Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Justice Points after level 85?

    I have recently reached level 85 and am trying to do the heroic dungeons. I believe that some of the gear available from the Justice point vendor would be helpful in making heroics easier. What is the best way to get Justice points after reaching level 85? I have been told that WotK instances are now not available to me or do not drop Justice points any longer. Any suggestions on where to get points would be appreciated.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    first of all: dont expect to walk into heroics when you reach 85.
    (1) wear a tabard, and mine the normal modes till you get (as a minimum) 333 gear accross the board.
    (2) as you do normals, you will pick up some nice 346 gear with JP accumulated, or with faction gear (as you get rep).
    (3) keep on top of dailies in factions to get nicer gear and enchants. Rinse repeat for a few days, you reach revered in all.. then you will get a nice selection of gear ready for heroics... and being useful in heroics.
    (4) better still, by farming in normals.. you also have the advantage of not being a burden to the community (ie: being a window-licking moron that so frequent this game atm)
    (5) when you can do the random heroic.. do so.. and level your professions... get some nice epics crafted from chaos orbs dropped inside.
    (6) rinse repeat......
    (7) fall over, die, get back up
    (8) pay monthly subscription
    (9) rinse repeat

  4. #4
    Facepalmer

    thank you for you very concise and helpful suggestions.

    My toon is a reston shammie, which faction do you suggest i work on first for rep and dailies (and thus gear)?

    Thanks again for you input

    PS ( I also enjoyed the humor of your reply)

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Facepalmer View Post
    first of all: dont expect to walk into heroics when you reach 85.
    (1) wear a tabard, and mine the normal modes till you get (as a minimum) 333 gear accross the board.
    (2) as you do normals, you will pick up some nice 346 gear with JP accumulated, or with faction gear (as you get rep).
    (3) keep on top of dailies in factions to get nicer gear and enchants. Rinse repeat for a few days, you reach revered in all.. then you will get a nice selection of gear ready for heroics... and being useful in heroics.
    (4) better still, by farming in normals.. you also have the advantage of not being a burden to the community (ie: being a window-licking moron that so frequent this game atm)
    (5) when you can do the random heroic.. do so.. and level your professions... get some nice epics crafted from chaos orbs dropped inside.
    (6) rinse repeat......
    (7) fall over, die, get back up
    (8) pay monthly subscription
    (9) rinse repeat
    Im 84 and have 325 gear points and when I reach 85 Im getting a new item(stilll need to replace my 264 head) and I'm good to go .

    So it's possible to go straight to heriocs once you reach 85(I'm from the oldskool wow so I do know hard heriocs ).

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Unomojo View Post
    Im 84 and have 325 gear points and when I reach 85 Im getting a new item(stilll need to replace my 264 head) and I'm good to go .

    So it's possible to go straight to heriocs once you reach 85(I'm from the oldskool wow so I do know hard heriocs ).
    He didn't say it wasn't possible. He just said dont expect to as most people don't have the gear requirement.

    Anyway, just do normals/get rep gear until 329 or whatever, do heroics, get unlimited JP, do raids, complete all content and be bored waiting for some more. enjoy.

  7. #7
    lol. You could. Theoretically. If you can find a guild group that will carry you. You will however NOT be able to use the dungeon finder untill you have an average gear level of at least iLevel 329.

    Thankfully, this is not too painfull to get though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.

  8. #8
    It's a bit off topic, but something strange is happening to me. Yesterday I was able to queue for heroics. Said my average ilvl was 329, but today when I logged in, it says 328

  9. #9
    For Resto/Ele Shammy the gear across all Quarter Masters can really get you started in the right direction, and its interchangable for the most part.

    Just because of the way I leveled my plan was:

    Hyjal for the head enchant and pants
    Earthen Ring for cloak
    Therzane for shoulder enchant and ring
    Ramkahen for belt

    These are items that you can unlock at revered. There are still a lot of nice pieces you can get at honored, but I didnt list them. Getting to honored does not take any instancing with a tabbard, just questing.

    After getting to revered with every faction I started wearing the Earthen Ring Tabbard to get to Exalted for the epic boots. Next is Wild Hammer for the epic neck.

  10. #10
    It drives me nuts that you can't get more than 70 JP per day in normal dungeons. Having all but two slots filled with 333 gear and needing to get the exact rolls you need to complete the set just to move onto heroics can be a PITA. Before I hit 329 I felt like every dungeon I did was a borderline waste of time except for faction.

    70 JP per run in normals seems fine to me. 70 VP, then 70JP plus JP for bosses on heroic seems like enough of a boost to make that switch.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Patchwerk View Post
    It's a bit off topic, but something strange is happening to me. Yesterday I was able to queue for heroics. Said my average ilvl was 329, but today when I logged in, it says 328
    I saw this in a few other threads. Seems they stealth hotfixed something.

    Someone said shirts used to have an ilvl and that was boosting peoples averages.

  12. #12
    Can we get justice points at level 85 doing the weekly quests? Because i got the quest today and says that i'm going to get 138 justice points... but i don't know if that is true... or i'm just going to get some gold...

  13. #13
    I haven't read all the comments, but the best thing to do is run normal instances for rep and get the rep rewards. Those rep rewards are meant to make heroics easier, while heroic gear is meant to make raids easier.

    Progression is the key, and jumping straight into heroics without the gear isn't what you want, because all it will do is lead to frustration on your part.

    ---------- Post added 2011-01-03 at 03:56 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Trevize View Post
    Can we get justice points at level 85 doing the weekly quests? Because i got the quest today and says that i'm going to get 138 justice points... but i don't know if that is true... or i'm just going to get some gold...
    Yes, you do get JP from doing the Northrend weekly.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Facepalmer View Post
    first of all: dont expect to walk into heroics when you reach 85.
    (1) wear a tabard, and mine the normal modes till you get (as a minimum) 333 gear accross the board.
    no, not so orthodox please, i do 1st or 2nd dps in hcs, i have 335 ilvl, but thats some rep gear, 1/2 bits on hc gear, 1 jp peice, and i still do tha same dps as when i joined with 329ilvl
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

  15. #15
    theres so few items from justice points its totally lame.

    ive bought 3 items, and 2 of them are from points i saved up before cata.

    i got all heirlooms i could ever need so no point in those..

    they should add more.
    In Memorial of the Sword Guy

  16. #16
    Just to clear some things up; while doing WotLK heroics at 85 is.....pretty dumb, they still give justice points. I ran some with some guildies to get the guild achievements for them, and I was getting Justice Points from them.
    Xadus, level 85 Death Knight - Proudmoore
    Garaz, level 85 Hunter - Proudmoore

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Nioxic View Post
    i got all heirlooms i could ever need so no point in those..

    they should add more.
    What about those of us who never got to take advantage of Heirlooms before patch 4.0.1? Would it still be unreasonable to invest JP into the heirlooms now, or should we quick grind the ole ToC dailies for the Seals, and use them?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Patchwerk View Post
    It's a bit off topic, but something strange is happening to me. Yesterday I was able to queue for heroics. Said my average ilvl was 329, but today when I logged in, it says 328
    I had someone in my guild group with this issue last night. did you vendor some stuff from your bags? stuff in bags should not count at all but it does.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    I saw this in a few other threads. Seems they stealth hotfixed something.

    Someone said shirts used to have an ilvl and that was boosting peoples averages.
    Items in your bags counted towards average itemlevel. Maybe there was a 333 quest item in your bag which you vendored later and it blew your average itemlevel.
    Still working on my original cool saying..

  20. #20
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    teh forumz
    Posts
    106
    I've been maxed on justice points for like 2 weeks now, wish they sold gems or something with them, or you could trade them for honor!
    85 Mage - Neptulon EU

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •