Thread: Healing Fatigue

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    As a tank I dont chap the healers ass for wipes unless you can blatantly tell they are letting you die without reason.

It's stressful for everyone. Tanks and Healers require awareness and coordination. DPS worry about CC and damage. Now this is me personally. Do some pvp as a healer. Study damage intake and how much healing you can put out to survive. Do this a couple of times.

I havent been a healer in years. On my tanks though I will usually switch to my tanking spec and enter BG's to see how long I can survive in certain situations so that in dungeons I can imitate some of what I studied.

I don't know what the OP is going on about, healing is actually fun now... You have to be smart, use the correct heals for the situation, actually use well thought out strategy instead of the old whack a mole where a small amount of lag or a misclick/mis-keybind caused a wipe.

What I personally think the OP is getting at is the fact that healing is a challenge now and like most people in this game isn't really up to it.

hc dungeon level is nice as it is with good group, doable with ok group, but big fail with bad group. Unfortunately 90% (made up stat) are bad..so levelling archaeology.

healing is fun even in fail groups to a point...and that point is 2 hours in a single dungeon explaining to 30+ players how to do something basic. i give up.

Deleted
    I think u answered your own question mate and depending on what you want the game for dictates what u want to do. Let's be honest healing has been some what of a diddle for so long that blizzard recognised this and made it a challenge. While I mean no disrespect u have healed through the easiest times if the game and thus have been relaxed. I think now it is stressful but I am so glad it is because healing was becoming dull. I think if it's something that u don't enjoy mate then u answered your own question and need to resource and/or re roll.

I hope to good blizzard don't make it easier again as there has been so many of us crying for a change for some many years that i truly hope it stays this way.

I wish you all the best with whatever u decide tho mate.

I gotta agree with most people, I liked the new healing model Blizzard put there, but I gotta agree that healing is too stressful. I usually try to heal one dungeon, peeps get a huge bunch of damage from avoidable damage, and who feels punished for their mistakes is the healer, even if it wasn't your falt.

Blizz says that the healer job is to keep everyone alive, but I feel like I didn't do a good job if someone dies because they took 2 extra ticks of a fire then get hit by an unavoidable AoE and die. Also, Blizz put too many mechanisms that are insta-kills and are a bit hard to move (considering the random dungeon gameplay level) of the people. The best example is the worm at Stonecore. Everytime I do it, someone gets hit by the worm, and that's really sad.

I won't say mana is a real concern right now, you can't just cheat the heroic ilvl requirement to heal, because, unless you have a great group, you ain't gonna have enough mana to heal at all, but feeling punished by other's people mistakes is what makes healing stressful. (I said FEEL PUNISHED, not that you are responsible for the other player's lack of awareness).

PS: Tauren Priest Female rocks! (Yes, I am one )

Someone's sig, ages ago, said that healing is 80% boring and 20% total blind panic.

In wrath i kinda agreed with that but now its both different and the same.
    There's a lot more strategy to it for one thing, rather than focusing on the pure amount of heals being pumped out you have to rely on mana conservation a lot more.

i too go through regular periods of feeling disenchanted with the whole healing role but i always go back to it, its the role im best at and overall enjoy most, scattered around realms and all levels i have characters with healing offspecs, 2 priests, a shammy and a druid all in the everlong process of being levelled up.

this isnt so much advice as telling you what i do when bored of Holy (paladin) healing, give another class a try!
    You learn so much from other classes, even at low levels. Before about 3 weeks ago i had virtually no idea how resto shammies worked (had a vague sense of earth shield tank - spam chain heal for aoe etc) but tried it out for a few levels and really enjoyed it.
    Most of all it made me want to heal again on my main.
    Last edited by Saethwyr; 2010-12-20 at 10:36 AM. Reason: just tailed off mid sentence
    medicus quercum, venit.
    One's soldiers should not yell abuse at the enemy. "Arouse a bee and it will come at you with the ferocity of a dragon." - Takeda Nobushige

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka View Post
    I don't know what the OP is going on about, healing is actually fun now... You have to be smart, use the correct heals for the situation, actually use well thought out strategy instead of the old whack a mole where a small amount of lag or a misclick/mis-keybind caused a wipe.

What I personally think the OP is getting at is the fact that healing is a challenge now and like most people in this game isn't really up to it.
    This isn't it. Healing (for me at least) isn't hard. My mana regen is perfectly fine, my heals go for enough. Maybe it's a high effort - low reward thing, where healers have to do their best in order to succeed. Also, in a dungeon there are hardly any instances where you can relax for a bit. There is little 'easy' trash, because all trash has it's own mechanics, and one failed cc can get things fucked up.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

I think healing has been extremely easy before and many people were healers just because of that.

actually i find the stress factor in healing a good thing. if i wanted stress-less game id play hello kitty.
    look at it this way, noone forces you to heal heroics while your gear is in the state where you have to cheat with ilvl. stick to regular 5 mans and you will have nice, relaxing time.

I'm never really stressed while healing. In fact, when I get put under a lot of pressure, I find it really challenging and fun to just start churning out spells left and right to keep everything alive and tidy!

I've played a priest since vanilla, so the new healing model wasn't hard and didn't take long for me to adapt.

I actually do feel it's more fun and interactive rather than mashing buttons and keeping them on cool down though.

In BC/WOTLK, it was all about just mashing Flash Heal and keeping Mending and Circle of Healing on count downs and hope the smart heals do their best.

Right now in Cataclysm, I'm always throwing out Heal and waiting for the right time to toss out Greater Heal, HW: Serenity and Mending. Damage isn't always constant, but when AOE damage is starting to get rampant on the group, that's when you need to tap into that inner skillful priest and pick the right spells out. Because time is short and a second late, your tank may be dead and an impending wipe is in session.

This thread had promise. But unfortunately has now derailed into whether or not the OP or anyone agreeing with him was spoiled by Wrath.

Stress induced burnout kills WoW. The new environment with PuGs unsurprisingly causes stress. People do one of three things:
    Not run with PuGs. Not heal. Or keep trudging along.

That's it, that's all. Fatigue hits us all sooner or later.

I extend best wishes to anyone in this predicament, whether they were "wrath babies" or not, and encourage others to do the same.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~