Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Should I disarm feral druids?

I've never played a class that could disarm, but now leveling up as a Prot Warrior and I do a lot of PvP. How does disarm affect feral druids?

Doesn't they hit with their paws. O.o

if you can rip of the bear's arms....then sure go ahead and disarm em, but if you can't then just run lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    "Grmblblmbmlbmlbmlb Stalker"

Deleted
    disarm does help quite a bit, i believe. while it doesn't deactivate any of their abilities, it does remove the stats of the item and the extra DPS the druid gets from the item for the duration of the fight.

A feral's equipped weapon's DPS directly impacts the strength of their direct damage dealing abilities (Shred, Mangle, Ferocious Bite). Being disarmed will reduce the damage of those abilities, but will not prevent them from using them.

Because you lose the stats from an equipped weapon while disarmed, and because a weapon's DPS does not affect a Feral's bleed abilities (Pounce, Rake, Rip), being disarmed will not negatively impact their bleeds very much. Just whatever Agi/Mastery was on the weapon if they hit you with it while disarmed.

The major selling point of disarming a target is preventing them from using abilities which require an equipped weapon. Because Ferals don't have any such abilities, disarming them isn't very useful. At best, it would mean the difference between a 35K Ferocious Bite and a 25K one.
    Last edited by Leinie; 2010-12-17 at 11:32 PM. Reason: mistaken

10+ Year Old Account
    They would suffer from not having the stats provided to them by their weapon. But it would not impede their abilities. I would suggest trying this on your neighbors cat to see the DPS loss without paws.

dont they have an ability that does 300% weapon damage?

Deleted
    During wotlk feral weapons were just a stat sticks - just like for hunters. We weren't atacking with them, but got increased atack power from them. Disarming was totaly pointless, since it was just a minor gain.
    In cata all our skills scale with weapon damage, the same way warrior's do. The only difference is that we can still perform all atacks while disarmed ( but they are considerably weaker )

I would think the major argument on why disarming a Feral this season is that there is a high chance he already has bleeds on you. Those will not reduce in damage if they are already on you. You disarm him, dots still crit for a lot of damage. While he is still controlling you or running away while you bleed to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Leinie View Post
    A feral's equipped weapon's DPS directly impacts the strength of their direct damage dealing abilities (Shred, Mangle, Ferocious Bite). Being disarmed will reduce the damage of those abilities, but will not prevent them from using them.

Because you lose the stats from an equipped weapon while disarmed, and because a weapon's DPS does not affect a Feral's bleed abilities (Pounce, Rake, Rip), being disarmed will not negatively impact their bleeds very much. Just whatever Agi/Mastery was on the weapon if they hit you with it while disarmed.

The major selling point of disarming a target is preventing them from using abilities which require an equipped weapon. Because Ferals don't have any such abilities, disarming them isn't very useful. At best, it would mean the difference between a 35K Ferocious Bite and a 25K one.
    This is incorrect. You DO NOT lose the stats from disarmed weapons.

Don't waste a disarm on a feral if there is another melee you can disarm, especially in arenas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leinie View Post

You don't lose the stats of an equipped weapon while disarmed - you just lose the ability to use it. Your health, resilience, crit, etc do not go down because you are disarmed.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Unless something changed this past season, disarming my feral kitty ass does decrease my damage from direct attacks, because it effects my weapon damage, which is a feral druid's top DPS stat, over agi even. So while I still get the res, agi, mastery, and I still have the ability to actually keep on applying damage, it is LESS damage because the weapon damage is not there. It won't effect my bleeds, but it DOES effect my shred, mangle, ravage, and that's about it really.

this thread is extremely relevant to my interests; though i have no input as i have never tested this out myself, i am nevertheless eager to find out the answer once and for all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calon View Post
    They would suffer from not having the stats provided to them by their weapon. But it would not impede their abilities. I would suggest trying this on your neighbors cat to see the DPS loss without paws.
    I tried this and he died, so I really recommend using this. The bleed damage is amazing.

any concrete answers as of yet?

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think it drastically reduces their damage range but they can still attack with any ability. not sure, played a feral for a whole day at end game content and decided i didnt like it.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

If by disarm you mean, cut off their arms while you kill them, I'd say thats just mean.

If by disarm you mean, remove the weapon they're clearly not attacking you with, then no it does nothing.

So we have people saying complete opposite things... what is it, do they lose stats/weapon dmg, or not? If so, this would be useful against casters too since they get a chunk of SP from the weapons. I've always wondered this and then check it out.

---------- Post added 2012-02-04 at 05:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sinzaram View Post
    If by disarm you mean, cut off their arms while you kill them, I'd say thats just mean.

If by disarm you mean, remove the weapon they're clearly not attacking you with, then no it does nothing.
    Ferals damage scales from their weapon's DPS.