Question Which class of tanks have you seen do the most damage in raids / heroics?

I was in a hsfk last night and saw this warrior doing 11k dmg on the bosses. I thought to myself, how do paladins / dk's or bears stack up to that kind of dmg output? Please feel free to respond with your experiences with tanks. Please try not to class flame, Id like to have this post be positive!

That was me

Rather.. that is usually me. For some reason as a tank I'm "often" the top dps and damage done - especially for trash (obviously some aoe going on). Not complaining tho... warriors should hit like trucks!

Deleted
    He probably took shit loads of damage or he was wearing DPS gear. Might also be both.

I can push 15k as a Bear when I have Berserk up with Vengeance stacked - sit at around 25-30k AP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Deleted
    Warriors and paladins. Sometimes druids. DK's are on the bottom. xD (me *sigh*)

10+ Year Old Account
    PROT WARRIORS. Oh my god. In all our attempts and kill of Halfus this week, our war tank was topping the meters (on 25man!). On the kill, he hit 38k dps.
    To quote the great sage Ook Ook, "you can take the derk out of the jib, but you shouldn't put the jib in the derk."

Im unsure of the exact context, but my guild linked damage meter after they killed some new raid boss, and our MT bear druid was highest dps @ 20k dps at the boss fight.

Deleted
    Warrior > Paladin > Druid > > > > > > Death Knight.

From what I've seen, Death Knights are quite a lot behind on damage. Only time I've seen a tank ahead is on trash though.

Quote Originally Posted by raze664 View Post
    Warrior > Paladin > Druid > > > > > > Death Knight.

From what I've seen, Death Knights are quite a lot behind on damage. Only time I've seen a tank ahead is on trash though.
    pfft I would rank it Warrior, Druid, dk/paladin tied. I tank mostly on my dk, but tank on paladin too. The damage from the two is comparable but nothing compared to my druid or what our warrior tank pulls.

That's how it should be though. Dps should be concentrating on one target, so a tank is throwing down plenty of aoe damage.
    Last edited by unkn0wnerr0r; 2010-12-19 at 02:10 AM.

do not talk about this ! blizzard will nerf vengenze when thay read topics like this SHhhhhhhhh.

oh well i dont relly have recount and we havent killed any bosses yet, but iv been told from random players in random heroics that my dmg is insane.. so meh i guess we do okay

Paladins (least the tank I Heroic with) hits like trucks on trash because of the Maxed out vengeance buff and the obsured amount of AoE they can put out, Regular 15k+ on the bigger trash packs. Single target about 4-5k normally, Up-to 6-7k with Wings and Inquisition(Think its that).
    "In the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't. You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair... but that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

The Main, The Alt, The Pretender

Vengeance needs to be toned down.