"Crusade" Talent, as a Holy Paladin

I'll write down the talent when its 3/3, and i'll highlight the part I want to discuss:

"Increases the damage of your Crusader Strike, Hammer of the Righteous, and Templar's Verdict by 30% and the damage and healing of your Holy Shock by 30%. In addition, for 15 seconds after you kill an enemy player that yields experience or honor, your next holy light heals for an additional 300%."

Okay so, when I first read it, I thought that it'll proc everytime a mob dies (when I'm in a dungeon), however, I've been healing dungeons non-stop for almost a week now, and it has only proc'ed once, which was 15 minutes ago. So does this proc when you get the KILLING blow? Or is it supposed to proc when an enemy dies? .. Because I've seen many prot warriors using Victory Rush, and that requires that you kill an enemy that yields experience or honor.. I'm just confused about how it works, any ideas?

Victory Rush also procs when you devastate a mob with low health, with the appropriate talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to actually score the killing blow, making it pretty rare for a Holy Pallys in PvE

Quote Originally Posted by RyanRetnolds View Post
    You need to actually score the killing blow, making it pretty rare for a Holy Pallys in PvE
    Indeed. Though to be honest if the bosses health is low enough that you can actually cause a killing blow, you won't have to worry about the tank surviving anyway ^^

It's meant for BGs or questing... But you still need to pick it up for the damage increases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

It can proc on fights with low hp adds (Stonecore endboss for example) if you get lucky enough to score a kill with Judgement for everything else you shouldn't worry too much about it, because you rarely get a chance to kill something with a weak 2k dmg Judgement anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    as a protadin, i milk this talent after trash pulls
    nother better than at 82 hettign a 25k heal

Quote Originally Posted by big deal View Post
    " after you kill an enemy player that yields experience or honor"
    Mean you have to get the killing blow mate
    I'm a little ninja, short and stout I take all the loot and I hearthstone out All the guys on teamspeak scream and shout I'm the warrior in full devout.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would seem to be a bit over powered should it proc everytime you get a kill.

Although I'm going to keep this in mind for a Shockadin spec for questing and pvp.

I got the talent just for the Holy Shock increase since I'm using it every cooldown now.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need a killing blow for it to proc. The strange and controversial thing about the talent is in my opinion, that it is a bit too complicated for a tier 1 talent, thus it contradicts with what Kalgan had said back in the time for initial talents for all classes in the game. What he exactly said was, first tier talents were designed to be less complex than the latter ones.

Note: I assume this talent was designed for faster leveling.
    Last edited by Vuagnon; 2010-12-18 at 09:43 PM.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bunnyhat View Post
    I got the talent just for the Holy Shock increase since I'm using it every cooldown now.
    Yeah I got it for the same reason.

If you score the KB on something, you generally don't need a 300% bigger HL, honestly. There are very very few PVE situations where that part of the talent works in your favor. I believe it's meant to be for Retribution to increase their soloability. It's also a decent PVP talent.

If you do proc it though, the numbers are 85 for Holy are just silly. I mean, bigger than Divine Light silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuagnon View Post
    Note: I assume this talent was designed for faster leveling.
    The bonus to holy light was added later on because prot and ret had big troubles with mana while leveling and farming.

as holy you pick it up for holy shock, that is all.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.