Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Good idea i'd like to see with a patch, but not as a FULL expansion. But to be honest Northrend is a good enough area for levelling there's a lot of variety in the different zones which keeps levelling phone. having the same repetitive mobs and ish would make it boring /cough cataclysm.

Anyway they should hire you in an instant. You got a great brain that just needs heading in the right direction as well as amazing art skills. You should consider applying!

You are incredibly gifted. I don't even want to know just how much time you have put into this Should consult for Blizzard!

This is a really well-made concept. Based on face value I would love to play this. I enjoyed Northrend and the Nerubian story so this would be right up my ass.

I am wondering what the deal is with the 93 cap, though.

Thats what Blizzard did wrong. They forgot that the Spider Kingdom existed. Seriously...Anub'arak a 5men boss????Wtf were they thinking (I know that he was a boss in ToC but it wasn't even 1% as epic as it coulda been).

Deleted
    Holy crap! That's some really nice stuff.

I also felt that they missed out on alot of stuff about the Nerubian kingdom being the same size as whole Northrend, should have put alot of more focus on that. You also mention Gundrak which I also thought was poory thought-through by Blizzard, many people discussed that place and thought it could've been so cool with a raid or some nice lore or something.

Great ideas!

Keep up the good work... Keeps getting better.
    Kurogasa:"Bitch tried to steal my herb... So I typhooned his ass off a cliff"
    Gala:"Why can't he burn in heaven? There can be Holy Fire in Heaven"
    Garrosh Hellscream:"Shut your clever mouth, bitch."
    Terenas Menethil II:"At long last. No king rules forever, my son."
    Kenny:"I'm just waiting for a fire axe to hack through my door one day and see aulio on the other side goin "heeeeeeeeres johnny"
    StarFade:Are you actually serious? To quote every rapper:"How fucked-up is you?"

So I definetly TL;DR this post so my comment my or may not be void buuuuut I want my northrend achievements that I don't have yet which i'm sure a lot of other people will feel the same way so this would definetly be one of those things that would have to be a phase.

Damn i nearly thaught this was just real:P i really like it. It's very sad that Blizzard never did something with Azjol'Nerub since its as big as northrend is

Man, Golden, with the new info on the Old God fighting against each other in the past. You going have to update your history and how would these new nerubian would work under Yogg-Saron or the Twilight Hammer.

I'll just say that I read that and would definitely come back to WoW if this was the next expansion!

Epic work! Really nice job!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    might need update for Dragonblight with the new 4.3 instances

10+ Year Old Account
    Update! Small one, but as promised earlier, I've replaced the godawful photoshop of Sapphiron the Wychlord with some decent concept art. And it's colored!

Sapphiron the Wychlord:

http://www.wowpedia.org/User:GoldenYak/Sapphiron

Re-animated by the power of the Malevolence, the remains of Sapphiron continue to threaten the living in the form of the Wychlord. The Malevolence will not stop until all arcane creatures, living or dead, are under its complete control.

Next update - More bestiary monsters and dungeon maps.

Quote Originally Posted by ohnztad View Post
    If they would ever make an expansion like this, I would quit playing right away. You work is, needless to say, extremely impressive! Keep it up
    Out of arachnophobia, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir. Triumph View Post
    Anyway, I really like the idea. Especially the map of Dragonblight with the HUGE gaping hole that players can fly (assuming) through to get to the Spider Kingdom. That's always how I imagined we would enter Deepholm - through a huge hole in the ground that Deathwing created. It would have been amazing... but of course, they took the Maelstrom 'instanced zone' route. Of course, the amount of work otherwise would have been immense. Still cool to think about.
    Funnily enough, the original pre-Beta concept for Deepholm was that a huge zone called the Deathwing Scar would act as the entry point. Instead, Blizzard decided to use the Maelstrom. None of that for me though - if you want to get to the Spider Kingdom, you gotta fly through the pit. Or take a handy nearby flight path. It's about the length of the Deeprun Tram, and it's too dangerous to walk anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by freelapdance View Post
    You are incredibly gifted. I don't even want to know just how much time you have put into this Should consult for Blizzard!
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheckameohs View Post
    This is a really well-made concept. Based on face value I would love to play this. I enjoyed Northrend and the Nerubian story so this would be right up my ass.

I am wondering what the deal is with the 93 cap, though.
    That's a pretty intimate place for a story to touch you. Good, I guess..?

I'm doing a write-up about the level system that will take people from 90 to 93. It's called the Path of War, and hopefully it'll clear things up. Slow going cuz I'm not much of a game mechanic designer, but it should take form soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    Thats what Blizzard did wrong. They forgot that the Spider Kingdom existed. Seriously...Anub'arak a 5men boss????Wtf were they thinking (I know that he was a boss in ToC but it wasn't even 1% as epic as it coulda been).
    The fact that Blizzard was at least planning to create an Azjol-Nerub zone gives me hope that we'll see it one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Auroro View Post
    Man, Golden, with the new info on the Old God fighting against each other in the past. You going have to update your history and how would these new nerubian would work under Yogg-Saron or the Twilight Hammer.
    Actually, that fits in perfectly with the storyline I'm planning. The Old Gods have always pitted their elemental servants against each other in combat, so it's not so strange that their Faceless servants would battle as well. This might be because the Old Gods truly hate each other, or its simply a grand game to them. Whatever the case, the Nerubians and the Twilight's Hammer have always worshipped all the Old Gods as a collective pantheon, working towards their release and carrying out their gospel of destruction and chaos.

That is not likely to change for either the Newbreed of the Twilight Scourge.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzer83 View Post
    I'll just say that I read that and would definitely come back to WoW if this was the next expansion!
    High praise indeed. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    might need update for Dragonblight with the new 4.3 instances
    Yeah, I was planning to do that anyway after Twilight of the Aspects came out. I'll have to see if the new instances require any major changes. The new black dragon prince may definitely affect things.

Thanks everyone for the comments. More comin'.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very nice art on the new Sapphion Yak, More and more!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks. Unfortunately, my website currently is down, so I can't link art in the thread. Curses!

Luckily, all the art is up on the wowpedia pages, so if anyone wants to see it, check it out there.

edit - Site restored! Behold direct linking to art!
    Last edited by Golden Yak; 2011-09-28 at 01:36 AM.

Amal'Thuzad as a boss? No no, that Lich stays where he is. Only real friendly Lich in the game and you aint taking him!

(I always use him for my DK's training XD)
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Beautifully worked out concept, but I'm against anything that doesn't result in a Horde aligned faction of nerubians.
    Twas brillig

cool. srsly.

Truly impressive, looks as though it came straight out of Blizzard's playbook.