Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arons4 View Post
    Thing is, there are mechanics that kill you if you fuck up, in wotlk you could fail again and again and not die.
    I said they are easy with a decent group. The only thing that makes heroics hard are the bad players you group with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all. The only thing that is hard waiting for 40 minutes to get a group and then seeing that group fall apart in 10.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me Heroics were hard the 1st few run. Now they are "normal" difficulty for me (ofcourse depends of the group)

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    As someone who has played since release, I have to say that, no, they are not too hard. Like a poster above, I find them 'challenging', and for me, that is a good thin, after the mindlessness of WotLK. Thank you Blizzard
    Remember: Ignorance can be corrected with a little instruction.
    But, Stupid is forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Challenging yes, hard no.
    I registered on MMO-Champion, and all I got was this lousy signature...

They're a hell with pugs, like on Corborus the people who explains it cost to much mana to take down the shards because they don't want to sacrifice their already rather low DPS to be even lower and then link the recount, where they complain that i, the rogue, should try takin' them out myself if i'm not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerlynne View Post
    I think they are hard, perhaps a hair too hard. I remember being bad at wrath dungeons back in the day (even dying to Ingvar in UK). Sometimes I just feel overwhelmed with what I have to do, especially with the Altarius in VP and Corborus in Stonecore. I'm not one to die standing in fire or to shadowcrashes but dodging tornadoes/frostbreath and trying to find the sweet zone is ridiculously hard esp as a caster. Corborus is just a nightmare if I'm the best aoe (chicken) in the party because of the CD on starfall and the ridiculous mana cost of hurricane, I can't get all the shards down on my own.
    The funny thing is though, none of this dependent upon dps. As long as the tank positions Altairus correctly for each turn of winds, all dps has to do is stay behind boss and watch their aggro (since you're doing dmg at 200% speed and tank is doing dmg at 100% reduced speed), and avoiding funnels is a challenge but not as hard a job as the tank or the healer, who if is knocked about ONCE it will probably result in a wipe. That's just not fair

Edit: I've yet to see a fight that's crucially dependent upon dps BESIDES burning down boss and adds. Too many fight are dependent upon healer/tank perfection, and I think dps do need more of a challenge. I wouldn't expect any of them to find them hard.
    Last edited by Calliemari; 2010-12-19 at 10:37 AM.
    WTB talented signature creators!

10+ Year Old Account
    They are not "hard" per se but they are a very nice stepping stone into raiding. Much better than the Wrath heroics which prepared you for nothing. Not that the first tier of raiding in Wrath was any difficult either.

I have high expectations for this expansion's future content. It is shaping up nicely.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelfie View Post
    Challenging yes, hard no.
    pretty much agree with this, ofc it varies from group to group.

it would be 'hard' if your group was: a) random, and b) barely hitting the ilevel cut off point. then your tank would take a beating, the healer would run oom with sub 70k mana and the DPS would probably do 5-8k. but most people i know, myself included, had done good preparation, bought BoEs, levelled their professions, enchanted their gear, etc and with a co-ordinated group (most of the time) the runs were challenging and it felt good to finish them.

now though, i think my ilevel in dps gear is 347- i have 1 333 trinket left, so technically i outgear the instances and people in guild are about the same so it's gone from challenging to medium difficulty. yesterday our daily hc group consisted of: Bear, Warrior, myself (DK), Mage and Resto druid, and we got SFK. needless to say, we didn't CC a lot but it certainly wasn't an AoE lolfest.

They are a good difficulty, not too hard and not wotlk... :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroics as a dps are actually very easy.. it's mostly the healer and tank that determine whether or not a group is going to horribly fail an encounter. Everyone has their role and their specific duty, but it's hardest to pull off these roles as a healer or tank. (In my opinion, after playing all three.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calliemari View Post
    avoiding funnels is a challenge but not as hard a job as the tank or the healer
    Avoiding the funnels is only a challenge if you have shocking hand eye coordination, you panic a lot (probably not the most ideal thing in a very reaction based game), or you're a bad. But most definately hitting one is not the end of the world unless the tank healer does, I agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Calliemari View Post
    Edit: I've yet to see a fight that's crucially dependent upon dps BESIDES burning down boss and adds. Too many fight are dependent upon healer/tank perfection, and I think dps do need more of a challenge. I wouldn't expect any of them to find them hard.
    There's not many fights that are hard for dps I don't think. Some people I've grouped with find it hard to run from Shatter on Ozruk though.... or avoid Coroborus' leap... that's just terrible play tbh. An exception where you really have to get straight on adds if you have a shocking overall dps group would possibly be Ammunae & Setesh in HoO
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Quote Originally Posted by Fierae View Post
    Avoiding the funnels is only a challenge if you have shocking hand eye coordination, you panic a lot (probably not the most ideal thing in a very reaction based game), or you're a bad. But most definately hitting one is not the end of the world unless the tank healer does, I agree with that.
    I'd imagine for a caster that dodging funnels would be really annoying :P

There's not many fights that are hard for dps I don't think. Some people I've grouped with find it hard to run from Shatter on Ozruk though.... or avoid Coroborus' leap... that's just terrible play tbh. An exception where you really have to get straight on adds if you have a shocking overall dps group would possibly be Ammunae & Setesh in HoO
    When it comes to adds (3rd boss of blackrock caverns, Coroborus, Setesh) I'll give dps credit there. Even in a guild run of Stonecore, the adds on Corborus were just too overwhelming for the dps to control. Class options are really important for Stonecore because in every Corborus video on youtube each dps has a pretty good AoE for adds. In our run we had a couple of hunters, but I don't think Multi shot is spammable is it?

Edit: atrocious spelling
    WTB talented signature creators!

its manageable with even 1 cc, imo

Always run with my guild. I find they are just like wrath, with CC added. Sometimes if we have one of our better tanks and a solid healer, we don't need CC.

Yo Dawg, I heard you like Pirates. Well, I put a Bloodsail in your Bloodsail, and now you can Pirate while you Pirate.

I can't go all out on random targets anymore, ergo, IT IS FUCKING HARD!
    OH FOR GODS SAKE I HAVE NO IMAGINATION.

Quote Originally Posted by Fierae View Post
    or avoid Coroborus' leap...
    I got hit by his leap once and died. Tank complained it was easy to avoid. Eventually, we wiped. Next round, tank dies on the second leap along with the Warlock, and we wiped again. Oh how sweet that tasted. I didn't say anything, but his ego took a big hit as evidenced by me getting kicked before third pull.

I find them easy enough, though it does bother me that I always seem to be the only one doing interrupts, only one killing random sentries, and kitings, and at the end the tank will always say, well that was easy don't know what the fuss was all about.

Give good dps credit, we do more than hit shit.

i think some are hard like the 3rd boss in heroic grim batol that has a 180 degree frontal cone, drops pools on the ground the slow you and damage you, and spawns adds the need to to zerged down or they will 1 shot the person to target. but all fights are doable and will eventually be cake once everyone knows the tactics. i think the hardest part right now for dps is for people to not concentrate on their dps meter, because sometimes you have to cancel that long cast to move sometimes you have to kite something, sometimes you have to do a lot of moving to keep from taking damage.

They're hard until you've done them enough times to get the fights ingrained in your memory. After that, it's just repetition of what you know works, and the only hard thing about them is other people who aren't as familiar with them screwing it up.

For example, Karsh Steelbender isn't hard until I have to teach it to a tank who's never done it on heroic before (which it seems I have to do every time I'm in there, but whatever, everyone has to learn). Or when we have to wipe on Erudax for the rogue who's never been there to realize yes, Crippling Poison is really that much more important than your dps. That kind of thing....
    Last edited by Eleri; 2010-12-19 at 12:47 PM.