the adds before they leave the hallway and apply slows

::Blackrock Caverns:: Druid + Mage
    Karsh - You just need a decent tank for this. Don't drop the stacks it just makes it easier. The debuff lasts for 12 seconds so, have your tank refresh the stack every 8-10 seconds. With a decent group of DPS (7kish average) you'll down him before 12 stacks.
    Beauty - Sleep one add and sheep one add the entire fight. Kill the other then kill Beauty.
    Obsidius - Frost mages are just amazing at kiting on this fight. You'll probably walk away with the achievement if you have a competent one.
    Last edited by Kiryia; 2010-12-18 at 07:20 AM.
    I like waffles!

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted Stonecore. I haven't had a chance to see Grim Batol yet (but I really really want to!).

It's not hard really but every now and then I'll get groups that think they can just 'lol dps' through all the mobs. When there's good communication though it's an enjoyable challenge.

it was a toss up between SFK and grim i finaly went with SFK because from what i've seen i've only done two compleat SFK runs most groups either can't get past the first boss (serisouly not that hard had a group with rogue warrior DK dps bear tank and they all failed at silence and one kept going Oh i have burnt through this without interupting) or the fail is at 3 boss and 4th boss some people sit there and scream for me to debuff the poison (you need to move around for it to drop) i just find taht between the two both have un forgiving mechanics but sfk seems to have more in it then grim to me then again i wish i coudl vote both there both a pain.

On an offf note 3 people think vortex pin is hard? my group ques for it all the time for a quick easy 210 jps in about 20-25mins
    I'm a little ninja, short and stout I take all the loot and I hearthstone out All the guys on teamspeak scream and shout I'm the warrior in full devout.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having a lot of trouble finding players who know how to interupt.

Making first boss of SFK hard.

Also, Ozruk with a melee heavy group ><

I'd have to say Deadmines.. It was the one me and my dungeons friends had most problems with, but it was more the adds on ripsnarl (sp?) that we didn't seem to be able to control, but after that it's been quite easy as we learned the mechanics and got better gear ect.. it's also the most fun one after that boss, Blizz really did a nice job there

Grim Batol, hands down. As a Healer I had big problems with the second boss (though I didn't know tacts when I started). Whats up with everyone thinking Commander Springvale being so hard? I always kill him in the first or second try...

In my experience as a Holy Priest, the hardest instance would be Blackrock Caverns, and only because of one boss: Karsh Steelbender.
    In fact, I didn't manage to kill him yet. It was probably because of the group all the times I've tried (I haven't been in this instance with my usual group yet since we always do a random dungeon). But still - I find healing through him pretty much impossible when his buff stacks too much and the whole group is taking insane damage. Other than that, every heroic and every boss is pretty much a piece of cake.

However, in my experience I've found that The Stonecore is probably the most difficult heroic in general. This is because almost every boss there requires movement or you die (instantly or almost instantly). This seems to be very, very hard for a random group. Especially melee classes on Ozruk - they die all the time because they don't get away quickly enough.
    So I think the gameplay mechanic of "run away quickly or you'll die instantly" is probably - in general - the hardest thing for a random WoW player to face. And that heroic is full of such situations.

Quote Originally Posted by grug View Post
    Wow, way to over react and start throwing insults on a non issue...My opinion is simply that if people feel that Grim batol is too difficult it may be that the people in the group are not playing as a group, but rather as individuals in it for themselves. It's not some sweeping generalisation that ALL pugs must suck, but simply that the same individuals who may be having issues could approach the same problem from a different perspective and possibly achieve the goals they set out to.

I think your knee jerk reaction to my post is more a social issue than my grouping with friends. I simply have no need to pug, as I generally play with the same group of friends when I am online. Having social issues or not has nothing to do with my preference of grouping with friends.

I'll edit my post for clarity- as It has a few mistakes that may by making things unclear.

What disappoints me most is that reactions like this are more and more typical of the MMO-champ boards, if an opinion of one person is separate to that of another, rather than share and discuss opinions, one party generally get upset at the other and visa-versa.

So I enjoy the new contents difficulty, and I play with friends rather than pugs, therefore I am an elitist with social issues.
    Nice forum work there edit posts 'for clarity' completely changing the content of your post.. then attacking me for saying it how it is.

Sorry i upset you.. but tbh.. it goes to more people than you.. 'Get a guild' is not an answer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by soupuhstah View Post
    the only people who hate Grim Batol are the ones who don't understand how the bombing run works. I seriously pugged into a group that thought it was a "preview of the instance" and not one single person was bombing except for me... ugh, Grim Batol's a fun instance, you just gotta do it right >.<
    Lol its not the trash thats hard its that Orc boss thats hard when he gets on valiona its so much raid damage most healers at the mo cant handle it.