Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Exclamation Best Gaming Keyboard for World of Warcraft

Im sure you hear this ALL the time but I gotta get some more opinions. Ive searched everywhere looking for the best gaming keyboard for an mmo and I was going to buy the Razor Anansi for my bf for Christmas but cant find it anywhere for sale. Then was gonna get him the Saitek Cyborg but not sure if its as awesome as it seems. G15 is bleh. Screen would be useless anyways. I need something with backlighting and macro keys. I know that much. The Saitek has all of the above but the macro keys are a pretty good distance from WASD which makes them useless. Im already going to get him the Razor Naga Molten Core gaming mouse for his birthday. And I need a badass gaming keyboard to go with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the Naga Lycosa and i love it. Back lit keys and it has macro keys. I just bought mine right off the Naga website
    Fûrbs - Troll Druid - Area 52
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%aee/advanced
    Starcaller

Also what do you guys think of the Logitech Gaming Keyboard G110?

well.... no idea but i've seen gaming keyboards and they are nothing like normal keyboards ~ 40 buttons, round-ish with a little slope so your hand/ palm fits comfy, utterly useless outside of gaming environment.... Do you mean those ?

Deleted
    For WoW? Nonsense
    Best Keyboard though? Logitech G19

Quote Originally Posted by Furb View Post
    I have the Naga Lycosa and i love it. Back lit keys and it has macro keys. I just bought mine right off the Naga website
    Don't you mean Razer Lycosa? :P

any zboard would do, they are after all the only real gaming keyboard.

No "normal" gaming keyboards. I want zazz lol. Macro's, backlighting, palm rest etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally i think the "Gaming" Keyboards are giant waste of space, time, and money. I Also hear their not the most reliable. So i went with the Logitech G13 because it was thousand times cheaper then all other gaming keyboards. And you get MORE buttons. I use it and it works fantastic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use an Ideazon MERC. Well, it's now Steelseries - But whatever. Depending on how you play, it might not be ideal to you, but for my setup it works great. Plus I play FPS games half the time and I love my keyboard for CoD.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshiakii View Post
    For WoW? Nonsense
    Best Keyboard though? Logitech G19
    I need something more badass. Not too thrilled about the lcd screen. Where the keyboard will be going on the computer desk you wouldnt be able to see the lcd screen.

---------- Post added 2010-12-17 at 08:00 PM ----------

Razor Lycosa is pretty nice. I like the rubber key's. I also like the G110 and G510. Anyone know anything about the Saitek Cyborg keyboard?

i tried playing wow with a X-box controler.... was something to remember thou it was on my hunter.... if i do it on an Assas rogue now it will work fine in raids - i wont be top dps but it will kick ass consider it if you like controllers ( i hate them thou just wanted to try it )

Boyfriend just plays wow no fps's.

---------- Post added 2010-12-17 at 08:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Clone347 View Post
    i tried playing wow with a X-box controler.... was something to remember thou it was on my hunter.... if i do it on an Assas rogue now it will work fine in raids - i wont be top dps but it will kick ass consider it if you like controllers ( i hate them thou just wanted to try it )
    Lol thats pretty neat but yeah bf's more for the computer than consoles. We own both the ps3 and 360 but he loves his wow.

Dont bother with the Saitek Cyborg. I bought one once, the keys are too far apart and the macro keys make the whole keyboard way too wide. Id go with the Razer Anansi as you said, or the Lycosa if the macro keys aren't that massive a deal. But NOT the Arctosa as I did. It's exactly the same as the Lycosa, but cheaper and it doesn't actually have letters on the keys. Well it does, but they're practically invisible.

Also, if you cant find the Anansi just buy it off the Razer website

EDIT: After some super careful research, the Arctosa, which I have is 47cm in length, and as a bit of a guesstimate the Cyborg would be like 55cm or something, which is pretty big.

EDIT2: And oh yeh, the Cyborgs macro keys are like impossible to configure.
    Last edited by Oneoldfogie; 2010-12-18 at 01:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trainwreck
    If they do incorporate Worgen and Goblins as playable races it will be the last straw. I've let my children play this (somewhat evil) game in my Christian household for long enough. These changes will bring a whole new level of evil and Satanism that I can't stand by and let my kids experience. I will be cancelling.

well get him a razer naga mouse if he is a raider .... during a raid i have my rotation and cooldowns on the mouse, so i only bind my OH!SHIT! and KITE skills on the keyboard its really clean and i can (sometimes) play with one hand during a raid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by debbiedowner View Post
    any zboard would do, they are after all the only real gaming keyboard.
    Have you actually had one?
    Because I can say, without a doubt, that it was the worst keyboard I have ever owned, the ones they give away with computers are a better quality.

I was looking at the sidewinder keyboard a while ago, since it has a detachable numpad, which would be good for me considered my desktop space.

I have owned a Razer Tarantula, Lycosa, and a Logitech G15. In my personal opinion, I much preferred the G15 over the others. I like the keys that stand out on the G15 and when compared to the Lycosa, I found it hard to know where the keys were located on the Lycosa. The Tarantula was great except it wasn't back lit so I couldn't see the keys in my dark room.
    Last edited by Mindmaker; 2010-12-18 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelthatkillz View Post

Saitek Cyborg keyboard?
    Don't buy that.

I use the Logitech G11 and couldnt be happier. The macro keys are great for WoW.

Check out this review if you would like to know more...

http://gamingweapons.com/logitech-g11-vs-razer-lycosa/