Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is amazing. Very original! I love it!
    For relaxing times, make it Suntory time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, this clearly took a lot of work and your part and you are clearly inspired. Keep up the great work. At first I thought it was just another QQ blizzard makes bad Xpacs, but this actually looks like it could work out. In a way that is. I'll be watching!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavek View Post
    Removal of dungeon/raid for sake of seemingly just to remove it would seem to be against Blizz's MO. The fact Bolvar/The Lich King doesn't seem to be doing anything seems somewhat odd, as well. Otherwise, pretty interesting.

Also, it seems like a lot of zones were flooded/destroyed for no particular reason. And the Basin being flooded is just bad to me. It's such a pretty zone and its connections with the Titans would be more worth exploring with Twilight Hammer involvement if its not flooded, imo.
    Yeah, Blizz's MO with removing raids seems to be doing it so they can bring it back later as updated content. Which I would be fine with, but mostly I did it because a lot of the raids are heavily involved with story elements that I want to see move forwards, and since this whole thing is basically fanfiction, I'll tend to let the story dictate what happens moreso than anything else.

Naxxramas falls because Arthas and Kel'Thuzad have been taken out. Ulduar is open because Yogg-Saron has been defeated and the Titanic Watchers have reclaimed it. I joked about wrecking the Coliseum for fun, but it also had to go because the Lich King and his champions are dead and the founders of the tournament have more important duties. That's also why Icecrown Citadel is gone (although it'll be back later). Bolvar has to remain under wraps for now - he finishes off the reworked Northrend quest chain, but he's focused on keeping the Scourge dormant and his soul intact. He'll have something more important to do later on though - Angerboda is still out there, and she wants his crown.

Thanks for the feedback re.: Sholazar Basin. I wanted to do something drastic to one of the Northrend zones, and I think it could be done in such a way that preserves the Basin's look and feel while combining it with Vashj'ir style underwater questing - maybe even work in some kind of phasing system where you help Freya drain the basin and restore it to it's former glory. It was my intent that the Twilight's Hammer storyline would tie into the Titan connection to Sholazar, as the Hammer lieutenant Dark Master Zorc is in the basin to plunder the secrets of the Titans for his own use - Zorc's presence is part of the reason the Lifeblood Pillar is rebuilding itself. I may try to straighten things out on the Sholazar page later.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Good work and a lot of effort put into it gj. I'dont really like the idea tho, would prefer something totally new rather than recycled northrend with some underground spider gettos
    It's my hope that the underground zones will be as varied and interesting as any expansion's zones would be. I've already got a few worked out, and they are massive. The northrend stuff I've done would just be an updating of the current 70-80 level experience, which is something Blizzard already mentioned they'd be interested in doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    I've tried to make a map of one of your zones. I hope you don't mind since you probably imagine things very differently, but it was an interesting work in Photoshop nonetheless and I enjoyed doing it I hope you'll like it at least a bit.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/UZI/Banners/nerubian.png
    I think it looks totally awesome! You nailed all the important spots, and you made good use of in-game elements to put it together. I like the little touch of the tower in the left corner.

Where is that zone supposedly located?

10+ Year Old Account
    Under Northrend. This map shows the rough location of the underground Spider Kingdom zones relative to the surface Northrend zones.

http://goldenyak.com/images/fanart/s..._northrend.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Wait so a cata version of Wotlk?.....hmmm.... add a revisited TBC and pandas, and we have a deal!

Also Love this idea, as I was actually looking forward to a zone wide Azjol'nerub along with Anub'arak, and was sad when they shafted both in Wotlk launch.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2011-03-06 at 01:35 AM.

Short answer

meh........
    "With this costume, I'll get Asian girls for sure!"
    - Judge Malthred revealing my avatar's inner thoughts

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh. My. God.

Why didn't I see this until now?!?!?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Update! Still working on Pit of Saron, but I've got some finished doodles.

New Bestiary entries

Nerubian Swordlegs

Nerubians are swarming to the surface in greater numbers, and are beginning to demonstrate great variety. These nerubians, nick-named Swordlegs, appear to have been selectively bred for speed and stealth, rather than brute strength like the other Newbreed. Their heads and limbs are plated in simple but durable saronite armor, enabling them to race forwards across any terrain and pierce their intended prey. Their body structure is similar to nerubian viziers, with four upper limbs and four lower. One pair of upper limbs and their lower forelimbs are nearly double the size of their other limbs - it is these limbs that the Swordlegs use to pierce and slash their enemies.

Nerubian Spidermind

Despite the seemingly reduced intelligence of the new generation of nerubians, their assaults upon the surface world are being carried out with devastating precision, ingenious tactics, and ruthless efficiency. The Kirin Tor were at a loss to explain how this was possible given the nerubian Newbreed's primitive intellect, until the discovery of the nerubian creature dubbed a Spidermind. Spiderminds communicate psionically with less intelligent nerubians, coordinating their efforts in battle and directing them against the enemy. Despite their vestigial bodies, they are fearsome opponents when confronted directly, blasting the enemy with elemental magic and shredding their minds with their psionic powers.

Essentially an immense armored brain, the Spidermind's body is utterly useless, and it moves by using it's magical power to levitate itself. Spiderminds are blind, but can look through the eyes of any creature within the range of it's psionic powers. Their body structure is very similar to those of nerubian viziers, and while the Newbreed seem like a regression of the nerubian warrior form, the Spidermind may be an evolved form of the vizier.
    And I finished a concept for the third Spider Kingdom Zone, Ahn'Saron, the Inner Kingdom:

Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    Wait so a cata version of Wotlk?.....hmmm.... add a revisited TBC and pandas, and we have a deal!
    The Wrath leveling experience is Cataclysm'd, but it's still 70-80 stuff. Just updated to reflect the current storyline. I haven't much interest in revamping Outlands, other people have already done that - I'm hoping to try and present the Spider Kingdom content in a way that it can stand on its own without just being a revamp or revisit of Wrath content.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wanna know more about the blue flight!

10+ Year Old Account
    With Kalecos in charge, the blue flight has mended their ways and is working with the Kirin Tor to restore order to Northrend and repair the damage done to the ley lines during the Nexus War. The biggest threat they've come across is the Malevolence, an evil entity hiding within Azeroth's ley line network and corrupting any magical creature that comes into contact with it. Blue dragons have been particularly susceptible to it's influence due to their magical nature, so the blue dragonflight will be relying a lot on heroes from the Alliance and the Horde for support.

Madragos is the liason to the Kirin Tor for the blue flight, and has been appointed by Kalecgos to lead the fight against the Malevolence.

((There's supposed to be a scene involving Kalec and Coldarra coming out in patch 4.1, so I'm hoping it won't invalidate anything I've come up with here.))

10+ Year Old Account
    Your concept art and maps are truly magnificent!
    I can easely imagine how Ahn'Saron would look like in high detail.
    Now at the Icecrown citadel part of the map, is it the same pit that we venture into during our questing in Icecrown? I could imagine some of the side walls destroyd revealing an entrance into Ahn'Saron. Or would it be in the bottom of the pit?

The wound of the world, is like this "Un'goro Crater" of Northrend but much, MUCH deeper with Nerubian cities hanging on the cliff sides all the way down, some ruins, other not so much. The pit is pretty much endless at the moment, but later in a patch there will be something sinister i imagine right? :P

Still loving your idea so keep up the good work mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlord DM View Post
    Now at the Icecrown citadel part of the map, is it the same pit that we venture into during our questing in Icecrown? I could imagine some of the side walls destroyd revealing an entrance into Ahn'Saron. Or would it be in the bottom of the pit?
    Same area as the pit beneath Icecrown Citadel, just a different part. You are correct that a part of the cavern has collapsed, allowing entry from the pit beneath the citadel to Ahn'Saron itself. It's one of the few ways into the Spider Kingdom besides the Pit of Narjun in Dragonblight.

The wound of the world, is like this "Un'goro Crater" of Northrend
    I'd say that Sholazar is the Un'goro Crater of Northrend! You're bang on about everything else - an immense sinkhole in the center of Northrend's underworld, ringed with ruined nerubian structures. You are also correct about it changing after an update.

It looks sort of like these photos, but much bigger, many miles in diamter.

http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/Am...hind-house.jpg
    http://www.causticsodapodcast.com/wp...-guatemala.jpg

It opened up in the middle of the Spider Kingdom over a thousand years ago. The nerubians never discovered why, never attempted rebuilding or rescue of those lost - they simply abandoned the ruins immediately surrounding it and sealed all tunnels leading to them.

Still loving your idea so keep up the good work mate
    Thanks! Will do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill show ya what i meant about Un'goro soon™

I read all of it. I think it's great. You really put a lot of work into this and it shows. I love your drawings.

I have no doubt that eventually Blizzard will implement something very similar to this eventually. I really wish people would read through your stuff so every fourth comment isn't some idiot going "UGHGHGHH!! I don't want to go back to Northrend! DERP DERP!"

Also, even though most all of your idea for the spider kingdom is underground I wish people would also realize this doesn't mean it would all look the same. Just as much variation in zones above can be made below ground. This is a fantasy world. You could have glowing crystals, phosphoresent giant mushrooms, glowing animals and plenty of plant life that can get photosynthesis from these glowing items. There can be hills, mountaims, ice and water. Really the only differences would be the tones are a bit darker and there is a visible roof above you most of the time. Really the imagination is the limit for this underground world.

Deleted
    Quick Blizzard! Hire him before some other company does it!

Extreamly cool idea. Thumbs up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow it shows that a LOT of though has been put into this but one question: where do we level 68-78? Did i skip something that told it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Aside from all the removed instances, it seems like a good idea. No instance has truely been removed aside from ZG, which is being put back in. Even BRD, who's end boss makes no sense now (The Emperor is dead lorewise and Moira is in Ironforge as one of it's leaders) is still in the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Love the Nerubian Spidermind. Would make for one hell of a creepy boss fight paired with a Professor Putricide type voice... *shivers*

Overall, seems like you came straight out of Blizzards design team. When they raised hands to see which expansion they want to do next, you lost the majority vote which led you to come on MMO and earn interest. Very impressive work, could be entirely possible with the amount of detail and reasoning behind each change. I would love to see it after the emerald dream and after we kill azshara. The changes to the leveling system has me intrigued. Requirements that must be met before leveling could be brilliant or costly. Something as simple as completing a quest line in each zone to view a cut scene which unlocks more potential in your character would bring together the storyline as well as forcing people to get more into the lore behind the game.

Only hang up, as youve heard plenty of times, is the removing of the raids. You can reforge them slightly, but removing them altogether would be a big no no for the WoW community. We dont like it, so many people raged over ZGs removal, it wasnt even funny. Then again, they bitched about it being brought back.. seems like Blizz cant catch a break.

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!