When to use Glyph of Innervate.

I have been wondering for quite a while now, even after a lot of testing. When should you use glyph of innervate? When will it benefit most? When you are feral? Moonkin or resto? Or does it all depend on your gear, mana pool and/or mana regen?

I really don't seem to figure it out, because at the moment, it seems like the amount is equal, wether I have it glyphed or not.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Both me and my fellow resto druid uses it in our 25man raid. We then innervate eachother instead of ourself. an extra 10k mana

glyph of innervate is mostly for resto druids. As warrcry said you can coordinate with other resto druids and innervate each other or if you are the only resto druid you can use it on another healer if they are having mana problems. There is definitely no reason to use it as feral. You could use it as balance an innervate your healers but you are probably better off using a dps glyph and then picking up some more regen talents if you need the mana.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 restos in the same raid is really the only reason you should have it. Fairly sure boomkin have better glyphs to use and no feral will glyph it over a feral glyph.

You wont be throwing your innervate on anyone else without them putting one on you for a very long time, so if you don't raid with another resto, use something else.

You should be swapping innervates if you have 2 resto druids in the raid. It's an extra 9.5k mana and at this point every little bit helps. You can also have your boomkin use his innervate ( if it's glyphed) on one of the healers.

So, if there are 2 resto druids in a raid, would they get more mana out of the innervate? (if they both have it glyphed) than if they used it on themselves? This could prove quite clever since we raid with only-druids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you will give them 100% of your innervate while you get 50%. They give you 100% of their innervate and get 50%. So you're both getting 50% more than normal.

OMG - I have to ask the guild to get it glypphed, and we'll "team up" when we need to innervate eachother!

That will be so epic - then even the feral druids can get it glyphed, and throw it into the healers or moonkins. How epic is that!

Thanks so much for the help guys. It will help us all a lot with maintaining our mana.

Just to the others, there aren't really any DPS increasing major balance glyphs besides Starfall. Boomkins probably will be using it situationally.

Well it would be great, because previously our main dps source has been moonkins, maybe once in a while we've had 1 dps as feral kitty. But indeed it could be cool, if we could plan the raid, so people innervated eachother instead of themselves.

Man! This is really a benefit when raiding with only druids then!