Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    First of all OP, "get a guild" is not a term, it is a phrase.

Secondly, not "all" of us have been saying get a guild. Some of us might just suggest, while being in a guild may be tough or difficult, getting into any kind of guild at this point will be beneficial to you and you should attempt it. Or you could make one of your own with you and your friends who have guild issues or what have you.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Being in a guild can pretty much fix all of the problems, except of course the chaos orb thing, which frankly isnt a big deal.
    I dont think people who dont have high end profs using orbs should be able to need on them but thats different.
    GET A GUILD

Quote Originally Posted by Zombikilla View Post
    It seems that with Cata's release almost every thread requesting help in Heroics has been met with the response "get a guild"

i know why it is this way, to ensure your group does exactly as it should, and for everyone else's interest but.....

it is NOT the end all be all, it is not this answer to everything that this community seems to think it is, these forums have been filled with this crap for the entirety of the gearing up process thus far, and I for one am getting sick of it!

- Blizzard screwed up Chaos Orbs and went back to the Archaic BC model that was worse for everyone involved? get a guild

- Occasionally people in the Dungeon queue aren't A level players? get a guild

- Want to do anything productive at all in this game? get a guild

There is a reason Blizzard put in place the random dungeon finder and allowed you to queue up solo or in a group, and its not so that people who don't get yelled at to get into a group before hand or GTFO.

So now i ask you MMO-C community, why is it that in the face of every problem that has been brought up thus far (pug healers oom, chaos orbs, etc.); your common response has been the semi-idiotic term "get a guild"
    Its due to the serious social issues that are coming out post cata ( they have always been there) elitism or even supposed elitism of even those that arent raiding but farming hc's. They wont do anything unless they have their mates holding their hands and then take out the fact that they cant do anythign unless their mates are online out on the rest of us.

I am in a guild, I am happy there, i do hc's with them, i raid with them, but i am also online when they arent, and i may want to get some loot from a dungeon.. so i want to pug. The answer to that does not lie in 'wait for them to get on then go' but the reality ends up wipe so much that they come on before i finish the dungeon adn then we finishit a s a guild :P.

pugs suck at the minute but they wont get better if we dont keep running it.

Quote Originally Posted by g3xter View Post
    They want to tie you to the game. If you're in a guild you'll have to play more. If you play more that means more money for them.

I'm in a top guild but apparently they don't give a fuck about me. I hit level 85 3 days after they did and they're already full heroic geared. I ask if somebody wants to do heroic instances at least once per hour but you can't find anybody. I tried random queuing for NON HERO instances for days but you just end up wiping until everybody leaves. I paid a fortune on AH rare items so I'm able to join heroics but not a single soul wants to go there anymore since they're too busy raiding. Heroics with randoms are obviously out of questions.

If you're not playing the game _AT LEAST_ 12 hours since the release you will never have a chance of successfully doing any heroic instances.
    This is incorrect. Like you, I hit 85 after 3 days, but my guild is a bit more casual. We take it easy. Since hitting 85 I've done maybe... 7 or 8 heroic runs, about one to two a day.

Furthurmore, I have done three of these heroics completely alone through the dungeon finder. One or two failed, yes, but others succeeded, with people CCing as best they could (some were clearly rookies at it, but they were doing their best), and learning to move out of fire and pew pew the boss hard enough.

If you have a problem with your guild not wanting to do heroics with you, I suggest you find a guild that has a more casual, laid-back approach, because it sounds to me like your current guild is more hardcore than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Reavyn View Post
    In other words; Give me everything in the game. But wait, I don't want to take part of any sort of meaningful social aspect of the game. I just want... stuff.

You're basically advocating to get 'the full experience' as you call it, without actually taking part of 'the full experience' (AKA guilds).

I mean no personal offense or anything, but it's your way of thinking that fails on so many levels it makes me wonder why you're even playing. Simple because you seem to be playing an MMO for all the wrong reasons. Did you know you can play Oblivion in multiplayer in your own little world with just your friends and you can do everything?
    I've earned my due. I've accomplished every major raid achievement for two expansions in a row and was looking forward to spending my time in Cataclysm at a much more relaxed pace where I'd not have to make the sacrifices that hardcore raiding demanded.

Level 85 inside of 48 hours only to find that any hope of accomplishing anything outside of an established and populous guild has been ground to dust around me. I have no business with the players around me any more than they do with me, and as such I'd like to be able to play the game I've enjoyed for nearly five years without being forced to play with people so far below me like I'm three years old on a play date with the deficient spawn of Billy and Bobby Jack, the incestuous twins from down the lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Reavyn View Post
    I mean no personal offense or anything, but it's your way of thinking that fails on so many levels it makes me wonder why you're even playing. Simple because you seem to be playing an MMO for all the wrong reasons. Did you know you can play Oblivion in multiplayer in your own little world with just your friends and you can do everything?
    Also, I feel I should elaborate on this.

Contrary to the notion I've so far no doubt projected, I do enjoy playing with other players. I really do - with competent players. There's nothing I enjoyed more than throwing on my sword and shield, hopping in to instance on my Paladin and pushing a group who could keep up with me. A healer that doesn't cry about their mana and knows how to conserve and use cooldowns; a DPS who knows when and where to use their CC without needing to be told. I lived for these things, both in Wrath and Burning Crusade.

When the day is done, however, and everything is finished, I wash my hands of these people. Especially with the advent of the dungeon finder. I have no further dealings with them and their future accomplishments - their dreams and aspirations, the latest bowel movement of their youngest child are not my concern. I move on to the next group of people who I can test and will hopefully learn something along the way.

The notion that you must play with the same group of people on a regular basis to get the full value of the game is misleading and, in truth, counter to the argument people have been toting of a Massively Multiplayer game.
    Last edited by zael; 2010-12-18 at 09:09 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombikilla View Post
    It seems that with Cata's release almost every thread requesting help in Heroics has been met with the response "get a guild"

i know why it is this way, to ensure your group does exactly as it should, and for everyone else's interest but.....

it is NOT the end all be all, it is not this answer to everything that this community seems to think it is, these forums have been filled with this crap for the entirety of the gearing up process thus far, and I for one am getting sick of it!

- Blizzard screwed up Chaos Orbs and went back to the Archaic BC model that was worse for everyone involved? get a guild

- Occasionally people in the Dungeon queue aren't A level players? get a guild

- Want to do anything productive at all in this game? get a guild

There is a reason Blizzard put in place the random dungeon finder and allowed you to queue up solo or in a group, and its not so that people who don't get yelled at to get into a group before hand or GTFO.

So now i ask you MMO-C community, why is it that in the face of every problem that has been brought up thus far (pug healers oom, chaos orbs, etc.); your common response has been the semi-idiotic term "get a guild"
    this game is built around teamwork and being in a guild accomplishes that. If you don't like it play xbox live. btw the dungeon finder wasn't specifically for solo play. people got tired of spamming trade for heroic groups or going TO the instance. how can u play this game not in a guild? thats sadder than playing 12 hours a day IN a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    You can do fine in the real world without socializing with anyone - you can get a job, be successful, prestigious and rich or otherwise talented and make yourself known if you so choose without having more than minimal person contact.
    It depends on what sort of guild you're in - some guilds are more of the wow equivalent of "get a job" than "socialize."

If you're in a guild where you have officers (management), applications, goals and deadlines (raid ready 2 weeks after Cata launch), and a set raiding schedule, they don't really care if you're particularly social, so long as you show up on time and get your job done.

And then you get your "paycheck" of progression.