* Venture Bay has been flooded by the Cataclysm. Goblins have switched from deforestation to offshore oil drilling, and D.E.H.T.A
is not happy about it.
* The Cataclysm has caused Granite Springs to expand into a large hot springs. The Zul'aman gang has left and goblins have set up Soft Springs Resort
, a neutral quest hub. A number of Drakkari frost troll survivors are employed as servants.
* More of Drak'Tharon Keep's
un-instanced areas have been opened up. The Zul'Aman gang is all here, and ready to explore the troll ruins now that the Scourge has been largely cleared out. Scourge remnants remain in the Drak'Tharon Keep dungeon.
* The Wolf Cult in the region has been surplanted by Amal'thazad's Death Cult
. Plague Cauldrons are being shipped to areas throughout Grizzly Hills as Amal'thazad's forces plot to turn the area into a new Plaguelands.
* The Drakuru questchain has been removed - a plot involving Death Cult infiltrators working for Amal'thazad will take it's place.
* Blue Sky Logging Grounds
has become an elaborate phased area. The Cataclysm has dammed Blue Sky River at the source, causing the river to dry up all throughout Grizzly Hills. The logging operation has been forced to shut down, but the Alliance and the Horde continue to battle.
* Landslides have destroyed Amberpine Lodge. The nearby Blackriver Logging Camp is overrun with slimes and mindless undead.
has been taken over by Gilnean Worgen and become an Alliance town.
* Frosthorn Mountain in the south has gone volcanic, becoming Firehorn Mountain
. The surrounding area has been stained with ash and fire. The Horde have set up camp nearby.
* Things have gone from bad to worse for the local furbolg. The corruption of Yogg-Saron
has continued to spread despite the Old God's defeat at Ulduar. Undying tendrils infest the region around Grizzlemaw
, and the furbolg within are mutating into horrible monsters. Heart's Blood Shrine has expanded into a neutral quest hub where friendly furbolg seek help dealing with their troubles.
* The Twilight's Hammer have occupied Dun Argol. They are experimenting with the Iron Dwarf weapon forges.
* The eastern coast has been flooded. Mountain giants are warring with sea giants and naga.
* Shadowfang Tower
has been taken by Gilnean Worgen and become an Alliance quest hub. The Death Cult has infiltrated the town and is attempting to spread the Plague of Undeath.
* The Twilight's Hammer have occupied Thor Modan
to salvage the Iron Dwarf artifacts there.