Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Fuck yeah! Spider Kingdom Rogue gear!

Eh i suppose it's alright... "The spider kingdom" imo sounds kinda cheap though
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    "Return of the Nerub"?
    Hi.

you are aware an underground Nerubian zone, raid, dungeons, factions and daily hub was supposed to be part of Wrath and some of the developers have even named it in interview as their biggest wotlk mistake and/or regret not doing it right ?
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Does WANT!

Was a major let down we didn't have an underground-City like Zone,
    Would've been amazing .

Support~

I would like to see an under-Azeroth-related expansion, and I think this sort of thing would tie in perfectly.

Azjol-Nerub was not even remotely properly explored, and it really needs to be. It could be really interesting and a lot of fun if done correctly.

they wouldn't be able to enter SB, well untill the cultists blew up that one pillar.

Deleted
    Love Azjol-Nerub. Sad that no info about the Nerubians were given after WoTLK.
    Loved Anub-Arak too. His fight on hard mode in ToC was crazy.

I like the spider Idea.. But nothrend - not so much, I dont wanna go back to that place..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalaman/Cataclysmus View Post
    Strech the map alittle more so it covers the Argent Tournament part of icecrown. If you did ToC you will understand why
    Heh heh heh...
    Ahahaha...
    Mwahaha!

Don't worry, I've got plans for the Icy Depths.

Quote Originally Posted by toho View Post
    might i suggest that you can choose between a Scarab race and a Spider race? spiders would resemble something like a human but fused with spider-like features. Scarabs would resemble Dreanei but have scarab features.
    I hadn't planned any new playable races, because I think there are plenty of other ideas out there on that score. However, there will be plenty of new enemy races to fight, and I actually have some ideas along the lines you mentioned...

And maybe I'll do a new hero class.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooya View Post
    Your artwork is very good. I don't think there is enough variety in the idea which is crucial.
    This was actually a major concern that arose as I started expanding it. It worked fine as a small raid or a zone, but I was worried that the nerubians wouldn't be able to carry an expansion by themselves.

But I've thrown in some other stuff that should add variety. There's more than just nerubians in Azeroth's underworld.

Quote Originally Posted by broflmao View Post
    Make it so ToC is destroyed and my thumbs are up
    Heh heh heh...
    Ahahaha...
    Mwahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    I was gonna call it Kingdom of the Spiders, but someone already did that.

Quote Originally Posted by sleekit View Post
    you are aware an underground Nerubian zone, raid, dungeons, factions and daily hub was supposed to be part of Wrath and some of the developers have even named it in interview as their biggest wotlk mistake and/or regret not doing it right ?
    Yeah, but they didn't. So it's fair game.

That's actually what I was the most stoked about when Wrath was announced. That's partly why I did this. I was super bummed when it was cut.

I still hold out hope it'll be released in a Cataclysm patch or something, I could see it as a place like Vashj'ir - one massive zone cut into pieces. That's how I first saw this, but I had a ton of raids and dungeons I wanted to write about, and I wanted to write about changes in Northrend post-Wrath, so I figured what the hell and made this an expac idea.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    they wouldn't be able to enter SB, well untill the cultists blew up that one pillar.
    The pillars only kept out the undead. Remember, they had no effect on the Cult of the Damned's living cultists.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Yeah, but they didn't. So it's fair game.

That's actually what I was the most stoked about when Wrath was announced. That's partly why I did this. I was super bummed when it was cut.

I still hold out hope it'll be released in a Cataclysm patch or something, I could see it as a place like Vashj'ir - one massive zone cut into pieces. That's how I first saw this, but I had a ton of raids and dungeons I wanted to write about, and I wanted to write about changes in Northrend post-Wrath, so I figured what the hell and made this an expac idea.
    fair enough i guess

i'll just leave this here ;P....

http://www.wowpedia.org/Queen_Nezar%27Azret
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the idea, the name you need to work on :P

10+ Year Old Account
    fair enough i guess

Heh heh, yep. And here we can see the flavor text on the scepter her page mentions.

10+ Year Old Account
    fair enough i guess

That's interesting. The grey quality item with her name was added in 4.0.3, i'm curious now

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    That's interesting. The grey quality item with her name was added in 4.0.3, i'm curious now
    Archaeology

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihnt View Post
    Archaeology
    Bleh.... dissapointed

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a brief update, with the onset of the holidays and all. Here's a sample of concept art depicting one of the new villains of the reworked Northrend content:

Death Queen Angerboda

I've also written up a fan article detailing the different factions of Scourge Remnants that have arisen in the wake of the Lich King's demise:

Scourge Remnants

Because no one person could replaced Arthas (and the guy trying is sort of on our side) Angerboda will be sharing the top villain slot with another bad guy, a particularly nasty fellow who's in charge of the Twilight's Hammer forces in Northrend. He's an original character, not someone you've seen in the actual game. We'll have a look at him next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge wolf View Post
    Also, I like the idea behind The Wound of the World. Should there be another zone at the very bottom? Waaaaaaay deep down there, kind of like a world beneath the underworld full of twisted creations of the Old Gods. =)
    We won't be venturing to the bottom of the Wound of the World, but we'll eventually see what's down there another way...

Quote Originally Posted by Vorack View Post
    [/COLOR]Suggestion for subzone/faction/dungeon/city:

The sundered monolith, http://www.wowpedia.org/Sundered_Monolith

was the stronghold of the survivors of the spider war. Quests there could involve Brann Bronzebeard (who has an agreement with the monolith's inhabitants), and fighting against Angerboda's scourge.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I misplaced my RPG book related to Northrend (rarr!) so I'd forgotten about the Sundered Monolith. I think I can work it in somewhere.

As for Brann, we'll definitely be seeing him somewhere in the Spider Kingdom!

Quote Originally Posted by kATTEKONGEN View Post
    I like the spider Idea.. But nothrend - not so much, I dont wanna go back to that place..
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjant View Post
    Nice work indeed. Although I'd hate an expansion that took you back to Northrend. Good work none the less!
    The revamped Northrend stuff would remain level 70-80 content, so you'd only go back if you were leveling a character from 70 to 80. The newer stuff in Azeroth's Underworld will be level 85+ content (haven't decided on a level cap, probably won't bother and I'll just call stuff 'Max Level'). Some of it may have you revisit the odd Northrend zone, like the Riplash Ruins, Dalaran, or the Frozen Throne(!), but the trips will be brief, similar to the way Cataclysm does such things.

Loving all the comments guys, thanks for taking the time. Happy holidays, etc, and see you next year.

Maybe you could work in Obsidian Statues -> Destroyers? They were in Warcraft III TFT and looked reaaaally awesome, but somehow Blizzard forget them...and I guess they'd fit your "intelligent Scourge" concept

I like this It's definitly one thing I was very dissapointed with in WotlK was lack of Azjol'Nerub Nerubian Empire. Such a waste it was only 2 small instances. I wish Blizzard did something like what you have here, it's awesome! Can't wait to see more!

I would think that you would want to go beyond Northrend with this. You can easily include the kingdom of Ahn'Qiraj in this as well. Something along the lines of the Cataclysm opened up a rift to the old god C'Thun and had begun to awaken again.

For example:
    The Ahn'Qiraj, who disappeared into their kingdom after the fall of their old master have re-emerged, stronger and more numerous than ever. They have begun to expand their great underground empire. They were drawn to the mystical energies surrounding the Caverns of Time and have begun an assault on the sacred caverns. The Bronze Dragonflight does not have the manpower to defend the sacred caverns due to their war with the Infinite Dragonflight so they call upon the heros of Azzeroth to come to their aid.

You could have the Ahn'Qiraj expanding underground towards regions like Feralas, Desolace, and the Southern Barrens. Again you can credit this expansion to underground rifts torn open after Deathwing's return.

In terms of the caverns of time the Ahn'Qiraj could be assaulting the caverns not form the surface but from underground. They could be attempting to use the caverns to go back in time to the War of the Shifting Sands to bring about the fall of all life on Azzeroth.

The only region that doesn't have any references to the Silithid is in the Eastern Kingdoms. But the Trolls always did speculate that there were other Silithid hives out there. Maybe one can open up in the Eastern Kingdoms somewhere. Deadwind Pass would be a good candidate for some added lore IMO. Nothing much is there to begin with, maybe there's some unknown Silithid Kingdom there that nobody knows about.