Deleted

Necrotic Strike stacks?

How many stacks can a deathknight have on a target in an ideal situation? Do you guys think this ability is a bit overpowered since the deathknight class already has a few low cd interupts + a silence.

I die very fast to most decent DK's (almost as fast as to warriors), I am a priest with 2600 resilience.

I'm sorry I have a question... I keep reading about DK's Necrotic Strikes stacking. At first I thought it meant if multiple DK's hit the same target with NS then they all will work but I believe everyone means that if I spam 4 NS in a row (each absorbing say 5k damage), then it will absorb 20k heals from him? I just wanted to clear this up because I have been looking at the enemies debuff bar and I don't see the x1, x2, x3 modifier on NS.

I can confirm that it stacks. I used it a few times in a row and it absorbed 26k.

I didnt know this...thats pretty awsome.

10+ Year Old Account
    it stacks infinitely (as far as we know) until you either let the debuff fall of or the healing is absorbed. if you keep necrotic strike up on a target dummy it will stack beyond anything a player could heal through =P

Deleted
    img507.imageshack.us/img507/4649/clipboard01ha.jpg

I can't post links or images yet

Necrotic Strike only stacks from the person casting it.

I believe if two Death Strikes are both using Necrotic Strike on the same target, they will keep overwriting each other instead of stacking.

I could be wrong though...

But back onto the subject, ive managed to stack up to 60k Necrotic Strikes on a Druid in Battlegrounds.

It is OP and i can imagine it getting nerfed at some point as all healers, except paladins, are unable to do anything about it as the debuff has no clarification.

This will no doubt be changed to a magic or a diseases so that it can be dispelled.

Deleted
    How frequently can a DK spam necrotic strike in an ideal situation?

In 6-8 seconds my friend has a 60k-70k Necrotic Strike on me...

I have never dueled him ever since... I cry... I'm a Healer, DK's make me cry.

They just need to do Festering Strike 2 times and then they can unleash 6 Necrotic Strike back to back and then get 2 more up like 6 seconds later.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlander View Post
    How frequently can a DK spam necrotic strike in an ideal situation?
    At worst, he can use Necrotic Strike every 8 seconds.

At best, he can use Necrotic Strike 8-10 times in a row (assuming the stars alligned, your death coil procced faster rune regen [or instant depending on spec] and you have 4 death runes and you popped Empower Rune Weapon).

On Average though, i can usually do it 3 times in a row every 10 seconds.

One thing to remember though, in order to use Necrotic Strike we have to trade it off for a big chunk of damage as all it does is the same damage as a normal weapon strike... however i can see that getting nerfed to maybe 60%.

Deleted
    The low damage tradeoff for necrotic strike far more than outweighs the damage lost compared to doing a "normal" attack.

Even just the healing absorb would be enough, the 30% cast speed reduction is just a slap in the face - hello free interrupts.