Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Red face Best Super Nintendo Game of All Time

There are so many super nintendo games(721 in NA, 533 in EU and 470 in both)

but which one is the best?

For me it is Final Fantasy 4(2us).

No game blew me away in my entire life like FF2 for SNES, when I first played it after playing the game for NES I was blown away, I am sure even if I had played Final Fantasy 3 for NES(then) even with its elaborate job system, I'd have been blown away by the plot and story and the way the game was told, I had never played an RPG like it before and I was only 10 years old when it came out.

To me there was no greater experience than playing a game that had so many different areas, quests, places to go, and most importantly characters of depth and emotion and a tale being told (oddly reminiscent of Star Wars) that really gripped me(before I saw Star Wars).

What is the game that you first played for SNES that blew your mind?

Chrono Trigger.

Deleted
    Can't remember which console it was, but the first thing I played on something from Nintendo was The Legend of Zelda!
    Always enjoyed those Zelda games since then!

10+ Year Old Account
    Chrono Trigger! The production values and story got me excited about JRPGs again in late 1995, after a three year break after Final Fantasy 4 and Shining Force in 1992.

Quote Originally Posted by Gybano View Post
    Chrono Trigger! The production values and story got me excited about JRPGs again in late 1995, after a three year break after Final Fantasy 4 and Shining Force in 1992.
    OMG Shining Force...it was Sega though...But still a great game worth mentioning.

IMO Its close, Megaman x, LTTP, Super Mario World

Never played Super Metroid, didnt really get into the franchise.

Secret of Mana - that game made me buy a SNES.
    Terranigma was also great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manito View Post
    Chrono Trigger.
    This. I've never actually had it for the SNES, living in Europe and all, but still..

Super Mario RPG no contest

Deleted
    Super Mario / BATMAN !!!

Terranigma, Lufia 2, Super Metroid, LoZ: A Link to the Past, Donkey Kong Country Series, Super Mario Series, omg can't decide, there were so many great games and so many childhood memories <3

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually can't decide. Almost all of them have been said already, but my canidates are:
    -Chrono Trigger
    -Secret of Mana
    -Super Mario RPG
    -Yoshi's Island

I don't think I've ever enjoyed another game as much as I enjoyed those.

Yeah Chrono Trigger is one of my favs and an amazing game, but I feel that FF2us for SNES was the best for me just because it was really the first 16bit game I played besides Super Mario World.

I got a genesis later but that is another story.

Attach stories about your first SNES 16bit experience that was the best for you, if you can, just cool to read all these stories about old games, because it seems like most people these days will never play Chrono Trigger or FF4.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time on Nintendo 64. Best game ever in my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by Leyrana View Post
    Terranigma, Lufia 2, Super Metroid, LoZ: A Link to the Past, Donkey Kong Country Series, Super Mario Series, omg can't decide, there were so many great games and so many childhood memories <3
    haha... T E R R A N I G M A... A R E Y O U T H E R E ? ? ?

That game was awesome, dunno why they never released it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynde View Post
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time on Nintendo 64. Best game ever in my opinion!
    Super Nintendo game :P
    SNES or Super Famicon.
    N64 is a different console.

I would agree with you but I recently just finished Majoras Mask, in my opinion is was better than Ocarina.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynde View Post
    Youredoingitwrong.

My favorite has to be Donkey Kong Country. I've played that game to DEATH, and beyond.

Yoshis Island, that game is so perfect

Toss up between Solomon's key, secret of mana and Ninja Gaiden