Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    imo its just annoying. when i log onto sc2 i click join game and w/in 30 seconds im in a game. so blizz has already proven they have the capability to do it. The game just isnt set up for that kind of match making. And in all reality i highly doubt the last thing any of us wants to do when we get home is to sit in front of our computers randomly hitting the wasd keys just because we are bored and waiting for the queue to pop. ::end rant / crying::

but on the actualy topic of honor gains being low. I dont think it would be so bad if the queues were near instant. Farming the honor would be enjoyable if we didnt have to wait 30 mins btwn games. The games would also be more equal for the fact that everyone would have the ability to get the gear at the same rate. instead of one faction (the faction that has faster queues) getting gear quicker and in turn winning more. Its just a slippery slope. So in lieu of how the honor gains are set up, i think it would be understandable to think that the amount of honor you get is actually tailored to instant or near instant queues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttam View Post
    Sure, for one character at the start of a season, but what about alts in s10/11? 45 days is a lot to spend, unreasonable.

I farm honor by queueing Tol'barad whenever its up and queueing WG, around 100 honor even if i lose both, and thats every hour/2 and a half. All the while grinding archaeology in bg queues.

I know on my server Alliance are about to get a lot more popular as MLG fanboys come pouring in (Pookz, reckful sodah snutz etc. went Alliance on tich and are R1, so ofc fanboys gonna come just like with Blackrock in wotlk)
    It's 45 days to get whatever the previous season's tier is. In our case, we had no previous cata season, so we're buying blues.

In season 10, we'll be buying season 9 epics. In season 11, we'll be buying season 10. 45 days (assuming OP's numbers. Mine are much higher), and not doing arenas, you get a full pvp set. Factor in arenas, and even at the starting max of 1348 conquest per week, plus the daily, and you get around 8k conquest points at the end of 45 days, assuming you're a bad. That's 3-4 pieces of top end pvp gear and the rest of the slots in 2nd to top end.

Like I said. Not so bad. The expectation that you should go 0 to full in any less time is what's bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

2x 2 set bonuses and conquest cap'd in the first week. i am on a highly populated alliance server as horde. the queue times are 10+ minutes. point is this is the first week of cata, and we're qq'n about the grind already?!

Deleted
    Just did tol barad, got 75 honor when losing instead of 50, just did AV, got 68 honor instead of 45. (and 14 for towers instead of 9)
    AFAIK all Bonus honor has been buffed by 50%

All i can say, is for that the people that believe in horde should faction change to alliance. how about you alliance that xferred horde, go back so we can slay you in the bg's again and get our honor points back, ever since the faction change, I've lost alot more bg's than I would of at level 70 or even the beginning of 80 and not to mention, the ques during prime time on alliance servers, are about 3-5 minutes, which bug out to be around 20 minutes so its virtually pointless. Blizz needs to make it faction v faction not any more, and have Horde vs Horde, Horde vs Ally, Ally vs Ally, Ally vs Horde, but it still doesnt seem to make sense when how can a game like call of duty, get you into a game in less than 5 minutes, I honestly dont know and sometimes it even bugs, and it FIXES IT SELF! Blizz and Activision need to team up and Activision needs to give Blizz the secret clearly.

its never gonna be faction v faction for honor defeats the whole point of two factions

Quote Originally Posted by natrii View Post
    Here is an Idea...Transfer to a different battle group, not only will you get faster queues but! everyone in your current Battle group will too. And as a bonus we don't have to hear you all QQ about queue times. Other that there is nothing you can do to increase your honor gain...well unless you go world pvp while queueing.
    Yeah, I should pay for something to fix the issue. Very logical.

Quote Originally Posted by lenninzx View Post
    its never gonna be faction v faction for honor defeats the whole point of two factions
    Doesn't if it defeats the purpose or not, they are going to start losing a vast amount of players soon if its not changed.

CoD =/= WoW.

You can try to compare apples to oranges, but it's still a waste of time. IMO gear in CoD has little to nothing to do with ability to win or fun. I can still get top 3 most of the time whether I am lvl 1 or lvl 30. In WoW however gear can make a lot of difference.

So in short, you don't at all need "gear" in CoD to win, so using it as a comparison is kind of pointless.

I don't think, even in theory, getting pvp gear was supposed to be as fast as pve, but I have only been playing for 1.5 years and not a lot of BGs, and no arenas, so I might be out of my element. But I don't think you can compare grinding winning/losing BGs for gear to getting into some pug ICC and being LUCKY and maybe winning 3+ pieces. At no point will you ever be able to grind 3 PvP pieces in 1.5 hours.

I suppose one good way of looking at it is at least you can calculate how long it will take you to get your piece, to a degree. With horrible luck you will still eventually get your piece. I can't count how many fail pugs I knew I was getting myself into just for a chance at Heroic Muradin's Spyglass, only to end in disappointment. The amount of wipes probably cost more gold than the badges(turned into gems, cut, and sold on AH) I gained downed bosses, so at least you are always getting ahead. I probably wasted 30+ hours in fail 10 man ICCs only to take a financial loss.

Quote Originally Posted by cmilla View Post
    CoD =/= WoW.

You can try to compare apples to oranges, but it's still a waste of time. IMO gear in CoD has little to nothing to do with ability to win or fun. I can still get top 3 most of the time whether I am lvl 1 or lvl 30. In WoW however gear can make a lot of difference.

So in short, you don't at all need "gear" in CoD to win, so using it as a comparison is kind of pointless.
    That makes 0 sense. My feral druid 2's partner has 2.4k resil at the moment, and he will die faster than me if not at the same time sometimes... so that shuts that down. next.

Queuing as Horde (EU) is painful. 20 minute queues for a tiny amount of honour, although if you win well (especially in something like AV) you can get a decent chunk. But grinding Archaeology or spamming trade with Blacksmithing in between is no fun

Deleted
    a) faction change, if u have 20min BG queue, oppositte faction have instant BG - imho every true PVPer play on "weaker" side
    A true PvPer would NEVER faction change. Changing sides are for sell outs. For the Horde!

Deleted
    i dont know how u win and only get 60?
    then ur afking on grave or something?
    when i win i atleast get 150 on a bad game
    and around 200 when i win
    and do tol barad
    when u win u get like 400 honor
    and seems like the ques are way longer at us then at eu
    i get a random que in 10 min ( yes iam horde not ally )