Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd actually like to see this. Not so soon after wrath though. I'd like to see some expansion of outlands and then this.

Though, for next years april fools day post I think Blizz should post that this is the next exp.....and follow through with it...since their april fools jokes are terrible and easy to spot now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhozul View Post
    This continuity error may have been edited somewhere along the way in this 21+ page thread so forgive me if this has been addressed, but there is one major problem with your idea.

You mention that the Nexus is torn apart. And it is also clear that this version of Northrend is supposed to happen directly before the events of Cataclysm in order to fix the "time machine" issue. The problem with this is that in the Firelands, you NEED to go to the Nexus in order to appoint Kalecgos as the new Aspect of Magic. But if the Nexus gets destroyed previously to that ....

I think you see where I'm going with this.
    It's probably because he wrote most of the lore before 4.3, so he didn't know the nexus would be needed again. But that can easily be adressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I LOVE how much people put into April Fools Joke. It's awesome.. I think this is the best April Fools Joke I've seen all day.. Although the Evil Jaina was a cool joke too..Great work..
    Last edited by Angela; 2012-04-02 at 04:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that was fun. Anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by Gruul View Post
    Cool stuff. One of my biggest disappointments with WOTLK was how they handled Azjol-Nerub.

"Spider kingdom" is kind of a crappy name though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Margallo View Post
    How about Ancient Kingdom of Azjol-Nerub, but I love your ideas for this and damn for a fan expansion it does look awesome.
    With the release of Mists of Pandaria, I feel much better about many aspects of this concept, from overall theme to the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    However. Much of the lore doesn't fit Cataclysm's newer developments, especially when it comes to the Dragons and their powers. The Ley Lines would have been able to be corrected, because Kalec became the new Aspect of Magic. The Infinite Dragons are basically extinct now. Unless this, somehow, took place literally right after the Cataclysm, some of that lorewouldn't fit with the info we got in Cataclysm, especially patch 4.3.
    It actually fits pretty well. It took Malygos a lot of time and resources to realign Azeroth's ley lines, and he wasn't exactly being careful about it. Kalec was the Aspect of Magic for the proverbial blink of an eye, and he was focused on fighting Deathwing the entire time. Him losing Aspect status would make fixing the ley lines a lot more difficult.

As for the infinites, I like the idea of having the remainder of them lurking around the furthest reaches of the timeways, forever causing trouble. I also have this theory that their leader Murozond was a corrupt version of Nozdormu after he lost his Aspect status - meaning he was just a very powerful bronze dragon. So there's no real reason why another corrupted bronze dragon couldn't take Murozond's place...

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    It looks and sounds very cool, but I dislike the fact that you practically diminished all the Scourge threat in Northrend. The Lich King would of been completely possessed by now, as did Arthas at the beginning. The Scourge should still be the main enemy, and maybe some Necropolis's have fallen, but there should also be some that had risen. What happened to Icecrown Citadel exactly? Was it taken over by the Twilight's Hammer? Or is it still in Scourge possession? A great add on to the story is that the the Frostmourne has been re-forged by the same person who had stole it's remnants(Sylvanas) or the current Lich king has been completely corrupted.
    The Scourge had their expansion already - I wanted to focus on the evils rising up from Azeroth's underworld instead. There are still remnants of the Scourge scattered around Northrend, serving various powerful liches and death knights, but most of them are still being kept under wraps by Bolvar. Maybe he's just stronger than Arthas was...?

Re. your questions - Icecrown Citadel is under the control of the Knights of the Ebon Blade, led by Darion Mograine, and a few token forces of the Argent Crusade and Wyrmrest Accord. The Twilight's Hammer briefly took the outer chambers (the Halls of Reflection, etc.) but eventually retreated after capturing the saronite necropolis, Malykriss.

Frostmourne's shards are something that Blizzard clearly has plans for - I'm trying to avoid stepping on their toes, and focusing on stuff they haven't touched on as much. I do have a little story idea for a single shard that was lost...

Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    I love the concept. Too bad it will never happen. Instead we get pandas, farmville, pokemon and possibly zergatchi, which will be very much asked for by the players I suspect. Blizzard used to be run by badass raiders from EQ and we'd get bad ass games like vanilla and TBC, now it's run by money-grabbing greedy MBAs and we get pokemon/farmville/panda crap. Unf...ingbelievable... /end rant
    If nothing else, Panda-island expansion has proved that no idea is too limited to be expansion-worthy. We might yet be treking through Azeroth's underworld, one day...

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    You should work with Alcatraz, His raid in your expansion could be a wonderful idea.
    We've exchanged PMs. No plans to collaborate, but he's made some great stuff of his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhozul View Post
    You mention that the Nexus is torn apart. And it is also clear that this version of Northrend is supposed to happen directly before the events of Cataclysm in order to fix the "time machine" issue. The problem with this is that in the Firelands, you NEED to go to the Nexus in order to appoint Kalecgos as the new Aspect of Magic. But if the Nexus gets destroyed previously to that ....

I think you see where I'm going with this.
    I hadn't meant to imply that the Nexus was totally flattened - it's been damaged, but the dungeon area and the Eye of Eternity are still intact. The blue dragonflight and their struggle to restore the ley lines is a big part of a future storyline, so I was always planning to revisit these areas, and needed them to survive. Only the Oculus rings were completely destroyed, and the surrounding area of Coldarra was damaged.

These events could easily be moved to post-Cataclysm however, if it ever becomes an issue - the damage can be a result of the blue dragons attempting to repair the ley lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I LOVE how much people put into April Fools Joke. It's awesome.. I think this is the best April Fools Joke I've seen all day.. Although the Evil Jaina was a cool joke too..Great work..
    Well, I've been working on this for a while, so I had a bit of a head start...

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol omg this is funny and awesome!

Have to say good work for a fan-made info blog on a "joke" xpac, pretty cool imo though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that's right - update happening.

Terrormaw Hold
    The furbolg of Northrend were lured into the depths of the underworld and fell under the dark influence of Yogg-Saron. Living within the roots of the corrupted world tree, Vordrassil, they have transformed into monstrous creatures barely recognizable as the beings they once were. Liquid saronite has infested their bodies, granting them twisted metallic hide, fangs, and claws. In the depths of the Shadow Web Caverns, these furbolg have crafted a stronghold known as Terrormaw Hold.

Deep within the curling, crudely carved tunnels of their underground fortress, the corrupted furbolg have gathered together in great numbers to undertake a dark and terrible ritual. They seek to resurrect the bear god Ursol, as the furbolg of the Grizzly Hills did to the bear god's twin brother, Ursoc. This time, however, the furbolg are knowingly attempting to revive the Ancient as an evil, twisted version of himself, a dark reflection of his former glory. This abomination will then lead the corrupted furbolg to the surface, making war upon all those who dwell in the light.
    Bosses:

Ursol, the final boss, in Heroic Mode:

Bigger version here. Shur'nab, Yogg-Saron!

Maps

Hey... I was in Azjol Nerub on an alt and it reminded me of this thread. It was ages since I had last checked your wowpedia page, but it looks like your still working on it!Most people who have an expansion idea either do it half-arsed or never finish it at all and it's good to see that you're really going all out =P. I'm really looking forward to seeing your ideas for the Halls of Horror. And the Tribual of Restriction seems really interesting by the way...

Keep up the good work =)

This looks freaking amazing. Love it.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Havocz View Post
    Hey... I was in Azjol Nerub on an alt and it reminded me of this thread. It was ages since I had last checked your wowpedia page, but it looks like your still working on it!Most people who have an expansion idea either do it half-arsed or never finish it at all and it's good to see that you're really going all out =P. I'm really looking forward to seeing your ideas for the Halls of Horror. And the Tribual of Restriction seems really interesting by the way...

Keep up the good work =)
    Thanks Havocz. This project has fallen by the wayside a bit because I don't have the time to do big flash art bits much anymore, and I don't like to update without big flash art bits. But I am still poking away at the wowpedia pages to flesh out the last of the dungeons. Once it's all done I'll probably do one last big update to finish things off.

The bosses in terrormaw hold look really cool =)

Amazing stuff, I remember back in 2010 when you started this thread!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Thanks Havocz. This project has fallen by the wayside a bit because I don't have the time to do big flash art bits much anymore, and I don't like to update without big flash art bits. But I am still poking away at the wowpedia pages to flesh out the last of the dungeons. Once it's all done I'll probably do one last big update to finish things off.
    I don't usually post in threads started in 2010 but since it got resurrected yesterday and I'd never actually perused through it, I'll congratulate you on the work you put into it. It's a fun read. Since I'm something of an arachnophobe, it's probably not 100% my cup of tea but all said, it's pretty cool.

You know, Greg Street [Ghostcrawler] got his start in the business by including an Age of Empires scenario he designed with his resume. It happens.

Best to you.

Deleted
    The work you put into this is actually incredible!

Its nice to see work on this is still being done. The Ulduar sub structure and the roots of the failed world tree, really help to tie the stories that i feel were to disconnected in wrath.

Deleted
    I must say, I'm absolutely thoroughly impressed by your expansion concept for Azjol-Nerub. =)
    Being a huge fan of Northrend and Azjol-Nerub in particular (I was furious when Blizz shrunk it to a two-room dungeon), the idea of this expansion sits well with me indeed!

However, I myself have had quite a few ideas and suggestions I would like to put forward to you if you would consider listening to them? =)
    If you'd rather this project remained your own personal idea then I'm quite happy to keep my thoughts to myself but I had thought of a fair few ways to build on this expansion concept.

Do let me know what you think and if you're willing to look over my list of suggestions (baring in mind of course that you need not take any of them onboard).

Also, where did you learn to make zone maps like that and what did you use to make them? I've looked on google but can't seem to find anything.
    Last edited by mmoc50db34e0e8; 2012-11-14 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Additional question

i hate the idea of rewamping. We saw it failing brutaly in Cata, why do this to outlands or northren.. . no ... no way , i saw. Also the name "Spider Kingdom" sounds very corny and not at all good.

Other than that, i' like it. The idea of an expansion evolving around what we saw in wotlk in the Azjol-Nerub instances, i like that alot! Though i belive they should have a continent of their own, and that the name of the expansion would be something else than "Spider Kingdom".

How about "The Nerubian Empire" ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello, old thread!

Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    Amazing stuff, I remember back in 2010 when you started this thread!
    Ye gods, it has been a while, hasn't it. Really need to wrap this sucker up before I do a second b-day graphic. Almost ready for the last few updates...

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I don't usually post in threads started in 2010 but since it got resurrected yesterday and I'd never actually perused through it, I'll congratulate you on the work you put into it. It's a fun read. Since I'm something of an arachnophobe, it's probably not 100% my cup of tea but all said, it's pretty cool.

You know, Greg Street [Ghostcrawler] got his start in the business by including an Age of Empires scenario he designed with his resume. It happens.

Best to you.
    I do actually have a sweet gig doing some fun stuff (check out the ol' sig), so who knows, but that one day...

Quote Originally Posted by KingAelle View Post
    I must say, I'm absolutely thoroughly impressed by your expansion concept for Azjol-Nerub. =)
    Being a huge fan of Northrend and Azjol-Nerub in particular (I was furious when Blizz shrunk it to a two-room dungeon), the idea of this expansion sits well with me indeed!
    I'm glad it resonates.

However, I myself have had quite a few ideas and suggestions I would like to put forward to you if you would consider listening to them? =)
    If you'd rather this project remained your own personal idea then I'm quite happy to keep my thoughts to myself but I had thought of a fair few ways to build on this expansion concept.

Do let me know what you think and if you're willing to look over my list of suggestions (baring in mind of course that you need not take any of them onboard).
    Fire away. You can post 'em here if you like or shoot me a PM.

Also, where did you learn to make zone maps like that and what did you use to make them? I've looked on google but can't seem to find anything.
    Page 30, my good man!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...concept/page30

Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    i hate the idea of rewamping. We saw it failing brutaly in Cata, why do this to outlands or northren.. . no ... no way , i saw. Also the name "Spider Kingdom" sounds very corny and not at all good.

Other than that, i' like it. The idea of an expansion evolving around what we saw in wotlk in the Azjol-Nerub instances, i like that alot! Though i belive they should have a continent of their own, and that the name of the expansion would be something else than "Spider Kingdom".

How about "The Nerubian Empire" ?
    I would probably give the re-vamping a pass myself if this were a genuine developed project - personally, I just wanted to have some fun advancing the storyline and lead into the high-level stuff. All of the Twilight's Hammer story elements could probably be squeezed into some kind of pre-expac event, or told entirely within the revamped ICC dungeons.

But the name will forever remain Spider Kingdom! Even the nerubians call it that! "By Nerub! For the Spider Kingdom!"
    Last edited by Golden Yak; 2012-11-15 at 03:00 AM.

Deleted
    Well like I said, you needn't take any of these concepts on board but it might be helpful to give them a little consideration (I also grant that some of these alterations may seem a little drastic):

Rebranding:
    Like many others in this thread, I too share the sentiment that 'World of Wacraft: The Spider Kingdom' is a relatively weightless name and one that does not sit well on the ear. However, to introduce the main antagonist element I wished to suggest, let me put forward the name 'World of Warcraft: Rise of the Underking'
    This name fits well with the concept of the Nerubian expansion and also allows me to introduce the expansion's primary antagonist..

Anub'Arak
    Though many before sought to slay the mighty tomb king, he could not be so easily defeated. Maddened by the silence that befell him falling Arthas' fall, he began to retreat further back in to his dreaded city of the spider. There in the cavernous deeps, he headed the call of a new voice. One that was only just awakening, one who's hour of twilight yet lay before it. Strengthened by necrotic magic and twisted by the Twilight's Hammer's evil magic, Anub'Arak has become a paragon of the dark powers that dwell in Azjol-Nerub.

New Race: Vrykul
    Following the rise of the Lich King, the dark lord of the dead sought control of the mighty Vrykul people, appearing before the mighty King Ymiron as the Death God of their kind. Despite this sudden enthralment of the ancient, reawakened Vrykul, there were some who rejected this new deity of darkness. Vidar Ymironson, son of the king and of Queen Angerboda, opposed the Lich King and his sway and was exiled for it.
    Exiled from his people's ancestral home of the Howling Fjord, Vidar and his Varghelm followers fled outwardly across the sea. Discovering an island uninhabited (save for a few Naga) far off the coast of Kalimdor, he and his people settled there. Naming the island 'Vygarm', Vidar prepares from his island hold to retake Utgarde Keep by force and overthrow the rule of the Lich King and his puppet Ymiron forever.
    Classes Available:
    -Warrior
    -Hunter
    -Rogue
    -Priest
    -Shaman
    -Mage
    -Warlock

Racial Abilities:
    -Forgemaster: Blacksmithing skill increased by 15.
    -Heart of the Fjord: Reduces the duration of all freeze effects by 1 sec.
    -Rune of Victory: Cast a runic spell, increasing energy, focus and mana regeneration by 20% for 7 seconds. (30min cooldown)
    -Rebel: Increases resistance to charm and fear effects.

New 1-10 questing experience: Vygarm
    As one of the Varghelm Vrykul, it falls to your character to bolster the strength of Vidar's forces and retake the Howling Fjord for your worthy clan. Vygarm is an island of dark and sombre character, enveloped in a thin mist (almost reminiscent of Gilneas in some ways).
    Regions and Activity:
    1-5 Varghelm Village - You begin in Varghelm Village, among a crowd of Vrykul as Vidar gives an inspirational speech about the future of your people and your rightiousness and worthiness. You then descover that the coastal village is in fact under attack by Naga who have swum ashore in droves. Completing the 1-5 quest chain, Vidar will send you to Varghelm Keep in the center of the island.
    5-8 Varghelm Keep & Vygarm - The majority of your questing would take place on Vygarm's mainland, completing a number of tasks and facing a number of enemies. After completing a triggering quest at level 8 however, a cutseen plays where you see a Horde gunship fly overhead, under attack by swarms of Nerubian Flyers and Dwarven Gryphonriders (who are also trying to fight off the Nerubians) before being brought down. You are sent to investigate.
    8-9 Wildhammer Camp - Heading to the Wildhammer Camp, you meet with Biran Ironfeather who tells you of uncovering of Azjol-Nerub and the dangers that have amassed in the north. The Dwarves there send you on a small number of quests.
    9-10 Warsong Gunship Wreckage After heading back to Varghelm Keep, you meet with an Orc who sends you to the Warsong Gunship Wreckage. There you meet Nazgrel, who too was headed for Northrend. After completing the quest chain, ending with a big battle against a Nerubian Crypt Lord, Vidar meets with you and tells you that the Varghelm will need the Horde and Alliance's aid if they are to combat both the Vrykul and the Nerubians. You are then given the option to join the Alliance or Horde, much in the same way the Pandaren are.

Pit of Narjun
    Though I do like your alterations to Northrend, I felt too much was taken away and not enough was added if you get me? =)
    Therefore, rather than expanding the pit, I would introduce the Gate of Narjun, a Nerubian arch that leads in to...

Azjol-Anak: The New Kingdom
    Aided by brave adventurers, Seer Ixit and his brave, still-living Nerubians have reclaimed a small portion of the upper kingdom. Fortifying their position and naming it 'Azjol-Anak: The New Kingdom', they now stand as a front to Anub'Arak and his twisted army of Crypt Fiends and Twilight's Hammer Cultists.
    Azjol-Anak will act as a new Neutral Capital and end-game questing hub for level 90-93 players, including justice vendors etc.

Well here are just some of my ideas, do let me know what you think of any of them =)

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KingAelle View Post
    Well like I said, you needn't take any of these concepts on board but it might be helpful to give them a little consideration (I also grant that some of these alterations may seem a little drastic):

Rebranding:
    Like many others in this thread, I too share the sentiment that 'World of Wacraft: The Spider Kingdom' is a relatively weightless name and one that does not sit well on the ear. However, to introduce the main antagonist element I wished to suggest, let me put forward the name 'World of Warcraft: Rise of the Underking'
    This name fits well with the concept of the Nerubian expansion and also allows me to introduce the expansion's primary antagonist..

Anub'Arak
    Though many before sought to slay the mighty tomb king, he could not be so easily defeated. Maddened by the silence that befell him falling Arthas' fall, he began to retreat further back in to his dreaded city of the spider. There in the cavernous deeps, he headed the call of a new voice. One that was only just awakening, one who's hour of twilight yet lay before it. Strengthened by necrotic magic and twisted by the Twilight's Hammer's evil magic, Anub'Arak has become a paragon of the dark powers that dwell in Azjol-Nerub.

New Race: Vrykul
    Following the rise of the Lich King, the dark lord of the dead sought control of the mighty Vrykul people, appearing before the mighty King Ymiron as the Death God of their kind. Despite this sudden enthralment of the ancient, reawakened Vrykul, there were some who rejected this new deity of darkness. Vidar Ymironson, son of the king and of Queen Angerboda, opposed the Lich King and his sway and was exiled for it.
    Exiled from his people's ancestral home of the Howling Fjord, Vidar and his Varghelm followers fled outwardly across the sea. Discovering an island uninhabited (save for a few Naga) far off the coast of Kalimdor, he and his people settled there. Naming the island 'Vygarm', Vidar prepares from his island hold to retake Utgarde Keep by force and overthrow the rule of the Lich King and his puppet Ymiron forever.
    Classes Available:
    -Warrior
    -Hunter
    -Rogue
    -Priest
    -Shaman
    -Mage
    -Warlock

Racial Abilities:
    -Forgemaster: Blacksmithing skill increased by 15.
    -Heart of the Fjord: Reduces the duration of all freeze effects by 1 sec.
    -Rune of Victory: Cast a runic spell, increasing energy, focus and mana regeneration by 20% for 7 seconds. (30min cooldown)
    -Rebel: Increases resistance to charm and fear effects.

New 1-10 questing experience: Vygarm
    As one of the Varghelm Vrykul, it falls to your character to bolster the strength of Vidar's forces and retake the Howling Fjord for your worthy clan. Vygarm is an island of dark and sombre character, enveloped in a thin mist (almost reminiscent of Gilneas in some ways).
    Regions and Activity:
    1-5 Varghelm Village - You begin in Varghelm Village, among a crowd of Vrykul as Vidar gives an inspirational speech about the future of your people and your rightiousness and worthiness. You then descover that the coastal village is in fact under attack by Naga who have swum ashore in droves. Completing the 1-5 quest chain, Vidar will send you to Varghelm Keep in the center of the island.
    5-8 Varghelm Keep & Vygarm - The majority of your questing would take place on Vygarm's mainland, completing a number of tasks and facing a number of enemies. After completing a triggering quest at level 8 however, a cutseen plays where you see a Horde gunship fly overhead, under attack by swarms of Nerubian Flyers and Dwarven Gryphonriders (who are also trying to fight off the Nerubians) before being brought down. You are sent to investigate.
    8-9 Wildhammer Camp - Heading to the Wildhammer Camp, you meet with Biran Ironfeather who tells you of uncovering of Azjol-Nerub and the dangers that have amassed in the north. The Dwarves there send you on a small number of quests.
    9-10 Warsong Gunship Wreckage After heading back to Varghelm Keep, you meet with an Orc who sends you to the Warsong Gunship Wreckage. There you meet Nazgrel, who too was headed for Northrend. After completing the quest chain, ending with a big battle against a Nerubian Crypt Lord, Vidar meets with you and tells you that the Varghelm will need the Horde and Alliance's aid if they are to combat both the Vrykul and the Nerubians. You are then given the option to join the Alliance or Horde, much in the same way the Pandaren are.

Pit of Narjun
    Though I do like your alterations to Northrend, I felt too much was taken away and not enough was added if you get me? =)
    Therefore, rather than expanding the pit, I would introduce the Gate of Narjun, a Nerubian arch that leads in to...

Azjol-Anak: The New Kingdom
    Aided by brave adventurers, Seer Ixit and his brave, still-living Nerubians have reclaimed a small portion of the upper kingdom. Fortifying their position and naming it 'Azjol-Anak: The New Kingdom', they now stand as a front to Anub'Arak and his twisted army of Crypt Fiends and Twilight's Hammer Cultists.
    Azjol-Anak will act as a new Neutral Capital and end-game questing hub for level 90-93 players, including justice vendors etc.

Well here are just some of my ideas, do let me know what you think of any of them =)
    I always wanted to play the Vrukyl.. but i think this is a hordes race only for some reason.. they hate the humans with passion, i understand the feel like the pandaren joining both factions. But i dont like them in a alliance camp.

And ofc a 30 min cd on a racial is absurd ;p

Deleted
    I haven't read the whole thread but I'm liking the concept so far, and I think that there is actually a big chance we could visit the underworld beneath Northrend (expanding it into a whole subterranean continent hopefully.). Can I ask what you used to make the amazing zone maps? I've been looking for a site to make custom wow maps for a few weeks now but the only one I can find is under maintenance.