Commander Springvale the Easy Way

So me and a couple guildies decided to go do heroics, wound up getting SFK. Got over to Springvale relatively easily, with only a couple wipes from not everyone knowing what was going on. As almost everyone has been saying, the dude is hard if you don't have a group capable of properly interrupting the adds.

So there are two main strategies I've developed that make the fight cake, depending on your comp.

1) Double Interrupts: You'll usually have at least one person that can interrupt every empowering from one add; however Springvale is still gonna get charges. When you have two interrupts, they tend to get confused on which is theirs to deal with, and you essentially only have one interrupt again. Notice that the adds are noticeably different from one another. Blizzard did this on purpose. Assign the interrupts to either the gold or silver add, so there will never be any confusion if they miss which add came through which door.

2) Pally Tank: The very easiest way to do this fight. Tank doesn't even need to be exceptionally geared, so even having a pally switch specs for this fight is advised. The reason this works is because of how ridiculously powerful Shield of the Righteous is right now, getting random procs. More than likely you will never get his shield blast unless you get an unlucky streak of no procs (at which point horde pallies should use their racials since both are equally effective in this scenario). My group downed him first try once I switched over to tanking on my pally, and even got the achievement.

3) Send someone's pet in to pull and run like a pansy to the fountain in the courtyard. Kill his first two adds, then kill him with no other adds coming to his aid. Unintended, I'm certain, hotfix coming? Hope so, but until then, rejoice for managing to get past him in pugs.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chisuji View Post
    3) Send someone's pet in to pull and run like a pansy to the fountain in the courtyard. Kill his first two adds, then kill him with no other adds coming to his aid. Unintended, I'm certain, hotfix coming? Hope so, but until then, rejoice for managing to get past him in pugs.
    very nice, and at least he's skippable if ur in a mediocre pug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chisuji View Post
    This is how my guild run went in SFK. Certainly there is a hotfix coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,don't tell them about the bug its the only way to make the encounter bearable the few times I end up with any pugged players doing it. Guild runs we do it normal but that bug is the only thing that saves pugs from breaking up on that dungeon atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Already opened a ticket when a pug suggested glitching the boss that way so he could get the achievement, incoming hotfix soon.

@Topic
    The 2 adds are called Officer and Guardsman, assign the interrupts to each one and you are golden, stuns work awesomely well too.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.