Melee dps 40min que

its hard as melee dps to get a group at least my server when they come up after a 40min wait ... most times the heals arent enough or the group drops out.. what are some other ways of getting gear..
    The sun has set on this mortal world fools make peace with your end for the hour of twilight falls!

yeah it isnt fair but its not like blizzard can make people play heals and tanks.

Yeah we know it sucks, pay a tank like 50g to que with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Solutions:
    Find a group from trade chat that has a brain.
    Run with fellow guild members.
    Run with friends.
    Buy a tank and or healer that has a brain.
    Suck it up and multitask while you wait.

no its not blizzards fault .. but not gonna quit my class just because times get rough .. im just saying are there other ways of getting gear enough to raid?

---------- Post added 2010-12-18 at 06:58 PM ----------

ok thanks guys
    The sun has set on this mortal world fools make peace with your end for the hour of twilight falls!

Deleted
    If you can offspec as a tank and use that to get you the marks.

Do what i do, adventure around whilst queueing.

Daily normal JPs, craftables and reputations will only get you so far... And it's not enough to seriously raid.

But, if you would have gear right now...
    Who are you going to raid with? If you don't have a guild to run heroics with, with whom are going to run raids?

i have a guild but they have there own lil 5 man squads or buddy buddy system.. so im singled out cuz i dont have good cc like range .. thats what i been told at least i know unholy has a 3 sec stun lol what good is that in heroics

Quote Originally Posted by Deathwing Aspect Of Death View Post
    i have a guild but they have there own lil 5 man squads or buddy buddy system.. so im singled out cuz i dont have good cc like range .. thats what i been told at least i know unholy has a 3 sec stun lol what good is that in heroics
    Sounds like you're in the wrong guild. Fish around a bit and look for a guild that's more suited to your needs - unholy might not being much CC to heroics, but any good guild know the value of an unholy that knows their class. If you haven't already, take a look at this, whatever you do, DO NOT EVER use "the patient" title, and be honest about your ability and experience. Sooner or later, you'll get the guild - and groups - that should help you progress.

Good luck!

You can cut our wings, but we will always remember what it was like to fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best way to pass the time IMO is to just do your Dailies and things like that while waiting for the queue, anything that keeps you busy pretty much, coz i don't see it getting fixed anytime soon, or ever in that subject.

15+ Year Old Account
    Moved to Raids & Dungeons.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

I don't like like that people say go with players with a brain.

I mean everybody got a brain and can think you just want skilled players. Maybe english is not my native language but I sounds incorrect to me.

So how to obtain better gear:
    - dailies from specific factions
    - lvl 85 normal dungeons wearing a tabard
    - professions like tailoring, leatherworking, blacksmithing (depends on class)
    - rare epics on AH if you got gold

I don't know much more, but you can watch videos from heroic encounters

true true all true

It'll fix itself over time, and the queue time will go down.

As it stands right now,
    - X percentage of the playerbase isn't 85 yet
    - X percentage of those 85s haven't met the ilvl requirements for heroics yet
    - Heroics are taking a good bit of time now (at least a lot longer than wrath), so those who do queue are investing a lot of time in one dungeon

Compare that towards the end of wrath, when everyone was 80, everyone had gear (not that there were requirements anyway), and heroics took 15-20 minutes, so everyone was going in and out of LFD constantly. DPS queue times at that point where in the 10-15 minute range, and I suspect they'll get closer to that as time goes on.

It's not too bad for me, given that I have stuff to do in the mean time - whether it be dailies, gathering ore, or just alt-tabbing to read MMO.

One thing I am doing (despite loving to tank, wrath babies/pugs make me want to never pve again) to get gear without the pain in running heroics is buying crafted gear. I am an engineer, so I will be getting the goggles. I have a BS guildmate who will make me the 3 tanking pieces that are epic once I finish gathering the materials.

Expensive? Yes, but I didnt have an ulcer farming the gold preparing for this like I would going through heroics and normals for hours only to have a *chance* at tank gear dropping. Between crafted gear, boe gear and rep gear from factions, you can get quite the hefty set to go with, despite the expensive cost. Worth it in my opinion to not lose my hair over the stress of pugs. :-P

Plus once your gear gets good by those sources you can afford the occasional moron because your gear supports it. Good luck bro

Quote Originally Posted by Zark View Post
    yeah it isnt fair but its not like blizzard can make people play heals and tanks.
    No, but he can run with a guild group and not have this problem in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whysomadbrah View Post
    no, but he can run with a guild group and not have this problem in the first place.
    qft.......

I like that you specify Melee dps queue. As if any other DPS doesn't have to wait as long as you. Fuck.