Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Wow..... This was a very interesting read, must say thou I really like your ideas, and Blizzard would be fools to ignore these. They did say they missed some nerubian lore in Northrend, and this... this is a very nice method to do so. Ofc, I would've changed a few things, considering this was posted soon 2years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtree View Post
    This seems pretty presumptuous. Spider Kingdom is simple and descriptive
    Exactly why it is NOT a catchy title.
    Also, your "adjective - noun" examples? There's only one adjective between the three: Burning.
    In case you weren't aware...in the English language nouns are used as adjectives too. It's not a very complicated notion. You should probably read up on Elementary level grammar. With that being said, I thought it would be overly complicated to explain how nouns are used to describe other nouns and stuck with using the much more familiar 'adjective'. The examples are only pulled from this game because that is what we are talking about.

I didn't feel like giving an depth lecture on the use of varying word types as modifiers in descriptions. I apologize that what I wrote triggered your defense mechanism. If you would like to engage on a proper discourse regarding descriptive language, please feel free to PM me. I will probably not respond, but do what you will.

It doesn't change the fact that the name is boring, uninspired, not catchy, and not worthy of something so creative.

Who care's what the damn title is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post

In case you weren't aware...in the English language nouns are used as adjectives too. It's not a very complicated notion. You should probably read up on Elementary level grammar...
    ...but do what you will.
    Done. Elementary grammar was a long time ago, and I've got nothing better to do on a friday night than refresh on it (insert foreveralone.gif here). Still think Wrath and Mists are nouns, Lich King and Pandaria are possessive determiners (as the kids call them these days).

Regardless, the disconnect seems to be here...
    It doesn't change the fact that the name is boring, uninspired, not catchy, and not worthy of something so creative.
    ...because you must lack the balanced and rational response most have to the very thought of spiders. Good on you, sir!

" The Nerubian Empire " is still the best name idea yet!

In case you weren't aware...in the English language nouns are used as adjectives too. It's not a very complicated notion. You should probably read up on Elementary level grammar. With that being said, I thought it would be overly complicated to explain how nouns are used to describe other nouns and stuck with using the much more familiar 'adjective'. The examples are only pulled from this game because that is what we are talking about.

I didn't feel like giving an depth lecture on the use of varying word types as modifiers in descriptions. I apologize that what I wrote triggered your defense mechanism. If you would like to engage on a proper discourse regarding descriptive language, please feel free to PM me. I will probably not respond, but do what you will.

Why is simple and descriptive not catchy?

nope
    10 chars

Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    hmmm is there more tuskarr lore i missed?how r my wittle warlus buddies

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

I like everything, its a really good idea BESIDES the level system. It sounds like a total pain and unrealistic for Blizzard to switch as soon as you hit 90, other then that, great idea!

EPIC!

I will say it again...

EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC! EPIC!

Really well done, i would rather have this spider kingdom expansion than ANY of the expansions wow had.
    Interesting theme, interesting foes and zones, both scary and cool enemies.

Screw pandas.

This is amazing. Keep up the incredible work! I miss the Nerubians now...
    “It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” - Albus Dumbledore

Friendly tip, your maps look too busy. You should trim the "named" zones quite a lot.

Welp, may as well put an update together while I'm at things...

Ahn'Saron, the Inner Kingdom

The Fire Sea, a subzone of the Inner Kingdom

Ahn'Saron is the heart of the Spider Kingdom. Once a prosperous metropolis built in the darkness of Azeroth's underworld, it is a broken shadow of its former glory. But the Inner Kingdom has begun to teem with life once again. In Ahn'Saron, the spider queen Nezar'Kali has birthed a new and terrible generation of nerubians - the Newbreed. Even more monstrous than their predecessors, these new nerubians have replicated and spread with frightening speed, bred to be the ultimate race of warriors and conquerors. Soon, the legions of Azjol-Nerub will fill their underworld to bursting, and will swarm up to the surface, wiping away all that the races who dwell in the sun have built, and ushering in the eternal dominance of the Spider Kingdom.
    Detail information about the Inner Kingdom's regions can be found here.

Leveling Layout:

The Inner Kingdom is the third and final leveling zone available. The content spread across the three zones will bring players up to the current level cap of 93 and make them ready to do endgame content like raids.

The last stuff I want to do is a few more dungeon maps, work out the raid concepts, and do one last zone map for the Wound of the World, a small subzone that lies at the center of the Spider Kingdom. It is utterly empty... for now.

Here's some further scribbles of the nasty, spooky Arach'layn

Now to address comments!

-----
    But regarding the name, you have to step outside your box. 'The Spider Kingdom' is about as exciting as saying 'The Crayon Box'. Sure it accomplishes the purpose of telling me exactly what I will find inside, but that's all it does. It's not exciting, it's not mysterious, it doesn't contribute to a thematic element of a story. I will equally judge World of Warcraft: Cataclysm to be just as terrible. Other names that give examples of the effect 'The Spider Kingdom' has are:

World of Warcraft: A Field with Trees
    World of Warcraft: There's a Game inside This Box
    World of Warcraft: Magic and Dragons and Stuff
    I like to think it has a dark simplicity to it - harkening back to the WC3 era with the expansion, Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. Stark and imposing, it tells you an element of the universe that you've only heard hints of earlier is going to be fully explored. This is it - it's what you've only heard frightful whispers about. You're getting it at last.

If we'd never heard about the Spider Kingdom of Azjol-Nerub before this, I probably wouldn't have used that name. I absolutely disagree that there's no mystery or thematic weight to it, but I'm a big nerubian fan and the title isn't going to resonate with everyone. I feel that way about Mists - snoozeville title.

Of course, different things will appeal to different people - I would play the absolute hell out of There's a Game inside This Box.

And hey, thanks for the post. You're not wrong about the importance of words. I would definitely like to see more creativity in game and movie titles, instead of more requiems and revenges.

"World of Warcraft - Lo, from Darkness Whence the Gate"

This seems pretty presumptuous. Spider Kingdom is simple and descriptive, and sounds different and new when said after the other titles. But if you must demand it more closely resemble the others, how about "Kingdom of the Spiders".
    Already taken. Shatneeerrrr!

I like it fine. But one thing about the whole concept: we all know the way to deal with a spider is to kill it with fire. Can we burn Northrend down to do it?
    Not very environmentally conscious. Hasn't the world suffered from flooding enough?

And you'd have a hard time finding enough fire...

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    hmmm is there more tuskarr lore i missed?how r my wittle warlus buddies
    The Alliance and the Horde are paying much more attention to them, since they knew about the dangers of saronite (the 'Black Blood of Yogg-Saron') long before the Argent Crusade or anyone else did. The extra attention is good news, since they got roughed up pretty bad during the war with the Scourge and during the Cataclysm. Their elders and spell-casters are an invaluable source of wisdom with regards to the sea, the deep places of the north, and the dangers lurking in the darkest depths where the light of the sun has never reached...

Quote Originally Posted by torterra275 View Post
    I like everything, its a really good idea BESIDES the level system. It sounds like a total pain and unrealistic for Blizzard to switch as soon as you hit 90, other then that, great idea!
    At this point, I'd be happy with anything other than 'grind out 5 more levels of bleh before you can do the fun stuff!' Though it being 'unrealistic' is not something that's ever going to concern me overmuch. |D

Quote Originally Posted by Belhaven View Post
    Friendly tip, your maps look too busy. You should trim the "named" zones quite a lot.
    Shoot, I was hoping I was the only one who thought this. I luuv to name...

great ideas, but a whole expansion about the nerubians? the maps and all look good, but i dont want to play a whole expansion in a dark environment - i will become despressive lol. i enjoy playing in bright forests (like in mop) and that kind of stuff. i would like to explore more of azjol-nerub, but only as a small part of an expansion.
    Last edited by BonesDeLarge; 2012-11-27 at 07:09 AM.

Hey Golden,

Still going - awesome to see! Glad your are so determined to see this through. This has to be the best wow fan concept going around. I have enjoyed reading what you have done so far. I checked the wowpedia page for updates recently, and great maps and concepts as usual. I am now looking forward to the raids you have started to work on. I am interested in seeing what the heroic only boss in the palace of the spider queen is going to be - architect behind the newbreed, hey? Anyways, keep going with the great work!

10x Better than Pandas.

Maps that you make are amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by BonesDeLarge View Post
    great ideas, but a whole expansion about the nerubians? the maps and all look good, but i dont want to play a whole expansion in a dark environment - i will become despressive lol. i enjoy playing in bright forests (like in mop) and that kind of stuff. i would like to explore more of azjol-nerub, but only as a small part of an expansion.
    Hey, if the freakin' pandas get their own...

I've every confidence that an underground world could be just as varied as any of the other expansions environments - underground forests could be every bit as pretty as surface ones! I've often thought while making this concept that a zone based on the Hollow Earth of Edgar Rice Burroughs, complete with tiny magical sun, would make a great area to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Havocz View Post
    Hey Golden,

Still going - awesome to see! Glad your are so determined to see this through. This has to be the best wow fan concept going around. I have enjoyed reading what you have done so far. I checked the wowpedia page for updates recently, and great maps and concepts as usual. I am now looking forward to the raids you have started to work on. I am interested in seeing what the heroic only boss in the palace of the spider queen is going to be - architect behind the newbreed, hey? Anyways, keep going with the great work!
    Thanks Havocz. I'll get it wrapped up yet.

Putting up the heroic boss in the Palace raid will probably be the capstone. The Spider Queen is the mother of the Newbreed. But of course, to get babies, you need a daddy too...

Quote Originally Posted by OldOneEye View Post
    10x Better than Pandas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Maps that you make are amazing!
    Thanks for the kind remarks.

Im guessing you play horde as most if not all the allies camps have been wiped out in your maps,but also the levelling thing,having a 93 92 and 91 clash all in one zone would create a million and one problems so it wouldnt work. The artwork is nice but speaking as a games designer myself i think the concept is a little over the top,needs to be toned down abit.

Oh mi Godness! This would be a very interesting expansion undoubtedly forming along with the return of the new Lich King ("lavaman") the perfect excuse to revisit Northrend. All this work deserves a reward, maybe Blizzard walk around here ...

Congratulations, keep it up!

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 07:07 PM ----------

MY SUGGESTIONS:

• It would be interesting to renew the Crystalsong Forest zone: an enlarged area (with fewer dead zones) without Dalaran and therefore with two facing cities, both for the Alliance and for the Horde, led by the Silver Covenant and the Sunreavers respectively (the current Windrunner's Overlook and Sunreaver's Command but more developed and fortified).
    • New basic class: Necromancer (already mentioned).
    Last edited by Northem; 2012-12-29 at 06:52 PM.