Legendary Weapons Speculation

Blizzard has confirmed the next legendary weapon is going to be for casters, the first one since Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian, which is no longer obtainable.

There is a lot of speculation on what the actual weapon is being chosen. I believe it would be creating a mortal copy of Neptulon's Trident. The trident is a staff, which all casters can use. Also it makes sense if the staff is being released at Patch 4.1, since that is when we fight Ragnaros, why not use his weakness against him?

On the weapon being released on Patch 4.1, that would mean Cataclysm is following on WotLK's model for releasing legendary weapons. 3.1 was when Val'anyr was released along with Ulduar.

If that is true, the second legendary weapon would be released on the last major Cataclysm patch. This legendary, if it is true a second is being made, has nothing at the moment so it is extremely hard to speculate on. The only thing I could consider would be the Hammer of Twilight, thats saying it's going to be a melee weapon.

Of course this is only speculation, don't take it seriously. If you can add your own speculation, please do so.

Pretty sure a blue confirmed it's a staff, and I think I remember something about them saying second tier?