Archeology: Epic projects CAN come in at lower skill levls

I don't know if this is common knowledge now, but I know when I was doing research on Archeology a lot of people were saying 450 skill was needed to get epic projects.

266 skill, I just got the project for Queen Azshara's Dressing Gown.

I'm guessing lower skill levels have a much smaller chance, but a chance none the less.

We already knew that, lvl 85 epics however won't come in the lower skill levels.

Nevermind. Just realized the dressing gown isn't a level 85 epic item

Its a level 60 epic. Its meant to drop while skilling up. Its not exactly a drop you be waiting for when you hit 85.

The shaman head is for example level 70 and also not so rare. Same goes for the level 80 Niffelvar bearded axe. Those drops arent so rare.

But dont expect easy 85 epics besides the ring of the boy emperor. If you read the big thread about drops then you will notice everyone pretty much reporting the same drops. Theres a pattern.

My guess is that its almost impossible to have a shot at the weapons/AQ mount before you got at least 450 skill and several other epics found.
    Theres a blue post that said that everyone will have the drops eventually. If its all that random then this statement of Blizzard would be false.

Im currently sitting at 525 skill and 17 rares. The only 85 epic I have is the ring of the boy emperor. You can check my DK at Twisting Nether EU, alliance guild Vanguard, name currently Motsognir. Hopefully renamed Mayden again in near future.
    Last edited by Mayden; 2010-12-18 at 01:03 PM.

you cant farm tol'vir fragments before 450 skill anyways, so yes, you'll need atleast that to get the AQ mount.
    Then there is the other lvl 85 epics that according to http://www.wowpedia.org/Archaeology_Rewards are only obtainable at 450 aswell.

It's actually very simple:

1-300: Vanilla level 60 - Queen's Robes
    300-375: TBC level 70 - Headdress
    375-450: Wrath level 80 - Bearded Axe
    450-525: Cata level 85 - Zin'rokh + Staff