Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Ironforge Airport Gate

Excuse me if this has been noted.

I was exploring, after hearing that it was possible to fly into Old Ironforge (yes, I believe things very easily), so I was looking around for a tunnel, which I assumed would most probably be the best bet of getting into a cave. So I flew up to the Airport to check out the Tunnel that was up there when I went exploring pre-Cata, and I found this:

http://imgur.com/BhSlV.jpg

Please use that link, I haven't used Imgur in ages, so I can't figure out how to reduce the image sizes. I don't wanna be destroying no monitors today.

For those who don't trust it, there is a gate covering the previously open tunnel that lead up the mountain, only to reach (iirc) a wall of snow. But now, there is a gate covering the tunnel, consisting of vertical bars, spaced enough for you to see the tunnel, but unfortunately, not the end of the tunnel, and the Wildhammer symbol in the centre.

Discuss.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

I've checked out that place in the WoW map viewer before. It's a remnant from pre-vanilla of a tunnel that was supposed to go from Ironforge to the airport. I believe it ends somewhere near the military quarter in IF.

The entrance to Old Ironforge is in the throne room of IF, just left of the entrance. But it's still sealed up just like it's always been.

Any idea why the updated old Ironforge for 4.x.x?

I kind of want them to leave it closed it feels more cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Coar View Post

Perhaps some event in a future patch involving freeing Magni from the crystal form or something?

Lore reasons.
    Magni Bronzebeard used an artifact downthere and was turned into a statue.
    He is supposedly stuck down there in Old Ironforge while the council rules the dwarves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Perhaps some event in a future patch involving freeing Magni from the crystal form or something?
    I sincerely hope they completely leave it alone

I would cry if that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    That was my thought too.

This is one of the things that has annoyed me the most, they reworked so much of the world yet didn't seem to want to spend the very small amount of time it would have taken to make the airport make sence.

The first thing I did when I got to IF was to fly on my 310% straight through military ward and out of the tunnel that the planes shoot up in the back.

It goes no where, you just go inside the mountain model...that's how little they cared they didn't even bother to stick an invisible wall over it.

The tunnel is still cropped by the mountain it now just has a door over it so you can't see.

I just checked it out with my eye of kilrogg and you will land on the other side of the tram portal.

I'll make a screenshot in a second of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aftertoucher View Post
    I just checked it out with my eye of kilrogg and you will land on the other side of the tram portal.

I'll make a screenshot in a second of it.
    That's AWESOME!

They should expland the tram into a huge empire of underground tunnels and unexplored terrain.

Where every zone could have a hidden drop down into the tunnel, and launch massive attacks onto another city without being noticed.

That's AWESOME!

They should expland the tram into a huge empire of underground tunnels and unexplored terrain.

Where every zone could have a hidden drop down into the tunnel, and launch massive attacks onto another city without being noticed.
    Or, complete the tunnel to the airstrip from where you can take the plane to SW or something ^^

Oh, screenshots!

I sincerely hope they completely leave it alone

I would cry if that happened.
    I'd rather them open it up. Whats the point of leaving something there to rot? I find it similar to those peeps that buy those old cars for a bajillion dollars and leave them rotting in their garage for no one to see. I'd be nice if they could take old IF out of the garage and let it see the light of day for its first time!

Other things I want to be opened up are those gates in SW that have guards in front of them. They're in the canals. And that big gate with the instance portal. That'd be cool.

On another note when I first saw Uldum's gate I always wanted to go through it and see whats on the other side. And now I finally got to in Cata which was pretty cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    I'd rather them open it up. Whats the point of leaving something there to rot? I find it similar to those peeps that buy those old cars for a bajillion dollars and leave them rotting in their garage for no one to see. I'd be nice if they could take old IF out of the garage and let it see the light of day for its first time!
    The experience of going there for the first time, and seeing something not completely available to everyone in the game was a fun experience to me.

Farsighted inside of it and the other side just drops off into blueish area but behind that was the rocks above the fp master in IF

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I was thinking more along the lines of the Wildhammer Symbol, Tunnel leading up to the top of a mountain, Wildhammer's joining the alliance.

Possibly the Wildhammers get an Aerie Peak ontop of Ironforge Mountain.

The experience of going there for the first time, and seeing something not completely available to everyone in the game was a fun experience to me.
    They're always adding those things those in the game though. I found a few recently too. Flying mounts in old world really help you find that stuff.

Old IF was meant to be used anyways. It'd be great if they finished it after like...what? 6 years?

15+ Year Old Account

Why wouldn't they update all of Azeroth? Can't just leave some places undone just because they aren't used at the moment, since that would leave the work for later when they do decide to use them ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    On another note when I first saw Uldum's gate I always wanted to go through it and see whats on the other side. And now I finally got to in Cata which was pretty cool!
    Completely off topic for a second: Fly around the back of the building with the Portal to the Ulduar raid. Theres no coutyard, no volcano, no roost. Nothing. It really peeved me off. They couldve at least done a miniature version of the instance to scale with the environment, like they did with Ramparts (yes theres a mini ramparts around the back of the portal).

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Completely off topic for a second: Fly around the back of the building with the Portal to the Ulduar raid. Theres no coutyard, no volcano, no roost. Nothing. It really peeved me off. They couldve at least done a miniature version of the instance to scale with the environment, like they did with Ramparts (yes theres a mini ramparts around the back of the portal).
    Ulduar has a volcano? I'm confused. XD Elaborate please!

10+ Year Old Account

Theres a Titan Artifact down there. The Iron Forge, which the Bronzebeards found, and kept it locked away, to protect it. Which is why i guess they have it locked up.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Iron_Forge

---------- Post added 2010-12-18 at 06:36 PM ----------

Ulduar has a volcano? I'm confused. XD Elaborate please!
    In the Iron Concourse of whatever its called, the Forge is at the base of a volcano. You can even see lava running down it.