Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Voiceless ones shouldn't have mouths! Mouths gives voices! =P I like the artworks.

while i commend the effort you have put into this. it's not for me. 1. not interested in the spider lore at all. 2. hated the dull boring lifeless drab place that is northrend and the less time i have to spend there the better.

i do like the idea of gaining levels by doing things and not just gaining experience. what these things should be i don't know. tbh i would be happy if the level cap wasn't raised in the next expansion and instead either somehow reset to 60(practically impossible without rendering lots of raids and also outland/northrend(notexactly a loss that one )parts of azeroth as useless) or we did something else instead. since when you think about it levelling is basically pointless as once you hit the level cap you just do what you did in the last expansion but with more hp and higher dps/tps/hps. and levelling only serves as something new for the week or so it takes you to do those new levels.

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    looked good to me ...well all excpet gundrak...that would completely get rid of that instance and blizzard hasnt gotten rid of any yet.
    No, the Gundrak dungeon is still there, just with a couple renamed bosses. The dungeon took place entirely underground, so it's been unaffected. The upper temple was rebuilt into a massive portal by the Twilight Hammer, but they left the underground dungeon alone. Specific changes are here.

The only 5-man I've removed is Oculus, because the rings around the Nexus have been destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowWolf View Post
    Wow please teach me to draw so i can concept mine as well.

Any advice?
    Just keep drawing a ton. Everyone improves with practice. When you're ready to produce stuff, sketch it in light pencil first so you can erase any mistakes you make, then go over it with a darker pencil or pen - that's what I do. This is even easier if you have a scanner and an art program like photoshop. Look around the web for references and tutorials for anything specific - there's even great stuff on youtube. I like conceptart.org too.

Quote Originally Posted by orcshaman24 View Post
    I do think it probably could use more of course, given people hated how small cata felt to them, and this one seems smaller, but the concept, the story and ideas in place are excellent. Thumbs up.
    It may seem smaller in scale from the outset, but once I get into the nitty-gritty and start detailing the Spider Kingdom zones, I think it will rival Cata in amount of content. And, in any expansion, there's always patch updates to think about...

Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    Voiceless ones shouldn't have mouths! Mouths gives voices! =P I like the artworks.
    Not these mouths. The Voiceless speak with speaking. And besides, they have to eat somehow...

Thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by kintharis View Post
    while i commend the effort you have put into this. it's not for me. 1. not interested in the spider lore at all. 2. hated the dull boring lifeless drab place that is northrend and the less time i have to spend there the better.

i do like the idea of gaining levels by doing things and not just gaining experience. what these things should be i don't know. tbh i would be happy if the level cap wasn't raised in the next expansion and instead either somehow reset to 60(practically impossible without rendering lots of raids and also outland/northrend(notexactly a loss that one )parts of azeroth as useless) or we did something else instead. since when you think about it levelling is basically pointless as once you hit the level cap you just do what you did in the last expansion but with more hp and higher dps/tps/hps. and levelling only serves as something new for the week or so it takes you to do those new levels.
    You're in luck, cuz the Spider Kingdom isn't Northrend. And if you ever had to level an alt through the new Northrend content, hopefully the fact that it's been blasted to bejeezus and back would make things a little less boring.

I enjoyed Northrend myself, since it had higher quality visuals than previous expansions. I've felt like every expansion has had a theme that the environments were built around - Northrend, with its different arctic environments was obviously 'winter'. Burning Crusade's theme was 'alien worlds', and Cataclysm's was 'the four elements'. For the Spider Kingdom, I'd say the theme was very definitely 'underground', but also 'ancient cities'. Ruins of lost civilizations, nerubian and otherwise, are a big part of the visual style.

I agree that a new leveling system is needed to spice things up, and in a game that focuses so much on endgame content, there needs to be more to do once you inevitably hit that level cap. I'm hoping to address both issues with this concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    @ - Necrologic - This is very much just something I'm doing for fun, and incidentally refine my art skills. I have no illusions of this ever becoming real content, though I do hope that we'll see a Spider Kingdom zone/raid put in by Blizz at some point, and I'd be interested to see if I manage to predict anything. For that reason, I haven't given much thought to development time, gameplay considerations, or things along those lines - I've read that Blizzard hopes to one day advance the Northrend storyline to be in keeping with the current Cataclysm timeline, and so I've attempted to do so using as many existing lore elements as possible (such as bringing back Angerboda and making her into a major villain). While I am trying to make the expansion concept as plausible and realistic as possible, I'm not going to let myself be too constrained by it either.

I'm no stranger to the game design process, and I'd be lying if I said working for Blizzard wouldn't interest me. I'm happy where I am now though, and all this is really just a fan having some fun and sharing ideas. Thanks for posting!
    Your levelheadedness and maturity in reading and responding to criticisms gives me hope for you . I wish you the best. I think you're good enough for a concept artist position already, so keep getting noticed!

Thanks! I do my best.

Problem is: People who can't stand spiders..?

They get sent a free Collector's Edition.

It's just going to be a big ol' box of spiders.

Basically the last panel in this comic - http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/11/26/

spiders horrify me, cant even do the spider quests or run through the middle of Tol Barad peninsula...o.0...also...why why why why did you have to get rid of EVERY raid...ulduar should stay nuff said. yogg is back we know how blizz likes to rehash, make ulduar tuned to 93 xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

love it!
    Really good work

"I is fan, herp. I has idea, derp."

Everyone has ideas, the challenge is to actually make shit happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ZyngaFail View Post

Incorrect, not everyone has good ideas. This one is pretty different and interesting! If Blizzard keeps being an egocentric and monotomous designer this will not go live. BUT, I suggest you keep on with the work no matter what people here or in Blizzard say. Because one day you'll maybe want to work in a design team for a game company and this work of yours will be recognized.

On topic: Gief Starship Trooper zerg invasion all over Azeroth!!! :'D

Please oh please make a fan expansion for OUTLANDS
    they need revision RIGHT-NOW!
    Quote Originally Posted by biolink22 View Post
    rogue "glory hole helm"

Quote Originally Posted by Hethalion View Post
    Incorrect, not everyone has good ideas. This one is pretty different and interesting! If Blizzard keeps being an egocentric and monotomous designer this will not go live. BUT, I suggest you keep on with the work no matter what people here or in Blizzard say. Because one day you'll maybe want to work in a design team for a game company and this work of yours will be recognized.
    Except that's just not how it works in the real world.

Game Designers don't sit around and think about ideas. The largest portion of their time by far is spent on actually using an editor and getting the content into the game.

Except that's just not how it works in the real world.

Game Designers don't sit around and think about ideas. The largest portion of their time by far is spent on actually using an editor and getting the content into the game.
    In the market it's not about designing a house, but creating a house that draws the customer's interest. If there is no creativity (an idea) there is no compentence for you against 200 million other designers doing the same house. Welcome to the '10, where indians and chinese will feast on your conservative skills.

There is ''cool'' and there is ''insanely well made''. Your somewhere over both over these concepts! Keep it going, they may hire you...

I like it!
    Keep up bringing those nice ideas!

this is just awesome. honestly, Blizzard should hire your work is amazing, even more so considering you did all of this just because.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pok
    CC of WOTLK era=kill it faster. Why turn it into a sheep when you can turn it into a corpse.

Goddamn what an amazing thread.

You Me bed Now

Also, Azjol Nerub, or the spider kingdom, according to the books, they span across the entirety of Northrend, it was never fully realized in wrath of the lich king....they had so much unbelievably much potential......all wasted, what a unbelievable shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    spiders horrify me, cant even do the spider quests or run through the middle of Tol Barad peninsula...o.0...also...why why why why did you have to get rid of EVERY raid...ulduar should stay nuff said. yogg is back we know how blizz likes to rehash, make ulduar tuned to 93 xD
    Right now Ulduar is still there, just as an open questing area rather than a closed raid. The story marches onwards.

That sounds too much like work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hethalion View Post
    On topic: Gief Starship Trooper zerg invasion all over Azeroth!!! :'D
    I've been wondering if I should try to think of a 'launch event' type dealie. I liked the way the opening of the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj deposited Qiraji and Silithid forces all over Kalimdor. Not too sure how to get the nerubians around. It would be fun to have machine gun turrets pop up around all the major city entrances and and unleash wave after wave of bugs at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Please oh please make a fan expansion for OUTLANDS
    they need revision RIGHT-NOW!
    Bleah. Outlands does not appeal to me as much as Northrend. There aren't enough story hooks left there to mess with, and it's too far removed from Azeroth to involve the Twilight's Hammer or the Cataclysm. Perhaps I'll leave that to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Vehemence View Post
    Also, Azjol Nerub, or the spider kingdom, according to the books, they span across the entirety of Northrend, it was never fully realized in wrath of the lich king....they had so much unbelievably much potential......all wasted, what a unbelievable shame.
    Biggest bummer of Wrath for me was not getting an Azjol-Nerub zone. But maybe with Blizzard revisiting Burning Crusade content in Cataclysm, they might decide to take another stab at finishing it off for a patch or expansion furthur down the road. That'd be awesome.

I hate that Blizzard is never going to follow this design of yours.

Regardless, keep up the good work .