Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted

I have done a post about this

Well I've made a post which got no answers so I must've been the only one to see a certain blue post.
    I think it's safe to say that we all understand what you're going through.
    But and here's the but! Blizz has stated that they wanted to put in the ability to exchange conquest points for valor
    and justice for honor points.
    Like I said in my post, they mentioned that it wouldn't be at a 1:1 ratio but most of us would be fine with that.
    I'm sitting with almost 4k JP that I can't use for crap. So this feature would come as a blessing i'm sure to all.

Best regards
    Vonpaulus

I absolutely agree with this post. I just spent 6 hours straight doing bgs with a good 5 group and wound up with about enough honor for 1 piece of gear. Quite frankly its rediculous that honor takes so god damned long to grind while conquest points get maxed out in 5 games. In arenas right now I'm going up against people with 2.5k res merely because they have the time to spend 9+ hours per day doing bgs. It needs to be fixed, and its not fair.

If you don't want to farm the gear, you don't need to.
    No one is pointing a gun at your face, forcing you to farm honor.

People who sacrifice their time farming honor should be rewarded.
    The system currently is fine, since no matter how hard you farm you can't get the best gear anyway.
    And people that don't spend time gearing themselves up will have to suffer with the decisions they make.

Also, i don't think its a good idea allowing us to buy PvP gear with Justice Points.
    PvP gear should be rewarded when PvPing, and PvE gear should be rewarded when PvEing.
    BTW, I have capped my JP since last week's maintenance and all I have been spending JP on is heirloom gear(just for fun) for the past week.
    What they should do with JP is probably let us buy mats for flask or enchants with a high JP cost so it can actually contribute to PvE progression.

Deleted
    TBH you can get WAAAAY more honor than op said. I remember I got around 300 in 1 (!) battleground. I can't remember which one though.

Yeah this is a huge issue with these BG queues. Blizzard merg the american Battle groups together. Unless peopel are that scared to queue for BGs now a days. But I wish it was back to the 10min queues.

The gear you get from honor is not the best gear, if someone farms all their gear in the first week, good for them. If you casually do BG's, say even 3 hours a day, you can easily get 500+ honor with the random bg bonus + daily win, within a month you will easily have all your gear, plus be at the same level as everyone who spent 10 hours a day grinding their gear in the first week, because of the conquest points cap.

I'm not saying that we should ignore the fact that winning and losing bg's gives pitiful amounts of honor, or how the horde have 10+min queue times, but if you truly want to be one of the few people who have a full blue set of armor already, either prepare to invest a lot of time, or switch to alliance where the queues are instant. I'm guessing even 2-3 months before the season ends, you will see everyone decked out in the epic pvp gear, and then you may actually use your pvp gear in bgs to farm the honor cap before the next season.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    45 days to get to max blue honor pieces seems reasonable to me.

Even 90 days, assuming only playing every other day seems reasonable.
    heard of seasons by the time u get the gear it's sh!t again
    and personally since i can't play week days daily rewards make me soooo HAPPY! /toggle sarcasm
    Last edited by mmoc6833a6d000; 2010-12-19 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Weed View Post
    TBH you can get WAAAAY more honor than op said. I remember I got around 300 in 1 (!) battleground. I can't remember which one though.
    Most likely AV, But yeah honor gain is slow and people are annoyed. I like it stops people rushing full blue set in a day.

I dunno if it's the amount of KB's or caps I get, but I'm averaging around 150 honor per random and 200+ for my first one of the day, and if it's taking that long, maybe it's worth changing to ally ?

This is easily fixed by making it so horde vs horde and alliance vs alliance becomes possible.
    Either get the queues quicker or reward more honor.

I know this is anecdotal but I usually get ~60 honor when I lose and ~100+ when I win. If it's AV or I just happen to get a lot of kills then it can be ~200+. It really doesn't seem like a problem to me.

I played this weekend and was able to rack up enough honor and conquest points to grab my blue chest and vicious off hand. That seemed like a pretty fair rate of return on my time.
    Last edited by Stringer; 2010-12-20 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Weed View Post
    That was my impression as well, first win for the day usually gets me 240-260 and then each win after has been at least 140-160. A loss can be really low, if the group is straight rubbish. I had an alliance group this morning camping the relic waiting for their other 2 guys to drop the other set of walls - more bonus for them, less for us. That was a group that dropped 6 people and we never got repopulated.

well, server balance plays a huge part here, if you are tired of long queues. it might be better to change faction. of course queue times is long, when horde is twice as many. i really think blizzard should start taking server balance a bit more serious, and give free faction changes more often.
    Last edited by Adril; 2010-12-20 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    45 days to get to max blue honor pieces seems reasonable to me.

Even 90 days, assuming only playing every other day seems reasonable.
    Sure, for one character at the start of a season, but what about alts in s10/11? 45 days is a lot to spend, unreasonable.

I farm honor by queueing Tol'barad whenever its up and queueing WG, around 100 honor even if i lose both, and thats every hour/2 and a half. All the while grinding archaeology in bg queues.

I know on my server Alliance are about to get a lot more popular as MLG fanboys come pouring in (Pookz, reckful sodah snutz etc. went Alliance on tich and are R1, so ofc fanboys gonna come just like with Blackrock in wotlk)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandrel View Post
    Pretty sure theres no honor gain in rated bgs, only conquest points. Just like arenas.
    Nope you get honor, atleast when you are conquest capped.

10+ Year Old Account
    do what I do get a good book...and que. you don't notice the time pass...

I think it's fine now... PvP players should have some time for play.

I completely agree. Its even worse on my server for random Cata dungeons. It takes 40 mins to get one 30 mins to do it and I get like 120 Jps. And thats just for one dungeon, since I cant do heroics I can only do that once a day. Its the same for BGs, I said fuck it and Iam not going to even try gearing my main right now, theres a lack of 85s to queue for anything, lack of a decent point reward system and shitty blue pieces of gear cost tons of points. Even the heirlooms cost more I did the math their like 3x the amount of points they were before counting how many you get from each boss and the bonus for doing a random dungeon assuming you queued for one. Iam just leveling alts now and trying to scrap up some extra points on my higher toons to get some more outrageously priced heirlooms. =/

Quote Originally Posted by rNadom View Post
    If you don't want to farm the gear, you don't need to.
    No one is pointing a gun at your face, forcing you to farm honor.

People who sacrifice their time farming honor should be rewarded.
    The system currently is fine, since no matter how hard you farm you can't get the best gear anyway.
    And people that don't spend time gearing themselves up will have to suffer with the decisions they make.

Also, i don't think its a good idea allowing us to buy PvP gear with Justice Points.
    PvP gear should be rewarded when PvPing, and PvE gear should be rewarded when PvEing.
    BTW, I have capped my JP since last week's maintenance and all I have been spending JP on is heirloom gear(just for fun) for the past week.
    What they should do with JP is probably let us buy mats for flask or enchants with a high JP cost so it can actually contribute to PvE progression.
    You're not on Kil'jaedan Horde, therefore you do not know how bad the honor:time ratio is. You obviously didn't read the OP's post and instead flapped your mouth and resulted to trolling and flaming. It's unneeded and your post has been reported.

That said, I actually AM on K'J Horde and yes, the time to queue random BGs versus the actual honor reward for doing them is a waste of time, period. In the time it takes to queue for a random BG, I have already found a million other things to do.

It has been like this for a while, but the HP reward from BGs has absolutely been tuned down which makes this a waste of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzix View Post
    You're not on Kil'jaedan Horde, therefore you do not know how bad the honor:time ratio is. You obviously didn't read the OP's post and instead flapped your mouth and resulted to trolling and flaming. It's unneeded and your post has been reported.

That said, I actually AM on K'J Horde and yes, the time to queue random BGs versus the actual honor reward for doing them is a waste of time, period. In the time it takes to queue for a random BG, I have already found a million other things to do.

It has been like this for a while, but the HP reward from BGs has absolutely been tuned down which makes this a waste of time.
    Here is an Idea...Transfer to a different battle group, not only will you get faster queues but! everyone in your current Battle group will too. And as a bonus we don't have to hear you all QQ about queue times. Other that there is nothing you can do to increase your honor gain...well unless you go world pvp while queueing.