Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Very nice work mate, i am really amazed with what i read Keep up the good job!

Azhuul'Mehab?
    idk lookin up random stuff on wowwiki lol

All credit for this sig goes to JustintimeSS

This was really well thought out, nice job

10+ Year Old Account
    Very nicely made! Must have taken a lot of time to do this, you deserve a e-cookie! *hands cookie*

I appreciate all the time and effort you put into this.. i really do

But if I ever have to play through Borethrend again.. i quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    More stuff! First bit, Crystalsong Forest!

Crystalsong Forest

* Twilight's Hammer forces have occupied Crystalsong Forest. The region has been dubbed Naz'Zevon, the Gathering Dark by the nerubians.
    * The Cataclysm has forced nerubian ruins through the surface of the forest. The Twilight are using these ruins as staging grounds.
    * Sunreaver's Command and Windrunner's Overlook have become heavily fortified, and are under constant assault by Twilight's Hammer and nerubians.
    * The Great Tree has been surrounded by the dark power of the Nightmare.
    * Violet Stand has increased it's fortifications against the growing threats in Crystalsong.
    * The Ironwall Dam is swarming with nerubians. Faceless Ones and Undying Tendrils infest the nearby Decrepit Flow.
    * Dalaran has increased their security - flying troops patrol the skies above the city, and the surrounding floating islands have become fortified with ground forces.
    * Dalaran forces are on guard for enemies within and without - the Twilight's Hammer seek to infiltrate the city, while the forces of the Malevolence are trying to invade Violet Hold through the blue dragonflight's magical portals.
    Since there isn't much to rework with Crystalsong's map, I decided to whip up a bunch more concept art. Here's some new Spider Kingdom Bestiary entries:

Nerubian Newbreed
    The recent uprising of nerubians in Northrend has provided disturbing new information to scholars of the Spider Kingdom. While at first glance the difference between one nerubian and another might not be apparent, there are some startling differences between the older nerubians cataloged and the newer creatures carrying out recent attacks. The more recently encountered nerubians are larger and more muscular, their carapace noticeably more durable. Their multiple eyes are arranged in a different configuration, giving them superior eyesight and visual acuity. Strangely, their brain-case is much smaller, meaning these nerubians are far less intelligent than specimens encountered in the past.

The most startling piece of information is perhaps the most troubling - the new nerubians launching attacks all across Northrend are only a few years old, far younger than should be possible given previous knowledge of nerubian maturation. If this new generation of nerubians are capable of reproducing and maturing with such frightening speed, the once near-extinct nerubian species may soon grow far greater in number than any other race on Azeroth.

Wychwyrm
    When Malygos fell, his control over the re-aligned ley lines of Northrend was lost. The Cataclysm only made matters worse, releasing tremendous arcane energy all across Northrend. The arcane storm caused by the ley line rupture tore apart the Nexus, slaying dozens of blue dragons with its fury. Ordinarily, arcane energy does not produce necromantic effects, but the blue dragonflight has a greater affinity for arcane magicks than any other creature on Azeroth. The arcane energy infused itself into their remains, replacing their natural life force. The blue dragons rose from their grave, animated by pure arcane energy, now known as wychwyrms. Resembling frost wyrms superficially, wychwyrms are surrounded in an aura of arcane power that resembles the living dragon they once were. This aura allows wychwyrms full function, even if their remains are damaged or incomplete.

Unlike undead dragons created by the Lich King, wychwyrms are not operating on animal instinct in the wake of his fall. They are aware, as they were in life, and under the control of a sinister, intelligent force that appears to have a direct connection with Azeroth's ley line network. This force is identified by the wychwyrms as the Malevolence. What this force wants, what designs it is directing the wychwyrms to carry out, is still a mystery.
    And heeere is some rough stuff, related to the upcoming (two more zones, woo!) Spider Kingdom content:

Rough concept of Shadow Web Caverns zone:

The second area that will be visited after the Upper Kingdom.

The Vault of the Titans dungeon:

An eternity ago when the Titans walked the world, they controlled a technology the mortal races have yet to comprehend. Many arcane artifacts and relics that the Titans used to bring order to Azeroth were left behind when the Titans departed, and the most precious of these were sealed away in vaults and strongholds, entrusted to powerful guardians. In Wintergrasp, a Northrend valley saturated with tremendous elemental energies, the Titans constructed the great Vault of Archavon, an immense structure containing many Titan relics. The Vault extends much deeper than any realize, and portions of the structure extend deep into Azeroth's Underworld.

The forces of Twilight loathe all that the Titans have created, and seek to tear down the Makers' creation. Their mad desecration of the Titans' ancient stronghold may do more harm than depriving the world of ancient knowledge, however. Many Titan relics could be extremely destructive if they fell into the wrong hands. And many of the Titans' servants could cause untold devastation if their fury were to be unleashed.
    The Doorward Underhalls dungeon:

Sealed within the lower levels of Doorward are many dark and dreadful beings that Baelgun's expedition have faced over the years. Many brave souls have ventured into the Underhalls to slay a terrible monster, or to recover the remains of a cherished loved one, only to disappear into the darkness forever. With the devastation wrought by Deathwing's Cataclysm, the old horrors of the dark and been stirred into a frenzy, and are renewing their assault upon the defenders of upper Doorward. Mad howls and mind-wrenching chanting well up from the depths, and the spell-casters of Doorward can sense a loathsome ritual being conducted far below.

Only a short time ago, priestess Mudra Gloryhammer and several of her companions ventured into the Underhalls in an effort to put an end to the evil brewing there, but they have not returned. Baelgun is desperate to find champions powerful enough to finally cleanse the Underhalls of their dark denizens, and has opened his ranks to both the Alliance and the Horde in an effort to find those champions.
    Haven't bothered with a new Wintergrasp map... just not enough stuff there to care about. There's a large number of Undying Tendrils popping up at the bottom of the lakes, though...

Next zone: Storm Peaks!

Quote Originally Posted by inferno138 View Post
    Just saying, since Blizzard said that they wanted to update Outland and Northrend, they'd update Outland first, giving them the hero class (Demon Hunter for the win!). So you might want to start thinking about the new races if they end up following the the race-class-race-class format.
    Yeah, I don't know why, but I wasn't that interested in redoing Outland stuff. I guess the Northrend content was fresher in my mind. I don't think I'll even bother with new classes or new races... class stuff isn't my forte and it's too hard at this point to work in new races. But I'll probably do another thread with race ideas at some point.

Thanks for all the comments everyone!

Deleted
    Best.
    Idea.
    EVER!

I really hope you've posted this on the official suggestion forums ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not yet, but I certainly will soon, once all the Northrend stuff is done.

This is actually VERY similar to a WC3:TFT Map that was being done but got canceled. Take the spider elves that were in that one and make them Nerubians, an bam presto chngeo.
    4/10 for CP@Altering.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a fantastic idea. I always wanted to learn more about Nerubian Lore. Not sure if Northrend needs an update this quick...Maybe an outland-ish expansion to fix the junk questing there, then this one to cap out at lvl 100

All of that is beside the point, I love your idea.

I support this thread and it's interests 100%
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by P4R45171K View Post
    This is actually VERY similar to a WC3:TFT Map that was being done but got canceled. Take the spider elves that were in that one and make them Nerubians, an bam presto chngeo.
    Really? I'd be interested in seeing more of that map. Most of the stuff I've written about wasn't even around back in the Frozen Throne days.

Spider elves though? I never even thought of that. It's been done, of course, but... hmm. Something must've happened to all the night elves that used to live around Northrend...

Quote Originally Posted by palpableimmunity View Post
    What a fantastic idea. I always wanted to learn more about Nerubian Lore. Not sure if Northrend needs an update this quick...Maybe an outland-ish expansion to fix the junk questing there, then this one to cap out at lvl 100

All of that is beside the point, I love your idea.

I support this thread and it's interests 100%
    Thanks! And hell, by the time I'm actually done with all this, Northrend might not seem so recent :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Small update - just a map. There'll be some more bestiary entries soon. This is just to show that I haven't forgotten about this thread. Or died.

Not too many exciting changes to be found, in my opinion... Storm Peaks is clustered with all kinds of great stuff, and it's pretty hard to find places to do anything drastic. Though I've had a idea about how Ulduar's substructures can play a role in the Spider Kingdom stuff.

Storm Peaks

* The elements of Storm Peaks have been driven into a frenzy. Revenants are found more frequently, and terrible snowstorms have engulfed several regions.
    * Valkyrion has been taken by Death Queen Angerboda and her Scourge remnants.
    *The mountains near Fjorn's Anvil have erupted into a volcano due to the Cataclysm. Undead magmawyrms and marauding fire elementals have begun to menace Dun Niffelem.
    * The earthen have retaken the Ulduar complex and it's substructures. The Twilight's Hammer have occupied the Iron Dwarf holdings and are reanimating them by infusing them with refined liquid saronite. Together they are assaulting the earthen fortifications.
    * The Grom'arsh Crash Site has been rebuilt into a Horde stronghold.
    * The gigantic Iron Colossus at Narvir's Cradle has been partially dismantled. It's interior is exposed and several quests involve venturing inside.
    * The Titanic Watchers Thorim and Hodir, along with Watcher Freya's avatar, are present throughout the region, aiding the Earthen in fighting back the Twilight's Hammer and their Faceless One allies.
    * Nerubians have infiltrated the lower Ulduar substructures. They've also infested Bouldercrag's Refuge.
    * Ulduar itself has become an un-instanced questing area. The Ulduar raid has been removed. Watcher Mimiron is located here with his Mechagnome servants, as well as Dalaran forces. The Twilight's Hammer are conducting dark rituals throughout Ulduar.
    * The Twilight's Hammer forces throughout all of Storm Peaks are being led by a vrykul woman called Sara.
    Only Icecrown remains.

This is fucking amazing, Blizzard should definitely hire you. Have you given any thought of applying there? If not I'd sure as hell hire you.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still say this would by far be a bitchin addition to WoW
    If you love / enjoy WoW in its current state, don't bother with my signature...with all due respect, its not for you. (note: I am happy and respectful though, of your enthrallment with WoW... if not a little envious!)
    My dirty little nefarious nautical profession secret - its where I go to get my fix

10+ Year Old Account
    Do Want.

Loved the Nerubian kingdoms for so long, I was sorely disappointed with the dungeons they gave us in wrath, I had hoped for a titanic underground zone full of black egyptian style architecture and all sorts of wonderful spiderbeasts. You clearly have put a lot of time and thought into this, the art is great, even modifying maps, and they look good too, some of them I had to take a really close look to check what parts you had or hadn't done.

Keep going! ('-')b

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The drawings of the people are absolutely amazing. I would play this expac if it ever came out.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I came, I saw... and i think I came again. This is amazing! If I knew how to draw better and tweak maps like that, I'd dare to try my own hand at this

Woot, new update! Keep up the good work as always
    "Death is the solution to all problems" - Joseph Stalin

i appreciate all the effort you put into this, but the last thing i want to do is revisit places like Ahn'Kahet. i despised that place during wrath and the last thing i want to do is buy an expansion that revolves around it

10+ Year Old Account
    The part of Ahn'Kahet we saw in wrath is for sure not the entire expanse of the old kingdom. I have no doubt there is much more to it, so if there were to be a revisit, it can simply be to another section of the kingdom.