Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explosion_Rex View Post
    I read all of it. I think it's great. You really put a lot of work into this and it shows. I love your drawings.

I have no doubt that eventually Blizzard will implement something very similar to this eventually. I really wish people would read through your stuff so every fourth comment isn't some idiot going "UGHGHGHH!! I don't want to go back to Northrend! DERP DERP!"

Also, even though most all of your idea for the spider kingdom is underground I wish people would also realize this doesn't mean it would all look the same. Just as much variation in zones above can be made below ground. This is a fantasy world. You could have glowing crystals, phosphoresent giant mushrooms, glowing animals and plenty of plant life that can get photosynthesis from these glowing items. There can be hills, mountaims, ice and water. Really the only differences would be the tones are a bit darker and there is a visible roof above you most of the time. Really the imagination is the limit for this underground world.
    This guy. Right here. This guy knows what I'm talking about. Also, the following comment is pretty funny in light of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Wow it shows that a LOT of though has been put into this but one question: where do we level 68-78? Did i skip something that told it?
    Quote Originally Posted by From the OP
    * The Cataclysm has rent Northrend asunder, altering many of it's regions. The fall of Arthas and the rise of a new Lich King has also brought about a drastic change in the balance of power all across the continent. The Northrend content remains a 70-80 leveling experience.
    Northrend has been revamped in the aftermath of the Cataclysm, just like Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor. The level range for the zones hasn't changed - just the storyline and quest content.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    Aside from all the removed instances, it seems like a good idea. No instance has truely been removed aside from ZG, which is being put back in. Even BRD, who's end boss makes no sense now (The Emperor is dead lorewise and Moira is in Ironforge as one of it's leaders) is still in the game
    Couldn't be helped. Too many of those raids relied hugely on story elements that have moved forwards. I appreciate that Blizzard can't realistically go back and make sure every element of their classic instances line up with current lore, but luckily I am not hampered by dumb reality and can write whatever I please. And removing raids interferes with gameplay a lot less since no one uses them to level as much as dungeons.

Now, a revamp like Zul'Gurub where there are new bosses and new mechanics... that I would be all for. That has given me a few ideas to squeeze in some new, level 90+ heroics in the form of revamped level 80 raids. A Ruins of Naxxramas heroic could be fun. Maybe the Forsaken haven't quite cleared out all of it, or one of them goes crazy-flakes after working on Kel'thuzad's phylactery for too long...

As for BRD, I have an idea along that score too:
    http://goldenyak.com/images/heroicBRD.jpg

THe biggest question i have is, will we see any friendly Nerubians.

The idea of that the Nerubians was broken into two faction, one followed the Old Gods and the Twlight, while the other one enlist the Horde and the Alliance to help them fight back the madness.

You can add some new nerubian ideas in silithus...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzyz View Post
    The changes to the leveling system has me intrigued. Requirements that must be met before leveling could be brilliant or costly. Something as simple as completing a quest line in each zone to view a cut scene which unlocks more potential in your character would bring together the storyline as well as forcing people to get more into the lore behind the game.

Only hang up, as youve heard plenty of times, is the removing of the raids. You can reforge them slightly, but removing them altogether would be a big no no for the WoW community. We dont like it, so many people raged over ZGs removal, it wasnt even funny. Then again, they bitched about it being brought back.. seems like Blizz cant catch a break.
    I'm pretty proud of the leveling system myself, I hope it'll get people interested. Grinding away at an experience bar for 3-4 days has gotten a bit boring, I know I could definitely do with a change. I'm calling it the Path of War and I'll post my ideas on it once I've finished off the reworked Icecrown Citadel dungeons. Taking part in the storyline and completing quests is one major aspect of it.

My own attitude towards removing raids is probably similar to most peoples - I don't like it. I'd like the option to go back one day and see raids again, even if I've ridiculously overgeared and overleveled. But I think that reworking the areas into new dungeons as Blizz has done with ZG, or opening them up to make quest hubs like I did with Ulduar is a way to preserve some of the raid experience while advancing the story and revamping the challenge - you can't really say that you can have the same experience doing a level 60 raid when you're level 85. Once you've moved past the level cap, that experience is gone forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Auroro View Post
    THe biggest question i have is, will we see any friendly Nerubians.
    Yep. While many of the surviving nerubians of the previous generation are overjoyed at the recent turn-around for their race, others aren't so thrilled... for a number of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    You can add some new nerubian ideas in silithus...
    That's a little far from the nerubians home turf. Besides, there seems to be some Old God related weirdness brewing down there already, judging by the PTR preview content.

The qiraji, on the otherhand, might get some face time, somehow...

Looks nice and is interesting, but I really really really doubt blizzard will ever implement something based this much upon players creations.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love you for this .... Offical Forum ... NOW!

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

Deleted
    Incredible work! Would definitly love to see this happen! I guess i wouldn't be surprised to see this happen some day either, as Blizz themselves said that they actually wanted to do more with the Spider Kingdom back in WotLK, but for some reasons were unable to squeeze it in. And also makes sense to see the timeline change in Northrend aswell and see how the Cataclysm affected Northrend.

Heres hoping Blizz hires this guy to work with them on this project haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    This guy. Right here. This guy knows what I'm talking about. Also, the following comment is pretty funny in light of this.
    Thanks for the reply. I consider myself as someone with a pretty vivid imagination and judging by your ideas you clearly have one too. I figured we were on the same page with our ideas what an underground world can look like. Often when I am questing throughout the world (or Warcraft) I notice many missed opportunities that Blizz could've jumped on to expand lore/emersion/story. Questing through the Cata zones I found many times that there were situations where the designers could've added quests that would've been truly epic. I feel like, as great as the content is that the developers create, it seems that they sometimes suffer from tunnel vision. I think fan ideas should not be so overlooked as a lot of said ideas could really break up some of the monotony that occurs.

Deleted
    Whoah-the-goddamn-what-the-shit-daym.

Err, sorry. I'll refrain from commenting by typing down my phonetic reactions from hereon. That was a nice read and sounds pretty god-damn awesome. A concept I'd really enjoy playing at face value. Good job, man.

Oh, and the mandatory:
    >8<
    SPIDER PRIDE !!

ok and ladies and gentlemen this is what first stages of a game/expansion are all about what we see here is probably what every company start from before all the 3d shiny things :P from a Dungeon Master to probably someone that doesn't know what that is you sir are awesome :P

keep the ideas and upload them all to wowwikki also go to RPGNET.com and upload that there too i believe there might be a few wow rpg players that might like to play that idea i would if i was playing the rpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    Looks nice and is interesting, but I really really really doubt blizzard will ever implement something based this much upon players creations.
    I don't know that they've ever put in anything fan created at all. But this is really just for fun. And if they ever do something related to Azjol-Nerub, it'll be neat to see if I've managed to come up with anything along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Crush View Post
    I love you for this .... Offical Forum ... NOW!
    Right here!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2089281854
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2191130878

There's a thread on the general and the story forums. Feel free to post in either one. I can't post right now, so I won't update those as often.

Quote Originally Posted by Explosion_Rex View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I consider myself as someone with a pretty vivid imagination and judging by your ideas you clearly have one too. I figured we were on the same page with our ideas what an underground world can look like. Often when I am questing throughout the world (or Warcraft) I notice many missed opportunities that Blizz could've jumped on to expand lore/emersion/story. Questing through the Cata zones I found many times that there were situations where the designers could've added quests that would've been truly epic. I feel like, as great as the content is that the developers create, it seems that they sometimes suffer from tunnel vision. I think fan ideas should not be so overlooked as a lot of said ideas could really break up some of the monotony that occurs.
    I do feel that WotLK's questing had a more cohesive and epic feel. I think it's due to Northrend being one vast, interconnected land under the shadow of the Lich King - Even though Deathwing and the Hammer are behind all the badness hitting the 5 Cataclysm zones, I don't get the same feeling that everything's connected. I'm hoping to capture Cataclysm levels of quality and creativity in the look and feel of the zones, while holding true to the spirit of Wrath's story-telling style.

Quote Originally Posted by antonatsis View Post
    ok and ladies and gentlemen this is what first stages of a game/expansion are all about what we see here is probably what every company start from before all the 3d shiny things :P from a Dungeon Master to probably someone that doesn't know what that is you sir are awesome :P

keep the ideas and upload them all to wowwikki also go to RPGNET.com and upload that there too i believe there might be a few wow rpg players that might like to play that idea i would if i was playing the rpg
    Keeping the wowpedia files straight is about all I can handle at the moment. But I'd be thrilled if anyone decided to use any of the material for a role-playing campaign.

Next update soon: Finishing off revamped Pit of Saron, plus more creature art, and some color stuff!

10+ Year Old Account
    Update, as advertised:

New bosses for Pit of Saron! Four heavy hitters from the Twilight's Hammer:

Forgemaster Balehammer and his creation, Dread Iron.

Twilight Arcanist Zin'fanel

Dark Master Zorc

Twilight Lord Urizen

Would totally like any feedback on fight mechanics.

Clearing out the Forge of Souls and the Pit of Saron will mean the Twilight Hammer in Northrend has been almost completely destroyed. The only top bad guys left are Xarosan and the leader of the Hammer, Twilight Master Velius himself.

Velius awaits in the Halls of Reflection:

Bestiary update - Things are about to get eldritch (i.e. weird):

Eldritch Hound

When a creature dies, their body draws scavengers. This is true of even gods. The immense, rotting carcass of Yogg-Saron that festers beneath the surface of Northrend is not made of normal matter, and as it decays the unnatural aura it exudes resonates beyond the material plane. Following the scent are the Eldritch Hounds, creatures of a realm far removed from the mortal world. Slipping in and out of reality as easily as a wolf might run through the woods, these fearsome creatures are the ultimate stalkers.

Eldritch Hounds have pitch black hides and slavering jaws. Their head holds no eyes, but massive glaring orbs are clustered around their limbs. Long tentacles tipped with eerily glowing runes protrude from their shoulders, which they use to ensnare and paralyze their prey. They are frequently found preying on Undying Tendrils, and have been known to ambush forces of the Twilight's Hammer involved in mining operations, devouring any saronite ore that the miners have unearthed.

Voiceless One

Spoken of in the legends and myths of the nerubians, and even then only in hushed voices and fearful prayers, are the monsters known as the Voiceless. Said to be servants of a terrible and ancient being, known to the nerubians as the Unspoken, the Voiceless Ones were sometimes summoned in dark rituals carried out by the nerubians in a part of the Spider Kingdom known as Ahn'Dirac, the Silent Temple. According to scrolls related to the Silent Temple, the rituals had to be carried out in complete silence, for the Voiceless Ones would become hostile and attack at the slightest sound.

Voiceless Ones resemble octopus-like creatures with massive fanged mouths that drift through the air. Their jaws constantly gnash and chatter, and at times it seems like they are trying to speak. However, no sound can be heard. In fact, Voiceless Ones make no sound of any sort, not the rustle of tentacles or the clashing of teeth, not the dripping of saliva or the pant of breath. It is as if their very presence swallows any noise, no matter how faint. They drift, hunt, and kill all in terrible, unnatural quiet.
    If you hear a Voiceless One coming, you're hearing things.
    If you don't hear one coming, that's normal. But you're about to die.
    Last edited by Golden Yak; 2011-03-29 at 12:29 AM.

looked good to me ...well all excpet gundrak...that would completely get rid of that instance and blizzard hasnt gotten rid of any yet.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Deleted
    Wow please teach me to draw so i can concept mine as well.

Any advice?

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams
    Some very impressive ideas, I'd swear it came froom blizzards own designs. I'd totally support this. Some factors like the removal of older raids.. nah, can't agree with that, but in working around that the rest sounds really nice.

I do think it probably could use more of course, given people hated how small cata felt to them, and this one seems smaller, but the concept, the story and ideas in place are excellent. Thumbs up.

Deleted
    I am truly baffled with your Sholazar Basin idea! That was just eyeopening. Well thought-out, I support this even thought I would get the creeps all the time. I dislike spiders :|

Edit:
    I forgot the mandatory:
    >8< SPIDER PRIDE!

Voiceless ones shouldn't have mouths! Mouths gives voices! =P I like the artworks.

Deleted
    while i commend the effort you have put into this. it's not for me. 1. not interested in the spider lore at all. 2. hated the dull boring lifeless drab place that is northrend and the less time i have to spend there the better.

i do like the idea of gaining levels by doing things and not just gaining experience. what these things should be i don't know. tbh i would be happy if the level cap wasn't raised in the next expansion and instead either somehow reset to 60(practically impossible without rendering lots of raids and also outland/northrend(notexactly a loss that one )parts of azeroth as useless) or we did something else instead. since when you think about it levelling is basically pointless as once you hit the level cap you just do what you did in the last expansion but with more hp and higher dps/tps/hps. and levelling only serves as something new for the week or so it takes you to do those new levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    looked good to me ...well all excpet gundrak...that would completely get rid of that instance and blizzard hasnt gotten rid of any yet.
    No, the Gundrak dungeon is still there, just with a couple renamed bosses. The dungeon took place entirely underground, so it's been unaffected. The upper temple was rebuilt into a massive portal by the Twilight Hammer, but they left the underground dungeon alone. Specific changes are here.

The only 5-man I've removed is Oculus, because the rings around the Nexus have been destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowWolf View Post
    Wow please teach me to draw so i can concept mine as well.

Any advice?
    Just keep drawing a ton. Everyone improves with practice. When you're ready to produce stuff, sketch it in light pencil first so you can erase any mistakes you make, then go over it with a darker pencil or pen - that's what I do. This is even easier if you have a scanner and an art program like photoshop. Look around the web for references and tutorials for anything specific - there's even great stuff on youtube. I like conceptart.org too.

Quote Originally Posted by orcshaman24 View Post
    I do think it probably could use more of course, given people hated how small cata felt to them, and this one seems smaller, but the concept, the story and ideas in place are excellent. Thumbs up.
    It may seem smaller in scale from the outset, but once I get into the nitty-gritty and start detailing the Spider Kingdom zones, I think it will rival Cata in amount of content. And, in any expansion, there's always patch updates to think about...

Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    Voiceless ones shouldn't have mouths! Mouths gives voices! =P I like the artworks.
    Not these mouths. The Voiceless speak with speaking. And besides, they have to eat somehow...

Thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by kintharis View Post
    while i commend the effort you have put into this. it's not for me. 1. not interested in the spider lore at all. 2. hated the dull boring lifeless drab place that is northrend and the less time i have to spend there the better.

i do like the idea of gaining levels by doing things and not just gaining experience. what these things should be i don't know. tbh i would be happy if the level cap wasn't raised in the next expansion and instead either somehow reset to 60(practically impossible without rendering lots of raids and also outland/northrend(notexactly a loss that one )parts of azeroth as useless) or we did something else instead. since when you think about it levelling is basically pointless as once you hit the level cap you just do what you did in the last expansion but with more hp and higher dps/tps/hps. and levelling only serves as something new for the week or so it takes you to do those new levels.
    You're in luck, cuz the Spider Kingdom isn't Northrend. And if you ever had to level an alt through the new Northrend content, hopefully the fact that it's been blasted to bejeezus and back would make things a little less boring.

I enjoyed Northrend myself, since it had higher quality visuals than previous expansions. I've felt like every expansion has had a theme that the environments were built around - Northrend, with its different arctic environments was obviously 'winter'. Burning Crusade's theme was 'alien worlds', and Cataclysm's was 'the four elements'. For the Spider Kingdom, I'd say the theme was very definitely 'underground', but also 'ancient cities'. Ruins of lost civilizations, nerubian and otherwise, are a big part of the visual style.

I agree that a new leveling system is needed to spice things up, and in a game that focuses so much on endgame content, there needs to be more to do once you inevitably hit that level cap. I'm hoping to address both issues with this concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    @ - Necrologic - This is very much just something I'm doing for fun, and incidentally refine my art skills. I have no illusions of this ever becoming real content, though I do hope that we'll see a Spider Kingdom zone/raid put in by Blizz at some point, and I'd be interested to see if I manage to predict anything. For that reason, I haven't given much thought to development time, gameplay considerations, or things along those lines - I've read that Blizzard hopes to one day advance the Northrend storyline to be in keeping with the current Cataclysm timeline, and so I've attempted to do so using as many existing lore elements as possible (such as bringing back Angerboda and making her into a major villain). While I am trying to make the expansion concept as plausible and realistic as possible, I'm not going to let myself be too constrained by it either.

I'm no stranger to the game design process, and I'd be lying if I said working for Blizzard wouldn't interest me. I'm happy where I am now though, and all this is really just a fan having some fun and sharing ideas. Thanks for posting!
    Your levelheadedness and maturity in reading and responding to criticisms gives me hope for you . I wish you the best. I think you're good enough for a concept artist position already, so keep getting noticed!