Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    From a holy paladin perspective who wants to try out Retri for heroics/raiding aswell got a little question; Do u really just watch that CLCret and push whatever pops up? doesn't it feel unsatisfying? (serious question, no troll)

Also, I tried this addon in the past (wotlk) on a dummy once and found myself having better dps when following the rotation by heart, (could've been because it wasn't set up properly maybe or i didnt spend enough time on it)

Anyway is it worth playing ret with that addon? (no troll)

It wasn't as needed in the early stages of Wrath, if that's what you're referring too. It became necessary at T10 with the resetting of Divine Storm, at least thats when I first started noticing that I 'needed' it.
    I usually don't STARE at it, but it's in a place where I can ALWAYS see it, but also maintain a large amount of room in the middle of my screen.
    You're welcome to try Ret without CLCRet/CLCInfo, but I feel that it is definitely needed, especially with Ret in its current state.

You end up losing reaction time, especially with procs now. The only way not to do this would be to not queue up spells and wait until the GCD is finished before hitting something, and that's a DPS loss.

Maloriak down and the video is now available.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    Maloriak down and the video is now available.
    Grats, gonna go check the video now and subscribe to your channel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckwin View Post
    Can people even play Ret properly without CLCRet or CLCInfo now? Like...effectively?
    The addon is purely amazing, regardless if you think it makes things 'easy' or 'no skill'. Ret is disgustingly RNG and you pretty much NEED the addon.

on topic: I do like your UI. :3
    Yes but it's fairly amusing to watch these so called 'amazing players' with an addon that tells them what button to press next and they still fuck it up it's seriously baffles me, Yes they can be 'rusty' but the fucking addon is telling you what to press and when to wipe your ass.

-edit, good watch & video anywho
    Last edited by mmocb757bedf5f; 2010-12-20 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velion View Post
    Yes but it's fairly amusing to watch these so called 'amazing players' with an addon that tells them what button to press next and they still fuck it up it's seriously baffles me, Yes they can be 'rusty' but the fucking addon is telling you what to press and when to wipe your ass.
    If we were just your average mouth-breathing ret pallys, we would either: a) not need the addon because we are tunneling hard enough to see all the procs, or b)wouldn't care enough or know any better because we're oblivious to the world.

As is the case with almost every first kill for a guild, survival is the single most important factor. Staying out of the shit that'll kill you and others is priority #1. If we were that comfortable with the fight on the very first pull, there would be no reason for the rotation mistakes. This ain't Hogger, bud. There are a lot of mechanics in this fight that'll kill you and your partners quick.

Without that addon, my dps would have been absolutely abysmal. So much time is spent looking elsewhere on the screen that having it there means I can get back into the rotation rather easily. Subsequent boss kills will likely be much smoother and yield much cleaner results.

If you want I can go ahead and wait until we've killed the boss a few times then pick out the cleanest video for the purpose of posting here. That won't do much good because it'll be too little too late by that point, but if you really want that pretty and clean kill...... I digress. I have fed you enough already.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Hey prentice if you want you can add my magmaw video to your collection, of videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1UNDV4j5c8 for ret, i also do allot of bad things i this video.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladewind View Post
    Hey prentice if you want you can add my magmaw video to your collection, of videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1UNDV4j5c8 for ret, i also do allot of bad things i this video.
    Thanks for posting it. Hopefully I'll get a good recording of this fight on Tuesday for my own videos, but the more the merrier.

PS. I'll have to wait until this evening to check out your video. Probably shouldn't do that from work if you know what I mean.

Thanks for posting it. Hopefully I'll get a good recording of this fight on Tuesday for my own videos, but the more the merrier.

PS. I'll have to wait until this evening to check out your video. Probably shouldn't do that from work if you know what I mean.
    Completely agree

Great videos, looking forward to see more of them.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

Prentice, your music choices make me smile inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Peadoughbare View Post
    Prentice, your music choices make me smile inside.
    Admit it. You're a Ke$ha fanboi.

Admit it. You're a Ke$ha fanboi.
    Ohhhh yes. Gotta love her.

Updated the OP to include the videos of everyone that has shared their kill videos thus far.

Wish I had a good enough comp to record videos :S.

P.S. Wish I had srs guildies so that I actually can get in a raid . Our GM postponed 25s till this Wednesday cuz people "weren't over 340 ilvl" ... Like it's needed.

wtb requital vids

If someone wants to see a top 20 dps ret (from wotlk, I haven't started to dps until this week in raids), I can try to get some kind of recording system going, pending someone who is gosu at that stuff can help me so my computer doesn't explode in raids.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cruising around mmo-champ and saw this thread. Hi Innocense, glad to see you still raiding and active. Free bump!

Also, they told me to post this a while ago but I've been lazy.

I have quite a few wrath videos as well, I will be subscribing to your channel as well. My guild really isn't raiding seriously until after the holidays but except some up from me around that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eis View Post
    Cruising around mmo-champ and saw this thread. Hi Innocense, glad to see you still raiding and active. Free bump!

Also, they told me to post this a while ago but I've been lazy.
    Rofl. Hi Schrei. Grats to Astras. I don't doubt that SM made leveling to 85 a bit less painful even if he/she didn't get to use it while it was relevant. Probably had something to do with earlier SM's going to officers for their off-specs. Maybe not.

---------- Post added 2010-12-21 at 03:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jämeson View Post
    I have quite a few wrath videos as well, I will be subscribing to your channel as well. My guild really isn't raiding seriously until after the holidays but except some up from me around that time.
    I had intended this thread for Cataclysm raids. WotLK didn't even cross my mind. The intent here was mostly to allow the ret community here to see how other players are handling different fights. A bit of a tutorial, but not really. This wasn't intended to be an old school ret video thread.
    Last edited by Prentice; 2010-12-21 at 03:53 AM.