Question on ENH openner

Hey there. I recently switched to enh shaman from fury warrior because my guild didnt have any shaman at all. I'm experimenting currently, and I use the following openner:

Totems, UE, FS, SS, LL Lightning bolt when able and earth shocking when flamshock is still up.

My reasoning for using LL a little bit later than usual is to get at least 2-3 stacks up, doing this ends up critting ~27k or so.

The question I have is whether or not this is correct. I'm usually doing anywhere between 11-13k DPS in heroics, depending on a standstill fight or movement. Does anyone else use this?

What I tend to do is..
    1. UE
    -It has a longer range than anything
    -FS if I'm still not near the boss
    3. Totems
    -If near the boss then do this before FS
    4. Lava Lash

Then around this time you should be situation for the standard priority queue.
    1. Search feature never works for me 2. No, there isn't a thread answering exactly what I'm asking for

Nothing wrong with what you're doing really. The way I handle it is the way BlueRising does, although I'll usually drop a FT totem before I run in, to get the 6% SP buff for my UE and FS, then I'll drop all totems if I'm close to the boss. Then I'll start the priority. I don't personally push LL to wait for ticks to gather. By the time LL is back up, there will be a fully applied amount of ticks.

Also, keep in mind that MW_5 should not be #1 priority. It's high up there, but its not #1.
    Last edited by PaintOnASign; 2010-12-19 at 03:52 AM.

From what I read it's second priorty, first being LL. Well as long as what I'm doing is fine then I'll continue what I'm doing. Thanks to both of you.

Ive actually been getting pretty good numbers by flame shocking as I run in, then UE stormstrike earthshock and then my LL, same reason as the op, to build a few stacks before letting my lava lash off, also my reason for flameshocking first and not using my UE first is so i can use the flametounge unleash on lava lash as opposed to it being consumed by using flame shock which i assume (i havent actually crunched the numbers) would be a dps loss

prty sure ivv read somewhere on these forums that unleash elements does not effect lava lash because its not considered a spell rather then a melee ability

hmm that might be true...... i know it consumes the buff though..... so i dunno

did the forum research and yeah seems i was wrong..... that sucks
    Last edited by mmaluso; 2010-12-18 at 11:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaluso View Post
    hmm that might be true...... i know it consumes the buff though..... so i dunno

did the forum research and yeah seems i was wrong..... that sucks
    The only spells that can use the 20% bonus from UE are Flame Shock, Lava Burst and Fire Nova.

I have set up a macro to use a spirit-walkers grace when I am far away from the boss before engaging. In this case I flame shock -> Unleash -> Spirit Walk(as its off GCD) -> Lava Burst

When we start in the boss's range I just use Unleash -> Flame Shock first and then hit the normal priority.

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    prty sure ivv read somewhere on these forums that unleash elements does not effect lava lash because its not considered a spell rather then a melee ability
    mm
    LL isnt affected by UE because it isnt a spell yet i get partial resists when using it in pvp, lame huh
    "Bring the player, not the shaman"
    Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGuardian View Post
    When Blizzard get that dollar sign look in their eyes... anything is possible.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/omybad/

never thought about dropping flame tongue for the run in and then dropping my normal dps set after that. That extra dmg on the 1st UE and FS is a good idea.

I never though about it either. Then again, I'm the one that rerolled, so my knowledge of the class is somewhat poor. I'd say it's a good idea as well, but how much of an increase in DPS are you seeing?