How to farm 15+ stacks of Embersilk Cloth per hour!

I recently made this guide to help out leveling tailors, or just some peepz in need of gold

You should be able to acquire atleast 15+ stacks of Embersilk Cloth per hour following this guide!

warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=170483

Happy farming!

Deleted
    Nice find!

I will stick to my BSing shields & engineering pets though. 5k per hour > 15x20 embersilk cloth per hour.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    Nice find!

I will stick to my BSing shields & engineering pets though. 5k per hour > 15x20 embersilk cloth per hour.
    a stack of embersilk was going for like 1k at least on my realm just the other day lol

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    Nice find!

lol! people actually pay 5k gold for non-combat pets!? o_o.

Quote Originally Posted by brum21 View Post
    I used to sell disgusting oozlings for 6-8k and i remember selling a hyacinth mccaww for 16k. I have one sitting on the AH right now for 12. 12k seems alot to some people i guess, but those who actually put time into figuring out how to make efficient gold can make that in a week without much trouble or really any major time investments. I'd spend slightly more time making that 12k than i would spend brushing my teeth each week.
    Last edited by xile; 2010-12-18 at 11:58 PM.

Deleted
    Best part of this is that these mobs aren't part of a daily quest so nobody will be annoyed by you constantly grinding them

Question, the potion doesn't say tol barad, but it obviously must work there if you are getting cloth. Is there any other areas where you have seen it working without it being in the tooltip?

Quote Originally Posted by Tandurin View Post
    Best part of this is that these mobs aren't part of a daily quest so nobody will be annoyed by you constantly grinding them
    Yes, they are a part of dailies.
    "Kill XX Restless Infantary."
    "Acquire Scrap from Restless Front"

Something like those.

is the pot supposed to work? or they gonna hotfix it?

Someone paid 25k for a Hyacinth Macaw on my server.

The really sick thing is that I bought it off the AH for 1g.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Stop looking for sense in a game that mails you dragons.

Tbh I noticed that spot yesterday, but silk in general is so rare that it stood out immediatley when the mobs were dropping stacks of 5.

Actually, watching the mage just spam ice lance crits for 18k over and over is pretty sad. No other class can remotely do that kind of damage instant cast and on the run.

The potion working may just be an error from Blizzard. I have no real idea whether it's intended or not. Either way, might as well take advantage of it while possible .

Also, the non-combat pets selling for 15k blows my mind, I always knew about the macaw from STV selling for that much though :P.

But yeah, I never get bugged much when it comes to opposing farmers and/or questers. The occasional Alliance gank happens, though.

European realms: Currently I'm not getting any chests with the potion active from these mobs...
    Nevermind, I got one. Didn't realise the drop chance was this low.
    Last edited by Iacom; 2010-12-19 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iacom View Post
    European realms: Currently I'm not getting any chests with the potion active from these mobs...
    Nevermind, I got one. Didn't realise the drop chance was this low.
    I usually get around ~20 per hour so I'm assuming the drop rate is anywhere from 4-7%. Maybe lower.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    I used to sell disgusting oozlings for 6-8k and i remember selling a hyacinth mccaww for 16k. I have one sitting on the AH right now for 12. 12k seems alot to some people i guess, but those who actually put time into figuring out how to make efficient gold can make that in a week without much trouble or really any major time investments. I'd spend slightly more time making that 12k than i would spend brushing my teeth each week.
    Yeah, I have made about 10k without even trying this expansion. 80-85 on two different characters gave me about 3k gold per from questing alone plus selling greens that couldn't replace my ICC 277's.

Deleted
    The potion is really good when used anywhere with a high concentration of mobs, Deepholm has some pretty good grinding spots, as have Tol Barad.

I made 19.5 stacks of Embersilk by grinding mobs in Deepholm without a chance of dropping cloth in the first place, all the cloth was from the chests.

Also recieved 300g, 290g in trash quality items. I paid 300g for the potion in the first place so I made my money back easily. I haven't even started counting or pricing up my volatiles.

Yeah I started grinding that spot a few days ago after I noticed how high the drop rates were in TB. That area is especially nice since they ignore you for the most part and you can just pick off the low hp mobs at your leisure

Deleted
    No, but I can sell many in an hour.