Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Is this 'THE DARK BELOW'?
    I was thinking this!

Yak was secretly hired by Blizz to build a new expansion on his own

I certainly do hope they've looked into you ideas though, cause it'd fricken be awesome!
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Is this 'THE DARK BELOW'?
    The Dark Below can be the Deep Seas on where there is no light, but we can go there with some and explore the deeps, a deep underground area in which we get to see more of the Nerubians and other underground stuff would be great to and other stuff can be for the Dark Below.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Cone on, just confirm already that "Spider Kingdom" was a lame name and "The Dark Below" is way cooler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuel View Post
    I was thinking this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayb View Post
    Yak was secretly hired by Blizz to build a new expansion on his own

I certainly do hope they've looked into you ideas though, cause it'd fricken be awesome!
    For one brief, awesome instant when I saw that name trademarked I was like "...un...underground...?!"

Then I thought "oh, it might mean underwater too. So, like, Azshara expansion? That'd be pretty great, really."

And now it seems like it was a hoax, and the logo floating around is definitely fake, but... eh! Maybe next expansion!

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Cone on, just confirm already that "Spider Kingdom" was a lame name and "The Dark Below" is way cooler.
    Blasphemy. 'Dark Below' ain't bad for an underworld theme, though.

Spider Kingdom Patch X.2 - Malevolence Rising

The nerubians and their Twilight Cult allies have suffered heavy setbacks, but just as the shadows of doom seem to recede from Northrend, new threats rear their head.

Icecrown Citadel falls under assault by Angerboda and her undead vrykul forces. She has one goal and will not turn from it - she seeks the crown of the Lich King for herself.

Beneath the Storm Peaks, the missing watcher of Ulduar, Tyr, has re-appeared. But he has come commanding a legion of monstrous iron dwarves that are preparing to assault the surface.

And haunting Northrend's ravaged ley lines is the Malevolence, a being of arcane magic and implacable hatred, whose rise threatens all of Azeroth.

Evil is on the rise in Azeroth's underworld...

Overview

*Level cap raised to 95 - the Path of War marches on...
    *New high level quest-chain in Crystalsong Forest that leads to a new zone: Shadowcrown Glacier.
    *New zone unlocked - Shadowcrown Glacier. It is separated into three large sub-regions - The Vile Cascade, the Sea of Saronite, and Dreadstorm City.
    *Many new level 94 and 95 quest-chains have been added. Battle the dread iron dwarves and their fiendish creations, stop Angerboda from creating a new Scourge, and battle the Malevolence and his servants.

*Several new scenarios have begun:

Fall of Malykriss
    The Storming of Icecrown Citadel
    Cleansing of the Nexus

*Three new level 95 dungeons have been found:

Twilight City
    Thunderfury Ramparts
    Karazhan: The Depths

*Three new level 95 raids have been unlocked:

Utgarde Catacombs
    The Dreadforge
    Karazhan: The Malevolence Rift
    Mostly finished, few pages I still want to add. One more patch left!
    Last edited by Golden Yak; 2013-08-20 at 01:27 AM.

This is very well done.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see that some of the raidbosses of X.2 have already spells and abilities, but most 5 man bosses and all of the X.1 bosses don't have them. DO you plan to add them later? I enjoy reading through those stuff. xD

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh... It's funny how blizzard lets down some of the best ideas for an expansion and make stuff that isn't very important to the lore such as Pandaria. By that I mean who cared about pandaria or pandarens before MoP got announced? Blizzard knows what the players want and think is awesome yet they make stuff which lowers subs and then wonder why. Excellent idea Golden Yak. 10/10 and I hope one day you work for blizzard to help make such an expansion possible "Soon™".

You are the king of fan expansions.

I like the concept of a villain going after the crown of the lich king. I mean, it's such a powerful artifact, you would think SOMEONE would be interested in it. Awesome job at naming stuff too. "Shadowcrown Glacier", "Vile Cascade" sound amazing.

Also inb4 your patch logo is in a YouTube video screenshot.

As always, amazing job.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got to admit this is actually getting better and better, but still you planning on having more creatures for the expansion to GoldenYak?
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    I see that some of the raidbosses of X.2 have already spells and abilities, but most 5 man bosses and all of the X.1 bosses don't have them. DO you plan to add them later? I enjoy reading through those stuff. xD
    Maybe. The ideas flowed much more freely for the X.2 bosses. I at least want to go through and add dialogue to the 5-mans and raids in all patches, since it's a great way to convey story elements.

Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    Sigh... It's funny how blizzard lets down some of the best ideas for an expansion and make stuff that isn't very important to the lore such as Pandaria. By that I mean who cared about pandaria or pandarens before MoP got announced? Blizzard knows what the players want and think is awesome yet they make stuff which lowers subs and then wonder why. Excellent idea Golden Yak. 10/10 and I hope one day you work for blizzard to help make such an expansion possible "Soon™".
    If nothing else, Mists shows that any idea, no matter how obscure, has potential to become an expansion. Clearly, the folks at Blizzard wanted to do Pandaria, so they went for it. If enough people clamour for an idea, maybe they can convince Blizzard how great it would be and get them to want it too. I frequently mention that I'd like an underworld expansion, not to mention Emerald Dream and Azshara expansions. If the idea of exploring underground realms really takes off, maybe it will be looked into some day.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    You are the king of fan expansions.

I like the concept of a villain going after the crown of the lich king. I mean, it's such a powerful artifact, you would think SOMEONE would be interested in it. Awesome job at naming stuff too. "Shadowcrown Glacier", "Vile Cascade" sound amazing.

Also inb4 your patch logo is in a YouTube video screenshot.
    I was almost going to shop it into YouTube myself and post it in the other thread and go 'hurrrr!' Didn't want to get my camera out, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    I got to admit this is actually getting better and better, but still you planning on having more creatures for the expansion to GoldenYak?
    Absolutely. Drawing monsters is my favorite. There's even a few creatures from X.1 I want to draw in color. The bestiary is getting pretty hefty at this point.

I posted some Faceless One drawings in the general art thread that I drew a little while back. I'm planning to add more to them to create Faceless Mummies and Dread Iron Faceless Ones. Other beasts will be forthcoming as well.

spider xpac plz no blizzard i have arachnophobia i dont need this

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Where can I find more detailed information on the latest patch, Yakky? Or is what was on page 40, this page, and the first page it so far?
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2013-08-20 at 03:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be cool if Blizzard reached out and got this guy a dev role to build a tier of content based on his Spider Kingdom stuff.

It would be the ultimate honor and show of support for the fans who do this sort of stuff.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nWoMATT125 View Post
    spider xpac plz no blizzard i have arachnophobia i dont need this
    It's been proven that prolonged exposure to the object of one's phobia can eventually cure it. This is science.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Where can I find more detailed information on the latest patch, Yakky? Or is what was on page 40, this page, and the first page it so far?
    The patch logo and title will bring you to the Wowpedia page for the patch if you click them. All the info on patch X.2 is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra85 View Post
    It'd be cool if Blizzard reached out and got this guy a dev role to build a tier of content based on his Spider Kingdom stuff.

It would be the ultimate honor and show of support for the fans who do this sort of stuff.
    Yes, that would be cool.

Get on it Blizz. I'll be waiting for your call.

This is just epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, every time I like more the idea of ​​this expansion ...

new info? Please Golden Yak, we need more

10+ Year Old Account
    X.3 will be the last concept patch and its gonna have a Timeless Isle-style zone.

It will take place on the moon.

There will be moon goblins.