Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachdonin View Post
    The only way i could see to 'fix' this problem would be "Specializations". You pick a species, as your specialization, and it ensures that there is always a site active for that group, then you pay 100+ gold to retrain when you're done with it.
    I would be completely fine with this (I think it's a fantastic idea) and made me wonder why Blizzard didn't go with it. There's specializations in most professions, and even if Arch is just secondary, it'd make sense for it to have some as well.
    Last edited by erwil; 2010-12-19 at 05:00 AM.

The reason, likely, is one of two things. Either they didn't think of it, or its because they have stated that they wanted to get rid fo specializations from the professions that already had them. Either way, i may just go make a thread about it on the Official forums.

I agree, if there were Specializations it would be better, im at the point where i have all fossils and all Nelf objects, in a real life scenario i wouldve depleted the resources from which i was findind the Nelf and Fossil artifacts i believe especially if its on one continent. I know this would never happen but it would be nice if once you had all the artifacts from one species or race whichever you prefer, that said species/race specific dig sites would stop popping up.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason I don't see it working, is because of Tol'Vir, and the Canopic Jar. I'm still all up for calling Deathwing and sweet talking him to destroy some of the Night Elf dig sites in north Kalimdor.

so what on earth is the other tab on the arch. tab in game, with the indiana jones hat and mining pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsworth View Post
    so what on earth is the other tab on the arch. tab in game, with the indiana jones hat and mining pick?
    shhhh no talkin about the dreaded last tab or the forum will be closed....... from what ive read though nooone knows it could either be something that will be later implemented or something that got scraped and they just decided to get rid of it

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsworth View Post
    Was confirmed by a GM (I believe the screenshot of the conversation is on this forum) to be a placeholder.

Up to 3000 Night Elf Fragments and still no Scepter for the Tol'vir DAMN YOU BLIZZ

4000 and counting Night Elf Fragments and now there is a glitch at the Dire Maul Digsite, so now i cannot complete it and only have 3 digsites to work with on Kalimdor for potential Tol'vir digsites T.T

10+ Year Old Account
    So, kind of off topic but not really. I've seen and heard most people say they're doing most of their archeology in Kalimdor. I'm only at 186 but have done most of my surveying in the Eastern Kingdoms figuring I'm not really going to get anything worth while and its easy to just fly out of Stormwind and hit a few of them when I have some spare time.

Should I start doing most of my stuff in Kalimdor now or should I wait until I hit 200 when most people start getting their first rares?

Deleted
    I'm getting mad with all the fossil digsites.

Deleted
    Yeah, same here... at 397 excess fossil fragments atm (continued to just developed the artefacts anyway, long after I got pet+mount, just stopped recently) and 587 night elf fragments (got everything, including the trinket). Fuck all to do with them... Really hoping they add something more to those because I'm pretty sure until I get the Tol'Vir items I really want (pet + AQ mount, got the ring already) I'll easily hit 1k or 2k fragments or more in fossils/night elves...

Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    4000 and counting Night Elf Fragments and now there is a glitch at the Dire Maul Digsite, so now i cannot complete it and only have 3 digsites to work with on Kalimdor for potential Tol'vir digsites T.T
    I've gotten this glitch a few times. Going to another digsite and then back always fixed it for me.

Deleted
    other possible way would be that you can transform fragments of one race to another(atleast fossil) in a 3:1 ratio or higher , as some kind of " seeing the connections between x and y"

Quote Originally Posted by Aviators View Post
    I hate night elves.
    This. After leveling Archaeology, this so freaking much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadoro View Post
    I've gotten this glitch a few times. Going to another digsite and then back always fixed it for me.
    Yeah i went back and its still glitched

Was looking forward to "end game" Archaeology till I read this thread. Fml.

< Goes back to grinding Fossil Sites >

OK 5000 Nelf fragments and countless Fossil Fragments later, and still no Scepter of Azj'Aqir, ive seen others with the mount, im giving up theres no way RNG is on my side the profession sucks ass.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have found 7. I guess 515 is for Uldum spots

I am 525 Archaeology, and Zin'rohk is hard to find!